# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm living Benzo free Part 2

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...o-free-23.html

D
Old 02-13-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kick-off Dee😊 Patricia, how are you? I really hope you'll take advice and get some help ASAP, you're in my thoughts hon
Old 02-13-2016, 06:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We graduated to part 2 guys! Yea!

Dee!
Old 02-14-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome Kzaug and thank you D
Old 02-14-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
We graduated to part 2 guys! Yea!
See what you started, K!

Happy Valentine's Day to all. I hope you're spreading unconditional love today.

We had a small birthday party at our house last night, booze everywhere. Of course we asked our guests to take it home with them. It was nice to know we didn't have to drink to have a great time.

Patricia, I pray you're doing well today and on your way to finding peace.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope everyone is doing as well as possible today.

Feeling unmotivated myself but that is ok, I don't have anything pressing to do.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I feel unmotivated too,got groceries done, took hubs to breakfast, now getting ready for g-son to come over and watch him,hope everyone is well😊
Old 02-14-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi guys, Happy Valentine's to everyone!

I've never been much of a romantic, so I've never expected much from my hubs on Valentine's Day. But, boy, my daughter's sure like to go all out....or should I say, want their hubs to go all out lol. This worked out fine for my younger daughter. Her bf got her candy, a card, flowers, earrings & even took my grandson shopping for her & got her a necklace.....not to mention dinner & hotel reservations lol....talk about all out.
Unfortunately, my oldest daughter & her hubs have been experiencing some marital difficulties. Her main issue w/him is he doesn't show enough affection towards her & their son. That's putting it mildly. He's not mean or angry...He just doesn't display feelings for anyone.
He's aware of how my daughter feels, so one would think that Valentine's would be the perfect time to show that he loves her. Money's no object for him, so you would think he could have gotten something special for her. But he didn't. I felt so bad for her, so my grandson & I made her a pretty handmade card & got her some earrings ( from him. )

Astro, I'm glad you had a nice, sober time at the party. Isn't it great waking up the next day...not hungover?!

Blacky and Winslow, we're pretty unmotivated over here today too. I was raised that Sunday was a day of rest anyways. We had 1 of our grandsons overnight last night, so we had a rated g movie marathon.

Patricia, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi Wolfie! I hope you have a great night!

(( Hugs )) everyone!
Old 02-15-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It's also great to wake up sober on Valentine's Day and set up flowers, chocolates, gifts, and Renaissance Faire tickets on my wife's dressing table! The weather is great today, we're going to enjoy it.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Was 3 inches of snow on the road this morning, now it is all gone from it switching to rain. Temperature was 20 yesterday and will be 60 tomorrow. I hope my mood picks up as well .. ha ..

One positive thing is a customer I thought I lost was just out of town. I had put them off back when I was drinking and left a message and never heard back .. for a month. People called yesterday apologizing to me.

That be all for now, best wishes.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
It's also great to wake up sober on Valentine's Day and set up flowers, chocolates, gifts, and Renaissance Faire tickets on my wife's dressing table! The weather is great today, we're going to enjoy it.
That's great! My hubs and I have always wanted to go to 1 of those. Medieval movies are my faves! I'm going to put Renaissance Faire on my bucket list, along w/Native American Pow Wow ( always wanted to go to 1 of those too. )

So, where is everyone? I'm used to you posting 2-3 times/day, Blacky lol. That's okay though....I know you're not feeling well. I just hope it's not really bad.

Winslow, I hope you're having a good Mon. hun.

Patricia, you're always in my thoughts and prayers. I miss you sweety.

So, I finally started working out again today...30 min. stretchout and 7 mins on the treadmill, rockin out to Kansas, Boston, CCR and Janis Joplin! I'm in a goldie oldies sort mood today. I realized I wasn't getting pooped out try to keep up w/my hubs...aka, super sonic speedy gonzalez, when we went out this past wkend. That got me motivated to get back to my exercise routine.
I blew my diet this past wkend with all that Valentine's candy. It would have been rude to refuse, so I happily obliged lol. My hubs doesn't help my dieting resolve much either. He's always telling me he doesn't care how much I weigh & he likes that there's more of me to hold onto lol. I tell him not to get used to it because I'll be thin again by summer. And I'm back to eating apples, oranges & bananas when I crave sweets now.

