Notices

Benzo withdrawal, anxiety, panic attacks

Old 03-16-2017, 10:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Benzo withdrawal, anxiety, panic attacks

Is there anyone here who is having trouble with benzos? I was put on these meds 3 decades age for anxiety and panic. I have been through 2 horrendous withdrawals due to tolerance. I am now trying to come off valium and it is a nightmare.

I also have a severe cardiac phobia. It feels like I am always dying of a heart attack and these drugs are making it so much worse now. Is there anyone here going through what I am going through and would like to talk. I sure could use the support.

Thanks--
Old 03-17-2017, 05:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I'm glad you're reaching out for support, I don't have any experience with this but hopefully you'll get some responses today. Have you talked to your prescriber about your symptoms?
Old 03-17-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
I'm glad you're reaching out for support, I don't have any experience with this but hopefully you'll get some responses today. Have you talked to your prescriber about your symptoms?
Thanks for your response Astro. Yes, I see both a MD and have been seeing a psychologist regularly for many years and other doctors. They know my history very well.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

are you just coming off it of or are you doing it right with lowering the dosage, thats a biggie

everytime i came off a med, zoloft, welbutrin, prozac, cymbalta, i did it the dummy way because "I WAS DONE WITH MEDS" and for a week i paid the price every time

will say never went off valuim though, but i cant imagine its much diffrent, it sucks, but and I AM NOT A DOCTOR, but if your constantly having to get off due to increase of your meds, and tolerance, you should look into its called a buccal swab test, its a swab that gives you a reading of what meds work best with your chemiesty, i was close to 300mg with zoloft and even then it wasnt doing anything and now im on 60 of cymbalta and i notice the difference

it can be costly, i would make sure if you do check it out, to get pricing and see if insurance may cover it, its new thing, i mean for me it really only told me i metabolize zoloft faster then the other meds thats why i was at such a high dosage

hope that helped