Notices

8 months.

Old 08-24-2016, 11:37 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

You could be blessed, content, fulfilled. Mrs. Fulfilled to you! How funny!
Old 08-24-2016, 11:42 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

TheVman good to hear, I guess then you are making good on your promise to yourself to have a sober 40 th?

Talkinandwalkin... If it were a name based on how I feel it would be.... Sleepie lol
Old 08-25-2016, 12:04 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Mr

[QUOTE=sleepie;6107087]TheVman good to hear, I guess then you are making good on your promise to yourself to have a sober 40 th?

Yep sober 40th birthday and started a new decade sober
I hope you get some sleep tonight
Take care.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:24 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

That's great.

nope not unless I take an over the counter sleep aid but I'm not. So oh well. I am going to read up on a few diet/anxiety things.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:55 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Sleepie, love the new avi...that's Divine, right? I'm a big fan of John Waters and his films.

Hope you can get some much needed rest.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

It sure is FBL, did you see the documentary on a Divine on Netflix? It's pretty great.

Thanks, I expect I'll sleep soonish.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Sleepie, I haven't seen that documentary, but I know the history of many of Waters's band of colorful misfits.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:24 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Trying to Enjoy Life Now

That's awesome Sleepie!
Old 08-25-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thanks otter

It's called "I am Divine" FBL
Old 08-25-2016, 07:55 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

You know, a friend made me realize today that another good reason not to drink is, it makes me lose my edge.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:18 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Trying to Enjoy Life Now

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Thanks otter
Thank you!

It's an inspiration to both myself and many others to watch someone pull themselves up like you've done and grow into a new person. I remember you were experiencing some pretty difficult times in very early sobriety with anxiety and sobriety in general. How is that treating you at this point?

Keep on keepin' on my sista!
Old 08-26-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Well I am pretty much the same otter, I'm surprised you think I pulled myself up. I'm very anxious and lately I have barely gotten out of bed. I'm over 8 months in and still it's a grudge match. I'm just collecting time and seeing what will happen. I was starting to sleep properly but when things are stressful or something upsets me I get the insomnia back which I currently have again. Anyway, I drank a lot and for a very long time so it will probably take me longer to get back to my original state of depression and anxiety instead of this heightened one. Goals.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Someone picks me up for coffee, they have a surprise for me they say. Close my eyes and a couple xanax in my hand. If it weren't for kindling I'd take it. I haven't slept right for over 8 months. Oh well. I'm sure I'll regret this honesty.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Someone picks me up for coffee, they have a surprise for me they say. Close my eyes and a couple xanax in my hand. If it weren't for kindling I'd take it. I haven't slept right for over 8 months. Oh well. I'm sure I'll regret this honesty.
Why would you regret being honest? You did the right thing. I'd say skip coffee with this person nest time too, sounds like someone you don't need in your life.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

I'm glad you didn't take them, Sleepie. Good for you!
Old 08-26-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sleepie, I somehow missed this thread. You are victorious.
I wish you could get back to a decent sleep pattern though.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Do your best

A friend wouldn't do that Sleepie x
Old 08-26-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

He's not responsible for my sobriety, I am. If it's ok for my bf to drink around me I see no difference between that and anyone else doing their thing or even offering it to me. Besides, if I want to use I know what to do, it's easy. And the candy shop is open because he's not the only route to these things. It's always there.

For two this person actually is a good friend. He's just screwed up, like most people... Just a little more openly. He doesn't know or understand that quitting means quit, because both of us have " quit" so many times before. Who could blame him? We all know how that little Merry go Round happens, and it does.

Anyway, nah I didn't take anything.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Look sleepie, after reading hundreds of your posts over many years, you don't seem to have any interest in changing anything, probably cause there is nothing to change and good for you. How many people on SR can say that so you are one of the lucky ones!!!! IMO, to be able to complain about the little things in life, yet live a pretty comfortable life is a pretty good deal. I'm not dismissing the problems you have and the therapy you won't consider would be helpful, but you do have it pretty good compared to others. I've know wealthy people who's lives are miserable, but it's usually because of their own doing. There's many people who would trade their lives for yours to have a chance to make things better. People with no homes, no food, no support; fending for themselves. The world is full of people like this and they don't have SR to talk about this. Those are the people I feel for. Those are the people that are truly suffering. Like you, I can live in a decent apartment and pay all my expenses I eat well, go to the gym, have AC, manage to find ways to enjoy life. All this, while driving by homeless people pushing shopping carts going nowhere. Those are the people really suffering, not you or me. Like you, I know I have a place to stay and food to eat and my bills will be paid. For me, I'd have a really hard time complaining about my situation. BTW, unlike many, you clearly have friends and family to hang out with. Many people, including myself don't have that. I don't think you understand what being alone really feels like. C'mon sleepie, you don't take the hundreds of advice to change things cause there is nothing to change. Your satisfied with the way things are and good for you. Many people would like to be in your shoes. Your constantly bringing up past abuse or current problems is just a way to draw attention to yourself. Everybody has been abused (many much worse than yours), and everybody has current problems. Who know what that homeless person has gone through. Who knows what that drug addict sitting behind a grocery story has gone through. All they have to look forward is a dead end life, something you or I don't have to contend with. Those people that wake up behind a store and keep going are the strong ones, not us. Those are the one's that deserve sympathy and support. We are the lucky ones. To feel sorry for myself is doing a deservice to the pain and suffering others have to endure. My life isn't about me, it's about them. John
Old 08-27-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Come to think of it Sleepie, have you considered volunteering to work with homeless people, etc.? It just might help you get a better perspective on your own situation and help others along the way. John