Notices

nature sounds app.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

nature sounds app.

Well I've started my war against anxiety-- first thing was to download a nature sounds app on my phone. I always have my phone around so it's something I can access all the time so if I'm having trouble I can take a little break and relax with the help of the nature sounds.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

My favourite is waves crashing on a beach. That sound always calms me.

Plus, do you know that listening to a cat purr will always lower your blood pressure and calm you?
Old 10-02-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Me too. I've got the Relax Melodies one.

It is my rock, I'd be lost without it. In bed, on the tube (subway if you're not a Brit) - I love it.

Yep, Anna, it's all about the waves......
Old 10-02-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

All excellent suggestions I find focusing on my breath really calms me that and walking & binaural beats

I didn't know that about the cat purr Anna I have just told Mrs Sw she's trying it now

The sounds of birds is unmatched is there somewhere you can put feeders in your garden youl attract birds in no time & the sounds of the garden sound like Eden so relaxing so peaceful & tranquil

Old 10-03-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Love the suggestion on a cat purring!!
Old 10-03-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

As a suggestion you tube has a huge selection of nature sounds, meditations, etc.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
My favourite is waves crashing on a beach. That sound always calms me.

Plus, do you know that listening to a cat purr will always lower your blood pressure and calm you?
Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
All excellent suggestions I find focusing on my breath really calms me that and walking & binaural beats

I didn't know that about the cat purr Anna I have just told Mrs Sw she's trying it now

The sounds of birds is unmatched is there somewhere you can put feeders in your garden youl attract birds in no time & the sounds of the garden sound like Eden so relaxing so peaceful & tranquil

Last night I woke up with anxiety and did the breathing-- thanks soberwolf, I looked that up and it's a little different than the yoga breathing I was doing. I focused on Chuck Berry's My dingaling, he's so fun to watch singing that song-- that helped a little although it just bothered me I didn't remember the words lol finally got up and took an antibiotic for my uti--was happy about that because it had been 6 hours lol. Then worked on work scheduling for a bit. After coming back to bed my grand kitten (husband picked up an abandoned prego mama a few years back) helped me calm down immensely. She seemed to sense I needed her--she's kind of standoffish and high strung most of the time, but she's one of my favorites. And yeah purring is awesome! My best buddy cat will turn himself around so his rear is on my shoulder at night (when I'm on my back) and he lays himself down my body--that's the best but he's on my pillow mostly and purring helps calm me. I was just thinking-- I wish we had feliway diffusers for humans--those things that are pheromone based that plug in the wall and calm cats lol.