Notices

wheat allergy/anxiety?

Old 06-10-2007, 03:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

wheat allergy/anxiety?

Anyone have a wheat/dairy allergy and when they eat offending food do you get very anxious and nervous, along with the other symptoms?

My doctor isn't very helpful when I talk to her, am looking for a new one. Just looking for others who might have some of their anxiety issues related to food allergies?

I juts ate some cereal with some canned peaches(don't drink milk) and lo and behold I didn't read the label, their is quite a bit of wheat. I know the tightening in the chest kinda freaks me out, but man it is a weird nervous feeling, like the sky will come falling down.......weird.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know if the allergy can cause anxiety, but I know that the reaction to food allergies can cause a person to get panicked, and so in an indirect way food allergies can cause anxiety.

I have multiple food allergies to foods which are nearly impossible to avoid, particularly in restaraunts. Everytime we go out to eat, unless it's somewhere where I know there is a 'safe' dish, I get a little anxious - and that's before we even start eating. I'm as careful as I possibly can be, but still occassionally get 'sniped' by something like breading or salad dressing, and the resulting illness from the allergy is so yucky that each dish I eat is taking my chances that it's going to turn into one of those yucky experiences.

So the anxiety is naturally born of fear.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Try looking up Celiac disease. It is a gluten allergy type disorder and has a ton of very strange symptoms. I think you can be tested for it, too.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Thumbs up

I just looked up celiac disease......OMG! It makes ense.am going to ask doctor tomorrow!

thanks ccgirl............****{hugs}}}
Old 06-11-2007, 03:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Yes yes and yes.
Celiac disease is rarely tested for but docs can run a specific test for its presence and will at your request!
I dont eat wheat any longer and my anxiety, skin rashes, depression, and weight gain have faded.

Best of luck
Old 06-12-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I went on a gluten free diet for almost a month. You would be surprised how many things have gluten. I got a starter diet that I will try to find for you. It is strict for 2 weeks and then you add one thing a week to it to see how you tolerate it.

If I can find it I'll post it for you.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Thanks MG, and all........

I am so frustrated and in so much pain..so much going wrong. I am really nervous and anxious today.

got a little bit accomplished today at least. Left foot isn't fractured, but is a midfoot spran, doc said to keep a fracture show on the rest of the month, now I have to get to new doc, get another referral for right foot, both hips and back......the recent adition of having severe abdominal pains and nausea and vomiting with weird headaches is about to do me in......My left foot probably hasn't healed because I couldn't use the crutches at first, my right shoulder has a rotator cuff tear.and the crutxhes made it go nuts......
it's probbaly just the pain making me feel so anxious and agitated....that and docs who won't explain anything to you.he also said I had quite a bit if calcium buld up on the outside of my foot, the sprain is on the inside....I don't know what is wrong witrh me.but I swear soem days I am dying, very slowly, and very painfully dying.

Thansk fort he replies you all..****{Hugs}}}