Notices

nobody answers me

Old 10-24-2006, 11:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

nobody answers me

I am thinking of leaving this site as I never get any answers from anyone. I feel lonlier than ever after I post, as it is always the last post (even when I answer someone elses post the threads stop) oh well. Must be something about me, I guess.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

It's just timeing Hon,...with catching up with the threads,...!

When you all go to bed i get up,..so miss you all on in the evening so i post late in your night,...! Im always missing threads that are intresting,...!

Dont Give up hope Sweetie,..join in with the movie club or the Garden,...I love the Garden,...in 'What is Recovery'...or the Dont Quit,...! even jump on the nebie bus n have a laugh,...

You've got a cat,...yes,...There are loads of rats out there too that need busting,...!
Hang in there n i will keep a eye out for you,......
Old 10-25-2006, 12:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I feel the same way. I'm a freak! I'm terminally unique! Or so run the tapes in my head.

But that's why I'm in recovery.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I am sorry to see you feel ignored.
That is a bummer for sure!

Keep in focus and move forward...
Old 10-25-2006, 01:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

2:20 AM my time(east coast US) your post was placed. All across the whole USA and Canada most people are sleeping or getting ready for sleep at that time.

Sorry that we don't get to you sooner. Some times it is a matter of people not being around. Other times it could be that things are so busy, some posts may get unnoticed for a bit.

As people show that have answers to share, they will reply.

Wake me up with a fry pan if need be *LOL*
Old 10-25-2006, 03:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

blue, I am sorry if some of your posts have gone unanswered. Please don't take offense to it. I promise you it is not personal. I too have felt that way at times, but sometimes it just seems that way here. Stick around and get to know some of us around here and give it a chance.

Hugs and sorry for the silence.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you feel that way; I think many of us do at times. It really isn't about being ignored or feeling as if there is nothing to contribute or being a thread stopper. It is about timing and what it going on at any given time. Best is correct, I think - I'm fortunate enough to sleep at night so I'm not here real late and sometimes my work schedule keeps me tied up.

Keep coming back - you'll see. SR and the great folks here can really grow on you!
Old 10-25-2006, 04:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lately, I only get on every few days. I'm sorry you feel so bad, but I think everyone feels ignored sometimes. Kinda like in school with the popular kids and the not popular kids. I was the latter, so I know what it feels like to be looked over.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
To Life!

I think it's a very good sign of health, though, that you recognized what you were needing, and were able to ask for it!
Thanks for sharing that positive attribute with us. It's a very good model for the rest of us to follow!

Shalom!
Old 10-25-2006, 06:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Nikita,

I am sorry I've missed your posts too.

I agree with Teach that it's great that you pointed out to us that you were feeling neglected. I really hope you keep posting.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((( nikitablue ))) I'm sorry that I too have missed your posts. I agree with teach and anna that it is very healthy for you to point it out to us.

Congrats on your clean time.. that is awesome. You must be feeling pretty good about yourself by now. Please hang around and let us know what you're thinking and how you're feeling?

Michele
Old 10-25-2006, 08:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Nikita, I'm sorry you felt ignored, I have too at times here. It's not you...... It may just be timing or maybe the title of you thread try to make it interesting like this one! You got some attention with this one! Don't leave the site. Stay with us, there's so many great people here. And It's really good to have someone to talk to, even if the line is busy sometimes.........Take care, and keep posting
Puppy
Old 10-25-2006, 09:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Nikita,

How are you doing today? You wrote late last night when I was sound asleepp ((zzzzzzzzzzzzzing)) but now I am around.

Whats going on with you? If you want you can PM me and I will be more than happy to hear whats going on with you.

I hope you know that you are cared for here all day and all night even though the boards are quiet sometimes.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

well...you got our attention now! i hope you keep trying here...it is such a great place to be and make friends...and if you keep trying you will definately make friends here...we all care....and you should be very proud of yourself!!! have a wonderful day and i'm so glad this post finally got you some attention....it's always so nice when people notice you...
Old 10-25-2006, 11:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sorry you feel that way. Along with the time difference, some of us that are very interested in what you've posted don't have the time to answer. Like myself. I'm a patient in a VA Hospital here in Mass. We share 2 computers here at the library with about 200 veterans. Many times I've only got time to read and not post. However, I skipped lunch( That's big for me) in order to reply to you. Have you thought about going onto the " chat"? The boards are great but, many only have work computers and only check in every few days.
However, I'm glad you're here. Please don't leave. Check out my " perspective" thread. Smile
Old 10-25-2006, 09:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Niki...i too felt the same feelings when I originally starting posting in this forum. Our numbers are small and the forum sometimes goes days without activity from anyone.

It's not you dear one....

It's perhaps a good sign when some don't pop in for a while because perhaps it means they are off in their lives feeling happy and making up for the times they spent depressed and immobil.

In this rushed world...we all are pushed to do so much at once. For me...my recovery is very much a self-centered one (on one side) so I tend to pop in, scan the new threads and if nothing grabs my attention then I log out and may not have time to pop back in for a few days.

But I also think that to an extent...each of our recovery's have to be self-centered....if they are to be successful we have to put ourselves first.

So please don't be discouraged if you don't get replies for a while....just means that some people like me, who were once lost in the darkest of deep pits of depression and dispair have escaped for a while and are soaking up the sun while it lasts

Hugs and Welcome to SR and MH,
Jenna
Old 10-26-2006, 03:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

nikitablue thanks everyone for their replies!

It meant al lot to me to go in and read all your replies tonight, thank you so much. I just got diagnosed with sleep apnea and narcolepsy and am afraid to sleep as I don't have a much needed machine to keep me breathing while I am asleep. No wonder I have been extremely tired and falling asleep all day, and also cannot drive. It will be a godsend to get this CPAP constant productive airway pressure)I think... I have been suffering with sleep/wake cycle problems since I was a kid. I started taking modanifil yesterday to keep me more alert during the day. anyway don't want to bore you all! Take care everyone. Will be thinking about all of you, and you are all in my hopes and prayers. Better try and go lay down it is 3:25 here in British Columbia.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:51 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

nikita, I wish you best of luck with it all, sounds like you got quite a lot on your plate right now. Also, I never meant to ignore ya, I sometimes just dunno what to add to a thread.

Marte
Old 10-27-2006, 12:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

i know many who's sleep has greatly improved since using a C-pap machine.

i also aplogize for not answering posts to often, i am have so busy with my new job and moving from my house that i am only on once or twice a week. but know that everyone here is always on my mind!
take care
Old 10-27-2006, 04:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nikitablue
I am thinking of leaving this site as I never get any answers from anyone. I feel lonlier than ever after I post, as it is always the last post (even when I answer someone elses post the threads stop) oh well. Must be something about me, I guess.
Don't feel bad, i'm starting to feel the same way about that Community Greeter - person's never said a WORD to me.

Nah but hey, join the club and don't feel alone in your sense of isolation: i feel alone all the time except for when I'm at work.

Now, that's bad. LOL

Fortunately, the Celexa is kicking in and at least I'm not as depressed about... err... feeling alone. Does that make sense?

Look, you've only got 14 posts. Give us time. Good to make your acquaintance.

i am John