Notices

Panic attack

Old 02-27-2015, 02:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I had 23 days sober when I posted this. Today will be day 60. I'm still having pretty heavy anxiety and depersonalization on a daily basis but I haven't had a full blown panic attack in a couple weeks. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a lot better because I don't think I could even get to that extreme panic head space now that I've got some sober time in. It's like the ceiling of how bad my anxiety can get has been lowered and as long as I'm sober I can't go back to that place. If that makes sense. Not that I don't have my moments but I've made real progress and that makes me want to stay sober even more so I don't have to do the last 2 months over again. Thanks for all the replies
Old 02-27-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plure View Post
I've had bad panic attacks since quitting alcohol (I had them earlier in life, but they went to a whole new level when I quit boozin'). They can be truly debilitating and we all know what you're going through.

How's your sleep been? For about 2.5 months after stopping, I was getting what they call fatigue sleep...not restful at all. Finally got a sleep aid that helped a lot. Breathing helps with my PAs these days, as does going for a walk. For me the intensity has dropped a bit, but they are not totally gone.

Hang in there!
My sleep is ok just all over the place I guess. Sleep 5 hours here or there. Never 8 in a row it seems