Notices

Seroquel

Old 12-04-2007, 04:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Seroquel

has anyone ever been prescribed Seroquel for ANXIETY? I have a lot of anxiety issues ..... i have panic attacks and such..... been on xanex for about 4 or 5 yrs now, but recently doctor tried to switch me to seroquel.... i took it ONCE ... will NOT take again.... made me feel like I was loosing my mind.... anyone else ever try this??
Old 12-04-2007, 04:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I take it for sleep sometimes, makes me really tired.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i took a 50mg pill and i felt so SLOW and not like myself.... I am a "talker" and when i took it, I didn't want to talk to anyone... and my heart was pounding out of my chest.... it was ridiculous. I also looked up what it was used for and I saw that it was used for schizophrenia and bipolarmania.... I do not have either of those. Perhaps this is why it didn't work for me. i really don't know.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A nurse practitioner gave me some samples of it for withdrawal from alcohol. To help with shakes and anxiety. I think it was 20mg? It did calm me down and helped me sleep. But I never took it regularly.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hooner View Post
A nurse practitioner gave me some samples of it for withdrawal from alcohol. To help with shakes and anxiety. I think it was 20mg? It did calm me down and helped me sleep. But I never took it regularly.
Did it make you feel loopy? or did it just put you to sleep??

Thank you for your input, I am really curious as to what other people thought.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am taking 900 mgs and I am taking it for anxiety also. I was put on it after going thru detox from xanax and alcohol and when I first started taking it I was on 300 mgs and slowly built my dosage up to 900 and in the beginning I felt zoned out all the time but after my body got used to it that zone out feeling went away, I have been taking it for about 3 months and the only side effecy that is bothersome to me is I have gained weight since taking it. Does anyone elso of this problem w/weight gain?
Old 10-04-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was given 300 mg and it was brutal. couldn's speak my wifs took them from me thinking I was abusing them. I was still hight 3 days later after stopping.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hate Seroquel. When I take it all I want to do is eat and sleep. You can gain a lot of weight on Seroquel. Also it can make it so you have no sex drive at all. I don't know why anyone would like it.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I take seroquel 200 mg as a mood stabilizer. Mixed with my other meds it's doing me some good.. Sleeping like a baby

Megan