Notices

This is going to get bad quik

Old 04-25-2017, 01:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is going to get bad quik

So here i am, I made the huge mistake (again) of going on a binge where I start to drink from the morning all through the night. I want to stop but at this level iys so east to just keep going. I don't want to miss work, I already missed one day because of this freaking binge, and I'm tempted to call in again. I don't know what the heck is wrong with me, and this is really affecting my family..
Old 04-25-2017, 01:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've been there. Lost a few jobs from binges myself. You sound like an alcoholic, and if you are admitting it is the first step. If I can get sober and stay sober anyone can do it.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm not sure I understand...are you actually drinking now or thinking about it? You just received a wealth of suggestions in your other thread about how to go about stopping, not sure if you are asking a different question or not?
Old 04-25-2017, 01:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes I do appreciate all the information I have received thus far, I'm not drinking right now, I'm actually recovering from a binge I went through, but I'm just afraid that I might just carry on, and this is where I'm at right now, I just feel like I have to communicate this, because if do drink it will be bad, and just feels good talking about it
Old 04-25-2017, 01:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm saying bad quik if I were to continue drinking..
Old 04-25-2017, 01:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JudicatorPanzer View Post
I've been there. Lost a few jobs from binges myself. You sound like an alcoholic, and if you are admitting it is the first step. If I can get sober and stay sober anyone can do it.
Alcoholic? No doubt about it.I'm hoping this is my final stretch, there is no way I could continue like this..
Old 04-25-2017, 02:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know it would be easy to continue drinking but like you said things will get bad if you do.

If you keep recovering from the binge instead of adding to it you can avoid a lot of bad consequences.

I have been there tons of times and finally got tired of it.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for reply, yeah trying my best, I've done this before numerous times where I stop drinking and I could do this again, I just can't believe that I always have to have this battle with it, literally it's a bloodbath some times, haha! But in seriousness I want to stop for good, that's why I'm here
Old 04-25-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you are here Mtphc. Do you know if there are any support groups or meetings nearby? That might not be a bad idea today too.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yes that is the logical thing to do, but I just feel too lethargic to do anything today, still not recovered. For now my main focus is to stay away from alcohol.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Haha! Don't know why I put "quik" meant to put quick, must of been thinking about that beverage, ha!
Old 04-25-2017, 04:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

we know what you meant! Hope you feel better soon and find a meeting when your ready to get out of the house. Those first few days are rough but then you got to get moving. Getting outside will help you feel better.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Being Sober is Awesome

Have you ever been to a meeting?
Old 04-25-2017, 05:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by Mtphc View Post
Yes that is the logical thing to do, but I just feel too lethargic to do anything today, still not recovered. For now my main focus is to stay away from alcohol.
Got to watch out for "yes but" and "I know", the two most common word combinations for the serial relapser.

My last binge (4 days) finished sometime on a saturday night. Sunday night I was at a meeting. Never drank again. I was willing to do ANYTHING to stop the misery. No yes buts, no preconcieved ideas.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

There's a better life on the other side. It's called sobriety. There's only one way to get it and that's to stop drinking. Ask anyone here, it's worth every ounce of energy you put into it. It pays 100 times what you put into it.
I hope you develop a plan, join a support group, find faith and stick to it.
I'm glad you're here. Take it one day at a time.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:53 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
Got to watch out for "yes but" and "I know", the two most common word combinations for the serial relapser.

My last binge (4 days) finished sometime on a saturday night. Sunday night I was at a meeting. Never drank again. I was willing to do ANYTHING to stop the misery. No yes buts, no preconcieved ideas.
The worse part about all this is having to go through withdrawal. It sucks, it's painful and totally miserable, and it's all my fault for allowing alcohol to do this to me.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

..this is really exhausting putting so much effort to stay sober, I know it gets better and there is a payoff so-to-speak, bUT man its tough in the beginning. Just have to keep my head up, and forget this whole drinking thing.

It just sucks that I crave this subtance, I want to be free from this and just get my life back
Old 04-25-2017, 07:22 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I drink too much. It is affecting my life,. my family. You do know what is wrong- it starts with drinking. Get up and try again, see your doc, go to meetings, post here. Support to you. DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOURSELF.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Mtphc View Post
It just sucks that I crave this subtance, I want to be free from this and just get my life back
You can be free. Keep reading and learning. Hitting a meeting has been suggested many times too, consider that as well. Being around others who are in the same situation can really help.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:32 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks Phoenix, yeah I know. The bad part is that it's an addiction, and I hate saying it but it's true, yes I need to go back to meetings, and just talk about it. I hate to be redundant but I can't help it..