(( Hugs )) all!
Old 02-15-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm doing ok Kzaug, just feeling a bit down. I think it is probably normal after
being wound up from coming off klonopin. This is part of the cycle I hope.
It was like I was on some sort drug there for a few days.

I see the doctor tomorrow. I have been able to sleep ok so no need for any meds for that.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey Blacky, feeling down n out is definitely a part of early recovery...a huge part for some. I actually gave myself a yr. ( to be revised to 1 1/2-2yrs if need be lol ) telling myself it takes a long time for our bodies and minds to rebound after abusing them for so long. I think everyone should be committed to as long as it takes in sobriety.

Mine has been quite the journey. I went from being cut off methadone, norco & klonopin after 10yrs on them...to pizzed off and I was going to sue that evil doc...to shooting up heroin, buying my klonopin on streets & not feeling much of anything...to rehab, quitting cold turkey & feeling confused as to what to do next...to quitting subs 6mo's after that & feeling confused & pizzed off because the withdrawals were lasting so long, plus the hubs was still doing heroin...to finding Sober Recovery & feeling quite relieved to find out the long subs withdrawals were "normal"...to finally starting to feel better physically, but still pizzed off & depressed because hubs was still in active addiction...to feeling depressed because I couldn't think straight, had a foggy, messed up brain & thought it was permanently damaged...to feeling both physically & mentally better and happy, but apprehensive because my hubs finally got off the heroin...to having the best summer of my life since my kids were growing up & feeling happy most of the time. Whew, yea it's been one rollercoaster of a ride lol.

Now, I'm continuing my journey by staying connected to other people like me and trying to better my body & my mind.

Betcha didn't expect that when ya said ya felt down, huh. Sorry, sometimes a thought hits me and I run w/it lol.

I'm glad you're sleeping well though. Let us know what happens at the docs, k?

(( Hugs ))
Old 02-15-2016, 06:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I don't feel as down now .. ha ..
Old 02-15-2016, 07:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
I don't feel as down now .. ha ..
Lmao! You crack me up Blacky!
Old 02-16-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
rockin out to Kansas, Boston, CCR and Janis Joplin! I'm in a goldie oldies sort mood today
Can't we call it classic rock cuz golden oldies makes me feel....so.....well....old!!
Old 02-16-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey all,not much different going on with me, its been warm here 77 yesterday and my allergies are already acting up....great,Patricia, I hope everything is ok,Kzaug,have you heard from her? Blacky,wonderful you can sleep,I'm jealous as I've never been able to sleep,that's one of the reasons I started drinking and I thought I found a miracle sleep aid,oh man wish I had a time machine!!! Hope we all have a nice Tuesday, I'll check in after work😊
Old 02-16-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm still feeling weird but after some thought set up some work for tomorrow anyway.
The doctor is increasing my lexipro a bit, another thing that had me leery of scheduling work. I think it will be ok though.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Well guys...I just lost my entire post because my phone is finicky every now and then. I had a very busy, long day and am pretty tired, so I'll be back tomorrow.
(( Hugs ))
Old 02-17-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
Can't because call it classic rock cuz golden oldies makes me feel....so.....well....old!!
Absolutely! Those bands really belong in the classic rock genre for people our age anyway. As far as feeling old though....naw. Idk bout you, but I'm in the prime of my life lol.

Blacky, I'm really happy you're doing so well. I know things feel strange, but count yourself blessed because it seems you've skipped the horrid part of withdrawals dear. I wish everyone had your genetic make-up. I hope your job goes well today.

Winslow, 77°? You lucky girl! It's been single digits around here lately, but it's getting warmer...suppose to be in the 50's Fri.! I haven't heard from Patricia. I messaged her Sun., but haven't gotten a response. I'm worried about her too.

The sun is shining bright today...Love it! I quit subs about the same time last yr. & my favorite 2 places to be during withdrawals were the bathtub & on the steps on my porch lol. My withdrawals didn't bother me as much when I did these 2 things. It was still really cold, but I'd put my coat on & site outside for hrs., soaking up the sun. Once summer arrived, that was it! I did everything outside!

Happy hump day guys! (( Hugs ))