Notices

I'm living Benzo free Part 3

Old 05-27-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Thanks for the hug Astro. Same, same.

Yeah, I reckon they're all over the joint in various ways. But a stone's throw is very scary.

I probably would have taken a lift if I was a neighbour. Mild mannered reporters, the travelling salesman, the married man. Did you read about "our" psycho, Ivan Milat

I used to work with men out of gaol (not Probation& Parole) for a bit and I remember one bloke telling me that when he looked into his eyes it was terrifying.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

I was a late bloomer Steely. I was the beautiful, perfect one that was fully expected to complete college and do great things. Instead, I decided to rebel, and rebel, I did, in a big, big way lol. I got hammered, stoned, smoked my 1st cig, and lost my virginity, all in the 1st week after high school graduation, while camping w/my friends at the beach. I thought I was finally having fun, but didn't realize that was the beginning of my self destruction.

It took me another 30 years to figure out that drugs and alcohol were not the answer and I'll be forever grateful that I did. My poor mum never had the luxury. Her doctor dispensed pills like they were candy. Thank goodness the world is beginning to see that there's a prescription pill epidemic out there!
Old 05-27-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

I looked up Ivan Milat and that was who that movie Wolf Creek was about.

I used to hitch rides in my teens, until the wrong people picked me up one day. When I was 19, I decided to hitch a ride to see my then bf, who lived 45 min. away from me by car. Three guys in a truck picked me up and the ride went pretty smooth until we arrived near my destination. Those "nice guys" then started to talk about how I could "pay" for my ride. I quickly jumped outta the vehicle when they slowed down for a traffic light and ran like a bat outta _ell! I never accepted a ride after that from anyone lol. Lesson learned!!!
Old 05-27-2016, 07:57 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

I didn't realise Wolf Creek was about Ivan Milat kzaug I'd just heard it was a really scary movie. Made by a group of young blokes I think. Ivan Milat was one freaky dude. They reckon he must have had an accomplice, but no one has ever been charged.

When I look at the amount of hitchhiking I did when young, I shudder. Never in a million years would I hitch again. Lucky to make it to the bus stop. Ha ha

Yeah, rebel child, me too. There was a lot to rebel against that's for sure, but it sure hasn't held me in good staid for today. I reckon a rebel without alcohol makes for a much better rebel. James Dean would be proud.

Have a top day kzaug.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:45 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

House has hit the ground and I step out into color .. although ..

.. It's floodin down in Texas ..

Old 05-27-2016, 11:53 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

It's rainin down in Sydney.

That Stevie Ray Vaughan is good.

You gone to colour Blackie?
Old 05-27-2016, 11:59 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

.. to all my brothers .. gone ,, and still here ,,

Old 05-28-2016, 12:08 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

That video wouldn't open Blackie, but had a feeling it would be about your comrades in war. I'm so sorry Blackie.

What happened to the house? Did you mean house of cardboard ceilings, or were you using symbolism?
Old 05-28-2016, 12:40 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

The 4th Infantry Division was my assignment ,, I worked on helicopter weapons systems in support of the Cavalry and Air attack units .. at a higher maintenance level ,, but always went to the field with them no matter .. yeah I saw no official or acknowledged combat during my time .. which was Reagan as president .. and our units rotated in and out of Honduras ,, 86-89 or so ..

Old 05-28-2016, 12:42 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

.. symbolism as the cat is in color .. and free ..
Old 05-28-2016, 12:53 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

,, yeah I think I might get me a new mattress ,,
.. they say if it is too old .. it is full dust and skin mites ,..

.. sounds bad .. but really .. those mites .. might serve a purpose ..
Old 05-28-2016, 01:38 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Bloody skim mites Blackie! Are they bed bugs? Get yourself a new mattress for goodness sake. I've got a skim BOARD, but it's not a mite, maybe a gromit. ha ha

and dusty....for gawd's sake. I know you're a carpenter, but......

Felt sad listening to your video. Sad for all of the young American and Honduran lives, for little more, from what I can figure, the U.S. Government's fear of leftism in Central America.

Cannon fodder. Old blokes sending young blokes to war to protect their own vested interests. I'm no expert, or political scientist, but that's how I've always understood it, best I can.

I grieve the lives of all young men and women being sent to war. Unless I am under direct threat, or invasion, I lay my arms down by the riverside. Pete Seeger.

I am so sorry about your friends. Bet you made a great helicopter engineer, and know you would have stuck by your mates.

Bloody skim mites, never even heard of 'em. Ditch the mattress.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:45 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Oh, SKIN mites. I read it as skim. Need new glasses.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:18 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

On consideration, I would go overseas if someone like Adolf Hitler were exterminating Jewish people or something.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - The Animals

Blacky, I'm having trouble understanding your meaning.

When I asked about symbolism, I was referring to your statement, "the house has hit the ground". Thought you might have been in trouble, hence, "symbolic", for things collapsing. idk

Your response, "the cat is in colour and free", made no sense to me whatsoever. Nothing to do with symbolism. Free what?

No idea why mites and mattresses emerged, but did my best to find meaning. Being obscure makes it really difficult to communicate.

And communication is a really important part of this whole exercise.

Did I miss something?
Old 05-28-2016, 08:10 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
Astro, Which Rush song is your fave? Mine is Dreamline and 2112.
Huh??!! Good lord that's like asking me which liquor was my fave "back then"! I dunno just gimme some!

Actually there's a track called Tears on 2112, it's very good. But, aahhh, Working Them Angels, The Trees, Hemispheres, Xanadu, Natural Science, Witch Hunt......

Sooooo many to choose from!
Old 05-28-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Astro, I didn't think you'd be able to choose from just one song lol. That's like asking me which Iron Maiden song is my fave? Are you kidding haha!?! I always thought that Rush fans should have had a special name like the "dead heads" did. Maybe "Rush nuts" or something lol. I lived w/1 in the late 80's & he was quite fanatical about Rush...and acid, but that's another story lol. Really though, this guy would eat 12 hits of acid because his tolerance was built so high. I think he ended up in permanent psychosis, yikes.

Steely, I think Blacky was talking about buying a new mattress because old mattresses can get dust mites. And, I couldn't see what he posted, but maybe free cats was in reference to his impending jail time?

The town next to ours is having "Old Fashion Days" this past week, which is a fair and different bands playing. The band tonight is a Bob Seger tribute band and the hubs n I are going! And going to fireworks tomorrow night, if weather permits.

Melki, I hope you're doing well hun.

Have a wonderful wkends friends! (( Hugs )) & love!
Old 05-28-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope everyone is having a ok weekend
Old 05-28-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Thanks kzaug,

Just find it hard Blacky with unfinished sentences. Glad the cat is free and colourful though.

"Freedom" - Richie Havens - Woodstock.

Still can't figure how dust mites could serve a purpose outside of eating the mattress.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

The house hitting the ground is a reference to the movie the Wizard of Oz
because the movie goes from black and white to color at the point Dorthy steps out.

Thus my cat av went from b/w to color.

The matress thing is a joke on all the memorial day sales commercials that have no real mention of what the day is about .. great memorial day mattress sale blah blah blah ..

By Tor and the Snow Dog .. just because that came to mind .. too many to have a fav