Notices

longest night

Old 08-14-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

longest night

Today Starts Day 2 Spirit last night vomiting cold sweats and Nightmares taking it one minute one hour one day at a time getting ready for work thank everyone for all their help and care and concern I knew it wasn't going to be easy felt like I got ran over by a truck but off to work it has been the easiest part to not drink cuz I can concentrate on one thing little worried about when I get off I have to pass the liquor store on the way home but I can do this right I hope you all have a good day and a good week thank you for your care and concern and your thoughts
Old 08-14-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Be determined to walk/ drive straight past that liquor store. You don't want to have a replay of last night later on down the road I'm sure. That was your body telling you what it thinks of alcohol. Yuk!
Old 08-14-2017, 04:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done you can do this
Old 08-14-2017, 04:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm going through similar withdrawals Griffey. You're not alone.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
under new management

Maybe you could take a different route home? One that doesn't take you by a liquor store.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Old 08-14-2017, 06:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on Day 2 griffey. If the WD symptoms get too bad, don't be afraid to reach out for medical help. Better to be safe than sorry.

Regarding the day, my best advice is to plan ahead to avoid the normal routines you used to follow. Taking a different route home from work is a good idea, you could make plans to do something different as well. You could take a walk, make some good food, heck - even go to a recovery meeting. Or spend some time here. Either way - don't let yourself have too much "idle" time - because once your mind starts to wander, your addiction starts chattering.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well I made it took a different route home been here on SR reading trying to keep my mind off of it still have the shakes cramps and a horrible headache but Day 2 is coming to an end hope to actually be able to sleep tonight and that it is not another repeat of last night tomorrow is another day pushing on day 3 I will not and cannot give up this time and give in now I want to thank you all for your kind words and support and suggestions I hope you all had a good day as well
Old 08-14-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad to hear you made it through the day Griffey! The first ones are very difficult, so take it easy on yourself. Don't be afraid to ask for help either here or in person. You don't have to go through this alone.