Notices

Is This Common

Old 09-07-2006, 04:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Is This Common

It's a little over two months since I started using anti-d's, everything is so much better, but now and then I feel that weight the old feelings hit like a ton of bricks, even in the middle of the night. It does pass after a few hours, but it's like the old me the one who's been tormenting me for to long, the one I've been so used to living with for way to long is screaming to get out again, ugh I can't stand the thought of that ever happening again, the thought of it is darn scarey.

Have any of you experienced this? Is this common? Is it because I've only used them a couple months? I see my Dr again in Nov, but wanted to check in here to see what some may think about this. The good news is I haven't drank at all, nor want to, phewwwwww to that.

Funny thing to I was scared half to death of using any kind of pill, now today I'm scared to stop using them, lordy.

Thanks for reading my message, any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hi, wingsfree,
Glad you're feeling so much better!
It can take 3-6 months for an anti D to get fully into your system, so, you could be having break through depression as a result of that fact. Otherwise, I honestly don't know. But, I do know that I have to take care of myself physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually if I want to feel good -- with or without meds.
Keep up the good work. Keep a journal; you may find it's related to something else - like your monthly friend; or something you've eaten. And keep the faith!

Shalom!
Old 09-07-2006, 08:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I went through the exact same thing when I was on my meds a couple years ago. It takes awhile for them to take full effect. After awhile it happened less frequently and finally stopped. The thing I learned while using the anti-d's was that I had to be really patient and not freak out if I wasn't feel better after a month or so because that definitely isn't something that is just going to disappear. It'll take some time for it to go away, you just have to be patient. If you still have trouble a little further down the road I would suggest consulting with your doctor about it to make sure everything is ok. I hope you feel better!
Old 09-08-2006, 05:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I do Wingsfree. When the light starts to change with the seasons and there's less light, I start to feel down more often. Sometimes my doctor adjusts my meds if the depression comes back too strong and quickly. And yeah, Historyteach says, you gotta keep up your physical health, and eat properly as well - makes a big difference. That's been tough for me, wannabe couch potato that I am. Good luck, it gets better....