Notices

Vomiting and Anxiety

Old 05-13-2010, 08:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Vomiting and Anxiety

So...I thought I was prego up until about two days ago...

Almost certain of it...one morning I even threw up (which I NEVER do)...so I figured, I had to be...well

I started my AF, so I'm not prego....

I have MAJOR anxiety issues...CONSTANT rock in the gut of my stomach...butterflies having "happy fun time" 24/7.....

Especially now that I made a complete 360 in my relationship with my alcoholic boyfriend...he promised to quit...did for a couple of days...then started hiding it from me...and now thinks he doesn't even have to do that...i swear to god im such a f***ing idiot....

Oh well I guess my major question is "Can you throw up from Anxiety?"...If so..I've probably got a major issue on my hand...

I try SOOOO hard to remain mindful of my emotions, but anxiety finds its way to creep back into my conscious...blinding me all over again...
Old 05-13-2010, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, Emeraldstorm and welcome.

Vomiting from anxiety is known to happen. It has happened to me, but not very often these past years. Itīs important to find a good method of relaxation.

I think it would be a good idea to post as well in Friends and Family of Alchoholics to get support for your relationship issues. My relationships certainly made me throw up from anxiety many times, when I couldnīt control my thoughts.

Have you tried therapy, relaxation and exercise? I find it a good combination.

Keep posting.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have vomited from anxiety before. It's an awful feeling even though it's rare for me personally. Usually I just get extremely nauseas. I think it's your body's way of coping with the extreme stresses.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hugs that's hard, I have vomitted because of anxiety before but not very often. Hope you feel better soon. hugs <3
Old 05-21-2010, 03:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm not up on my acronyms- what's an AF? Sorry you're hurting.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yup you can vomit from anxiety. I don't get that one very often but I am really lucky and get diarehha.... not sure what is worse there.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

When I worked as a musician I always threw up before a show. Depending on how much you are doing it you may need to see a Dr. Health problems can arrise, ranging from minor things like tooth decay to more serious things like throat cancer. If it is a rare occurance you are probably fine.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When I found out my husband of 22 yrs was cheating I threw up from anxiety daily for 6 months, even the meds didn't help, getting out, being active and eating better helped some.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Climbing hills, flying down...

Anxiety can do many things to the body...I've never personally thrown up from anxiety, but I've had panic attacks and nausea, so I think anything is possible. Take care of yourself.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have def thrown up from having anxiety. I think it's my way of trying to rid myself of the anxiety, by expelling it from my body and flushing it down the toilet. Usually the anxiety attack has to be severe for me to go there. Weird Huh?

XO-Beth
Old 06-27-2010, 12:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Anxiety does this to me as well. Although i'm not sick until i'm out of whatever situation I was in. Like I was the announcer for an event recently and I did fine - until I finished. Then I had to go and be sick for a little while.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I have thrown up on occasion from anxiety, but usually it's just extreme constant nausea. I am married to an addict, so I feel your pain, & I understand your situation. Sipping vernors helps me a lot. I wish you the best.