SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   1 Liter Vodka bottle (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/92376-1-liter-vodka-bottle.html)

fatclown 04-23-2006 07:15 AM

1 Liter Vodka bottle

I drink Heaven Hill 40% vodka bottle in 2 days. Then I would not drink ANY alcohol for 15 days. When the 15 days pass, I again buy another bottle and drink half one day then half the next. I been doing this for 2 years same brand of Heaven Hill bottle. My question is since I don't drink every day should I worry about my health or keep doing this.

michaelj 04-23-2006 07:50 AM

There are a number of things that trouble me about this post. The first is the use of the term "Fatclown" as a member name. There is a huge array of members names, some impenetrable, some desriptive and others ironic. I can't recall any other name that has so instantly worried me. I don't want to know why you chose the name but if it is supposed to be funny then I fail to get the joke.
If you are cconsuming half a litre of vodka a day for two days then, IMO, you are cconsuming too much alcohol. I can have no idea why you abstain for two weeks and then repeat the process, only you can supply the answer to that. You need to look at your calender and see what it is that drives you to drink in this way.
The answer to your first question is yes. You should worry about why you are binge drinking in this way (you know you should worry or else you wouldn't have sought advice on this site).
The answer to your second question is no. You know that this form of alcohol consumption is irrational and harmful to your health and mental well-being.
Michael

Peter 04-23-2006 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by fatclown
I My question is since I don't drink every day should I worry about my health or keep doing this.

Yes you should be worried about your health and no I do not think you should keep doing that.

Welome to the forum FC,

aasharon90 04-23-2006 08:39 AM

Affects Of Drinking Alcohol

Hi, Im Sharon and Im an Alcoholic.

Glad u r here and thanks for ur share.

I would drink for a few days or so and get drunk with a hangover. No more for me for awhile. Just didnt like woozy feeling i had. All that spinning in my head. Then after that episode wore off then off to the store i went to get something GOOD TO DRINK...Maybe i will find something good to watch on tv tonight, snuggle up in my favorite chair had pour me a beautiful glass of dark red wine. Hmmm yum. One drink, 2, 3, 4, 5, ok, its not late yet. A Few more....ok everyone is asleep so i think i will run across the street and visit my neighbor. How Exciting and Daring that was. Sneak in, no one disturbed and im numb as can be. Off to bed the, fall in. Whew....Made it thru that one and repeat the same thing for awhile. Then get sick and NO MORE. And the cycle continues on till i end up in rehab after my family did an intervention on me back in Aug.90.

Drinking numbed my feelings, thoughts, view of myself and others around me. Everything was Distorted in my mind. When i got sober and the fog cleared and the layers of peeling slowly fell off me, i began to see the damage and distruction Alcohol had played in my life.

During my drinking career i drank, sober up, drank sober up and on and on. It was taking its toll on me physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. I could see the puffiness from weight gain. My eating habits werent the same as i drank more to achieve the feelings i wanted. Drinking caused arguements, fears, selfishness, selfloathing and everything else.

Then my actions and behavior spoke volumns. Drinking drunk...staying out late, getting into a horrble accident and finally trying to end my miserable life.

Alcohol affected every aspect of my life untill the day i entered rehab and had the DESIRE to stop drinking. I was sick and tired, beaten down so low that i had no where else to go or anyone else to turn to. Rehab for 28 days set me on the path of a new beginning. A life without alcohol. The tools to guide me and lead me to a more rewarding way of life.

There r ups and downs in recovery and people say that its the same in normal life. Learning to accept people places and things as they are suppose to be. To believe in a Power Greater than urself to help u stay sober. There are many wonderful helpful tools here in recovery to help u live a better way of life. For me to drink is to die. I was almost there and now i dont think i have it in me to go back thru it again. Hearing how people return out there drinking and come back in to say that its not better and nothing has changed, just confirms that im in a much better place today than any of those old drinking days back then.

Look at ur cavings and obsessions when u drink and stop. Are the cravings and obsessions stronger than before?

Thanks for letting me share.

CarolD 04-23-2006 08:41 AM

Hi FC.....Welcome!....:)

Yes and No.

NoMoBeer 04-23-2006 10:31 AM

I drink Heaven Hill 40% vodka bottle in 2 days. Then I would not drink ANY alcohol for 15 days. When the 15 days pass, I again buy another bottle and drink half one day then half the next. I been doing this for 2 years same brand of Heaven Hill bottle. My question is since I don't drink every day should I worry about my health or keep doing this.

What do you think? I think if you have to ask, you know the answer....

fritolay 04-23-2006 01:09 PM

So, you're a binge drinker. You binge drink about 4 days per month. That alone should signal a problem. Binge drinking can have adverse health consequences that you wouldn't otherwise experience if you spread that bottle over the entire 2 weeks. There are many non-alcoholics who drink as much or more alcohol than you, but that doesn't mean you don't have a problem. I think the fact that you are measuring your drinks and have a routine and a system in place for your drinking is a sure sign that it is a problem for you. If I were to ask any of my sober friends what and how they drank during the past month, none of them would be able to tell me with any degree of confidence as you have. Most people don't think in terms of how many bottles in how many days and you must do it every 15 days--that's your mind rationalizing the behavior.

But, let's be honest. If your drinking never got any worse than it is now, it is unlikely you will experience any major health crisis as a result. The binging does increase your chances of acute gastritis and other associated illness that follows nights of heaving binging, however. What are the chances that your drinking won't progress, though? It's anyone's guess, but I would bet that it will, since you already show signs of having a problem.

Try this. Skip one cycle of the vodka, and see how you feel. If you feel terrible, your body is addicted to the routine. Try replacing a bottle of vodka over the course of 2 days with one beer with a friend at a restaurant. Does your body recognize that as a drastic change in routine, and will that upset your chemistry? If it does, you're on the road to alcoholism.

Irish Virus 04-23-2006 07:23 PM

I drink Heaven Hill 40% vodka bottle in 2 days...should I worry about my health or keep doing this.

Absolutely you should worry about this. Respect the bottle. Even though that bottle might last two days now, down the road that quantity will stop doing the trick for you and the frequency and quantity will continue. If you can't keep the amount of alcohol you intake to a couple of drinks every once in awhile, then you are playing with fire.

Only you can decide if you are an alcoholic or not. From what you have wrote,
I doubt that you are but might be headed down the road.

inlandza 04-24-2006 04:27 AM

My small opion is this and i've heard many oldtimers say this and found it to be true...
Its not how much you drink, its not how often you drink,Its what happens to you when you drink,

Some people are lucky and can grink that amount and are not affected phisicaly or mentaly for that matter. And are lucky to remember everthing the next day but there are to those of us how are the oposite and not so lucky and for us we need help like AA or somesort of program.