Notices

Klononopin? Tolerance and withdrawl.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Klononopin? Tolerance and withdrawl.

So my doc gave me klonopin about a month ago. He wanted me to take it every day up to 3 times a day. I did not do that as I was concerned about the whole addiction thing and tolerance and stuff I keep hearing about. Now I do take it about every 3 days and I usually only take 1 maybe 2 a day and they are low dose. I don't know why he wants me to take them for so long, so far its been a month when I hear how bad that is to do. My niece took them for years like 5 years I think, every single night and she says she never had an issue coming off them. So I just don't understand. honestly I wish I could just take them forever because they do take the edge off my anxiety at least. I have tried so many meds and nothing works. So whats a girl to do/think? What is your experience? Not just what u have heard, but your own experience with klonopin?
Old 04-24-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've heard benzo withdrawals are different w/different people. I just wish I was 1 of those lucky ones lol. I went through complete hell getting off Klonopin. I was prescribed them for over 10yrs. I have PTSD. I am now learning how to live w/PTSD through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy ( retraining my brain. )
Old 05-04-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry to respond to your thread late, but as a benzo survivor I think you concerns are sound.

Benzos carry a warning in their labeling that they should only be taken short term, like three to four weeks.

But doctors often just write a prescription for three months.

Is the prescribing doctor a psychiatrist or just a physician?

I think many folks can take a benzo with little consequence and stop with little to no withdrawal effects. But there is anecdotal evidence that many struggle to get off low doses after short exposure.

My experience? I was prescribed Klonopin for a decade, ending up on a dosage of 20 milligrams a day, and my cold turkey detox was a nightmare. But I'm an extreme case, for sure.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hopeful

I was prescribed Klonopin after losing a brother and a sister within four months and started having panic attacks. They helped the attacks but I got killer diarrhea (sorry for the mental picture). I had to go off it after a couple of months.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Doctor put my husband on them for a few months, he had no problem coming off. He did however have a hard time remembering things while he was on them.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
🚫Proverbial Pink Elephant

Very addictive.
A psychiatric clinic prescribed me Klonopin and Xanax together.
The detox was brutal.
Medical professionals in recovery told me that benzo detox is
more dangerous then most drugs including heroin.