Notices

How many anxiety attacks does it take...?

Old 05-01-2017, 01:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How many anxiety attacks does it take...?

So only ons weekends do i drink which i also want to quit all together..because when i do i also tend to find coke and do some of that... Then i end up like right now waking up after finally getting some sleep with a terrible anxiety attack... Feeling like im going crazy..cant breath.. Like im going to stop breathing in my sleep just worrying about all kinds of stuff...wishing i can get over it so i can go back to sober and anxiety free...how many time am i going to do this to myself...how bad do these awful anxiety attacks have to get before im fianlly so terrified of them that ill stay for ever away from alcohol and other substances.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

As many times as it takes for you to realise it's a dead end, Khyser.
Fortunately you get to decide when that realisation occurs.

Today sounds good, mate

D
Old 05-01-2017, 05:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
It took me 27 years, and I pray that it takes others much less. Thankfully that day came when I didn't have to fight it any longer. Yep, today sounds good.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I wish for you "freedom" moving forward. To be released from the clutches of addiction and the cycle of heightened anxiety and panic. It's certainly not fun and far better off the ride.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What you're describing sounds awful.

I lived that way for too many years.

The good news is that help is available.

I no longer have addiction issues (although I work hard each day to maintain my sobriety) and I have had my anxiety issues resolved for many years.

I hope that you get help, too.

Keep us posted.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
F*** the Zero

I too lived like that for too long and believe me it gets far far worse if you just wait till you cant handle it at all. do every thing you can to not let it get to that

Originally Posted by SoberCAH View Post
I have had my anxiety issues resolved for many years
I'm 8 months and still struggle with it, any advice how you resolved it would be appreciated
Old 05-02-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by SeaOfSerenity View Post
any advice how you resolved it would be appreciated
AA meetings, serving others, getting involved with my church, prayer & meditation, hobbies. It's a lifetime of work and effort, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by khyzer35 View Post
Feeling like im going crazy..cant breath.. Like im going to stop breathing
OMG...just hated that feeling! My anxiety was so jacked up...once I was at a meeting, sitting at a round table with 6-8 business colleagues and I had a panic attack. The meeting ended with me being taken away to the hospital in an ambulance...talk about embarrassing!

Did I stop drinking after the incident? Nope, kept going for another decade! At the time, I didn't realize that the panic attacks and anxiety was caused by my drinking...just thought I was an anxious person.

Since I stopped drinking, I haven't had 1 panic attack and while I still have a bit of anxiety, it's nothing like it used to be. THANK GOD!!!
Old 05-05-2017, 06:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

In 1989 I started getting drunk every single day. That lasted till 10/24/2016.

In the early years I had a lot of fun; but then drinking just became an awful addiction.

The anxiety and panic was a daily thing for me until I got enough liquor in me to calm down - I was stuck in that rotten cycle for decades.

Eventually even drinking didn't stop the anxiety and panic and I was a mess 24/7 - drunk or not. I had hit rock bottom. You will know when that happens - that is when you will be ready to change.

Good luck.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You can get off that cycle any time you want.

All of that goes away with continuous sobriety. It does take a while - I felt pretty good at about a month sober, even better by three months. It did take a year for my anxiety to subside completely and in that year I did a lot of reading about anxiety and coping tools, how to deal with specific situations, and I ate a mostly whole food nutritious food plan, and got as much exercise, water, and sleep as possible.

I gave my body the opportunity to return to healthy levels and it did.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i never posted like this before, im usally asking for help

but im currently 10 months sober, and i suffered from what you have, i was only a binge drinker (only sounds stupid but) so when i drank i drank to black out....

and i would wake up no matter, what when, how much i drank in a full fledge panic attack, im going to be very honest, your body is telling you something... stop... i delt with it for close to 5-6 years of it happening every single time, trying to trick myself, or change what i drank, or didnt have a cig when i drank... same result

6 years of panic attacks, every single time i drank, mainly weekends, never drank during the week or NEEDED a drink everyday...

but 10 months sober on some new meds and i dont miss it at all, but it took me a good 6 months to start being around it, its tough its one of the toughest things i ever done, since booze is everywhere, family and friends anywhere you go....i lost freinds because of it, but you know what, whats more important... booze or living your life? and im only 34