Notices

What is the worst period after stopping

Old 04-20-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What is the worst period after stopping

Whats the worst period after stopping. I'm talking withdrawl effects. I just hit two weeks. Better than I was. But atleast once a day I get light headed fast pulsed. Anxiety syptoms. I need to go on interviews soon and am worried there will be a flare up. Is the worst period the first month
Old 04-20-2017, 07:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It's really hard to say Hulk, congrats on 2 weeks. Acute withdrawal usually lasts a week or more, but everyone is different. Anxiety can cause physical symptoms too. Your best bet would be to speak with your doctor or a counselor if the symptoms worry you.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

For me, insomnia was the worst part. The first week was the worst and gradually got better. Now sober 52 days and am sleeping great. In fact I am really enjoying sleeping. I know what I used to think was sleep was in fact "passing out". Big difference in quality!
Old 04-20-2017, 08:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hear u Carlito, I pretty much passed out everynight for about three years. Wondering if im atleast out of the worst of it
Old 04-20-2017, 08:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Being Sober is Awesome

Originally Posted by Hulkamaniackd View Post
Whats the worst period after stopping. I'm talking withdrawl effects. I just hit two weeks. Better than I was. But atleast once a day I get light headed fast pulsed. Anxiety syptoms. I need to go on interviews soon and am worried there will be a flare up. Is the worst period the first month

If it keeps up maybe see a dr. Its weird. I drank to combat anxiety and depression but all that was doing was adding to it and temporarily masking it. I am now on a low dose anti anxiety/depression meds and feel leveled.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Just a nerd

It's not uncommon for other things to be playing into those symptoms, OP (caffeine and nicotine use, nutritional imbalances, blood sugar problems, and many others).

Some people seem to blame every problem on withdrawal, but it helps to remember that alcohol will only ever make those problems you already had worse than they were in the beginning, even if you're just now finding out that you've been masking an anxiety problem.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SteveAlex View Post
If it keeps up maybe see a dr. Its weird. I drank to combat anxiety and depression but all that was doing was adding to it and temporarily masking it. I am now on a low dose anti anxiety/depression meds and feel leveled.
Yes Idk if its anxiety, it checks the boxes for it. I didnt have it before I became a problem drinker. Itll come randomly when im not stressed, also if im exercising. I gained a ton of weight from boozing, so idk if its that. Breathing exercises help. I'm not insured at the moment so thats been my best option
Old 04-20-2017, 11:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

at almost 4 months sober now, its hard to distinguish PAWS and generally feeling like crap . i am quite sure the initial days with the insomnia and paranoia were harder. however, its the brain-fog, aches and pains a few months in that make you question your plan.

alcohol won't fix anything, thats for sure.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was pretty ill for the first 30 days to be honest, but things got a lot better after that.

I hope your next two weeks will be a lot better Hulk

D
Old 04-21-2017, 02:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yea have to be patient in the adjustment period of the body changing. Anybody else get some acne after stopping
Old 04-21-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I will be 6 months sober on Monday and I will say that this last week was my best so far.

With me it comes in cycles - I will feel awful for a few days, then feel good for several days. But as time goes on the awful days are not as awful and the good days get better and better.

I am also able to cope better with the awful days because I know that things will get better.

I have found lately that if I eat too much sugar I feel like crap - my next step is to lose some weight, start eating a healthier diet and exercising.