Notices

Allergic to Xanax?

Old 09-16-2006, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Allergic to Xanax?

I'm seeing my Dr. later this week so I can get a medical opinion, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I was given 10 xanax pills to use if I started to feel anxious. So far I've used about 4. I'm mostly using them to help me fall asleep at night since the prozac I'm taking seems to put my brain in overdrive and it won't shut up.

Anyway, about 10 hours after I take a xanax, my chin and jaw itch really bad! I keep scratching my face and eventually it wears off. I don't have a rash. I've taken xanax in the past and never had this happen. Can you develop an allergy? Is there any other explanation as to why part of my face itches??

I haven't had a drink in about 2 weeks so I don't have to worry about it being a reaction to alcohol!
Old 09-16-2006, 08:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No idea.

But I did have a problem with the Prozac. It wound me up like superman, what people say the cocaine high feels like, is what it did to me. Then I was all wired out, couldn't sleep, eat, think straight, sit still etc.

But no, never itched from either one of them.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It could well be an allergic reaction...I was taking meds(not xanax) for weeks with no problems and then just started reacting to almost all the meds I was taking...sometimes your body just becomes hypersensitive for no reason, it can settle back down or so I am told.