Notices

Wanting To Be Alone!!!!!!

Old 06-14-2007, 03:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ebv

Wanting To Be Alone!!!!!!

I need suggestions please, when I get home from work I just want to be alone, the last few weeks my nephew and his little boy have been staying with me off and on, he has a job close to my house (he lives 75 miles away) I watch his little boy during the day at my coffee shop, (perfect little boy) but I get so depressed when I find out they're coming back, I don't know what to do, I don't even want to go home tonight, I know I shouldn't be this way because they're not doing anything wrong, it's me, my sister (his mom doesn't understand depression and anxiety) I worked at a job for 18 yrs. and got fired because I walked out when I had an attack one night, all she had to say was "well if you hadn't walked out you wouldn't have lost your job" my job knew about my med. problems they even called an ambulance to take me to the emergency room once. any answers please
Old 06-28-2007, 08:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Lost-n-Found

I'm sorry I do not have an answer but I can tell you that for no reason at all i tend to stay away from people that like to hang around me/love me. I know it's this isolation that is feeding my disease and will make me relapse if i don't change my ways. I feel like it's such a heavy burden dealing with folks, like i'd rather die sometimes than socialze. I know I need to change, maybe make myself.
Easier said then done but it is the key to my liberation.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Can you ask your nephew to take his son one evening for a dinner out and maybe some playtime in the park or something? Anything so that one night a week you know you will come home to an empty house and have some 'me' time? For me, alone time is so important that my husband and I instituted what we call "independence night". On those nights, we do whatever we want to do without worrying about the other one. It helped a lot.

It could be that one night a week is all the break you need to feel more on an even keel. It's very difficult for someone accustomed to living alone to suddenly have people living in their house with them all the time. At least it is for me.