Notices

I'm about to Withdraw

Old 01-15-2017, 11:35 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Also I would try to clarify some sort of understandable mental state but what I'm beginning to realize is that during profound alcohol withdrawal you actually lose that completely. My mind is just racing and spinning and hallucinating, like I just took acid and hopped a NOS powered merry go round.

Yep.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:51 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

And things go back and forth.

I'm shivering. I can't stop. I'm going to lay down. I hate this. Goodnight.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:53 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xStargazer View Post
Also I would try to clarify some sort of understandable mental state but what I'm beginning to realize is that during profound alcohol withdrawal you actually lose that completely. My mind is just racing and spinning and hallucinating, like I just took acid and hopped a NOS powered merry go round.

Yep.
I would at the very least advise trying to drink water. It will help a lot.

As for losing my mind, not this time, I haven't been drinking as heavy or binging as bad as when I quit for a month last year. That was complete hell. Lost my mind and couldn't sleep for 5 days straight. But last year I wasn't eating as much or drinking as much water.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:54 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xStargazer View Post
I won't let myself die I promise you.
Gosh, Stargazer, you can not promise something you do not have control over.
Please call for assistance, I was so messed up when I was withdrawing and had an awful turn.
I am wishing you all the best and the safest withdrawal possible. Safety first. x
Old 01-16-2017, 12:20 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Star, you're going through some tough DT's. These are very dangerous. I would go get medical attention if I had them. This is from WebMD:

Alcohol withdrawal syndrome is a potentially life-threatening condition that can occur in people who have been drinking heavily for weeks, months, or years and then either stop or significantly reduce their alcohol consumption.

Alcohol withdrawal symptoms can begin as early as two hours after the last drink, persist for weeks, and range from mild anxiety and shakiness to severe complications, such as seizures and delirium tremens (also called DTs). The death rate from DTs -- which are characterized by confusion, rapid heartbeat, and fever -- is estimated to range from 1% to 5%.

Because alcohol withdrawal symptoms can rapidly worsen, it's important to seek medical attention even if symptoms are seemingly mild. Appropriate alcohol withdrawal treatments can reduce the risk of developing withdrawal seizures or DTs.

It's especially important to see a doctor if you've experienced previous alcohol withdrawal episodes or if you have other health conditions such as infections, heart disease, lung disease, or a history of seizures.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:30 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

It sounds like you need to get to a hospital as soon as possible. Praying for a safe recovery. 🙏🏼
Old 01-16-2017, 01:20 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lets not defer to Dr Google too much tho guys.

Normal withdrawal can have all these symptoms.
We don't want to freak someone out by throwing the word 'DT' around.

All that being said, I really hope you will see someone, xstargazer

D
Old 01-16-2017, 01:21 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Delani View Post
It sounds like you need to get to a hospital as soon as possible. Praying for a safe recovery. 🙏🏼
welcome to SR Delani

D
Old 01-16-2017, 01:51 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Could you at least have someone come over so you are not alone?
Old 01-16-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

You need medical care.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:28 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Praying that we will hear from you soon, xStargazer.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:08 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I feel for ya man, it sounds like your in the eye of the storm. Its been said before but I'll say it again...you never have to go through this again. Alcoholism sucks dude. It just does.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:06 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I feel for ya man, it sounds like your in the eye of the storm. Its been said before but I'll say it again...you never have to go through this again. Alcoholism sucks dude. It just does.
Amen to that!

Hope you're doing well StarGazer. You have lots of people cheering for you, even if you can't hear or see us.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:50 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Holy Eff.

That is all I have been saying to myself since I "Woke Up" but like the real thing. I was basically paralyzed for however long just now and my mind died.

Holy Eff yesterday was an utter nightmare. And it's not over.

I'm never going through this again, this is ridiculous.

I can't stop holding my eyes really wide open like everything is surprising.

Still haven't eaten, barely drank fluids cuz I couldn't move too much.

So what I'm going to point out to anyone who chooses to withdraw at home, and this is likely the most crucial thing I'm going to say, all of these people are right. Medical care would have been great for the worst of it.

Because you cannot move
Edited to let you know you can still twitch and shiver though if that's you're thing. Lots of that.
Anyways...
And cannot think.

When I finally came out of paralysis I crawled to the tub. That is where I am right now. In a bathtub with an iPad.

Other thing I've learned should you choose to withdraw at home... Get to a bathtub, and just put in enough water to thermoregulate.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:54 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

that's dangerous alcohol withdrawal is deadly depending how bad your drinking is. be safe! hope all works out for you
Old 01-16-2017, 10:57 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

... Accident please delete
Old 01-16-2017, 11:04 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Have you let anyone locally know what's going on Stargazer? Please do if you haven't. Unfortunately the worst may be yet to come, the severe symptoms of withdrawal can start 2 or 3 days into the process. And since you were still drinking yesterday morning, you are technically just coming up on 24 hours without alcohol in your bloodstream. Your sharing is appreciated but you still have time to do this right. No one wants to see anything bad happen to you.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:07 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Yeah I let someone know. I have a roommate watching the office just outside the bathroom door. All I do is yell.

Which I've been considering.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:10 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I just had a moment where I realized I'm not drinking, and it actually filled me with joy though.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:12 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

You need fluids. If you are not drinking water or juices you need to get on an IV at the hospital. I know the bathtub feels good but that is not the place to be especially unsupervised. Please call for help.