Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Cow's "No More Bullcrap" Summer Shape Up for Sick, Sadsack Weaklings

Notices

Cow's "No More Bullcrap" Summer Shape Up for Sick, Sadsack Weaklings

Old 06-17-2016, 08:23 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

I mostly has to be keto, cuz of seizure disorder. So... I guess ...this mean WAR!!

No really. I just trying to stir some entertaining "Real Drunklives of SR" drama for the boards.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:37 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Tonight also walked 2.5 miles then a break for dinner then 2.5 back home.

Now for some more OITNB Season 4!
Old 06-17-2016, 08:58 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi Cow, is keto like the Atkins diet?
Old 06-17-2016, 09:10 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Oh look, it Croutie!

Keto is mostly fat, some proteins, little carb. Lot of people feel great on this, but I not feel so good on it, cuz I not digest well, cuz of intestinal issues and such. And plus also, my body total use to "running" on alcohols, so it all very complex for me, but keto does help contol seizure and most of time that main priority.

Good for you Sleepies!
Old 06-17-2016, 10:00 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Tonight also walked 2.5 miles then a break for dinner then 2.5 back home.

Now for some more OITNB Season 4!
This is fantastic, Sleeps! Hmmm, I've never heard of "Peepshow" (the TV show, that is. I've had some creepy neighbors however. lol!)

Cow, Keto sounds like a delicious diet in some ways, but don't you miss bread? (As I've mentioned before, I live on croissants myself.)

D.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:47 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Dolfin, my favorite foods is carbs, especial, bread and pasta and pizza and Asian noodles! So keto is very depriving diet for me. And since I has had ..well.. every single eating disorder that ever exist, it especial hard for me to restrict eating. But is what it is. I has to find way to accept that for my health concerns and because of addictions, I must accept that food, for me, must be about nutrition, and not pleasure. But I not has find way to do that yet.

How is you going?
Old 06-17-2016, 11:12 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi Delfin

That long walk did very little for my anxiety though.

And Cow I must use these black lentils, they have been sitting here neglected.

I am big on stress eating. Always a big problem for me.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:13 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

And hey Delf, did you do anything for your B-day last week?
Old 06-18-2016, 12:16 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I'm in. Have been sitting like a lump of lard on the couch for 6 months doing head miles, nothing more. Actually, I lie on the couch just like you sleepie. My flat is a tip. Yuk, spilled ash trays, coffee cups, lolly wrappers, grim.

Today I joined a choir because singing is good for depression. If I don't like it does it still count because I tried? Will you call bullcrap on me?

Also took a whole lot of crap out to the street for Council Clean Up Day, so that's a done deal. No bullcrap.

I only weigh 39kgs so have to pack on the pounds so diet is a must. Please, no-one is to say to me, "you can have a few pounds of mine if you like, haha", because then I'll cry bullcrap.

Have you got to do it before you say it, or does intention count? No, I reckon it's gotta be done otherwise I'll procrastinate and con myself I'm doing good and I won't be doing anything.

Am practicing "Old Man River" this very moment getting ready for choir experience. No bullcrap.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:18 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hey sleepie, they're are serious miles you have been doing. Far out Brussel Sprout.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:30 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hey Steely! hah, well.. that was just a spur of the moment walk. probably won't be habit. But just whatever I can do each day I suppose.
Old 06-18-2016, 01:21 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

It's still not bullcrap though. No call.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:09 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Weight has always been an issue with me, ever since I was a born (literally, I weighed nearly 10 pounds at birth)! I used to run a bit when I was younger, but my 50 year-old body won't put up with that, so I try to walk a few miles every day. It's tough when it gets so hot and humid, but I just try to sweat it out. I'm still overweight as I like to eat too many sweets, but the doc says my cardio is good and that's what matters most I guess.

As for getting outside my comfort zone, my doctor ordered my first colonoscopy back in late February. I finally broke down and scheduled it for July 13th. Let's just say I'm NOT looking forward to that day
Old 06-18-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

But you did it FormerBeerLover. No bullcrap.
Old 06-18-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

sleepie, i know exactly what you need: Tai Chi. The ultimate low impact workout.

I need to get back to working out. Got about 20-30 extra pounds I don't need. There's just too much I need to do right now. But I always feel better after a long walk.
Old 06-18-2016, 05:29 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
But you did it FormerBeerLover. No bullcrap.
Thanks!

Maybe no bullcrap, but there will be plenty of "other" crap to deal with (literally!)
Old 06-18-2016, 06:44 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
zjw

thats awesome on the walking sleepie!!!

yeah cow I did a low carb diet initially to loose weight and it was effective just eliminating the junk from my diet helped me to feel better. I felt great even I thought. But I was unable to run hills and was very tired each day after I ran. I just assumed that was normal since I had ran i should be tired etc.. But I went to the doc for blood work and had super high cholesterol 366! I went vegan the first week id id the whole beans rice veggie thing and I enjoyed fruit but ate it in civil portions. I noticed right off the bat I had more energy and could run hills !! but I didnt wanna live on just beans and rice and I found fruit pretty yummy so i researched just eating fruit and was delighted with what i found so by the second week i was eating 80lbs of banananas a week and whatever other fresh fruit i could get my hands on. Smashing in massive amounts of carbs from whole foots my running took off even more. 3 months later i got blood work again and my cholesterol was down to 160. My energy levels where great i was no longer wiped out after a run lazy maybe but not wiped out lol.

I tried calorie restriction a few times lol that was laughable i'd 'make it a day or 2 on 1200 caloires and forget it i couldnt stant it far to hungry. I like to eat too much.

I dont beieve in the whole calorie in calorie out model. I dont think every calorie is the same. IE twinkie calories are probably a lot different then banana calories etc...

But I love some diet war drama HAHAHHAA but I dont like to participate in it too much i've seen it get prety heated lol.

I dunno much about your seizure issue so dunno. but I always think if someone ate nothing but whole fruits vegan foods low in fat high in carbs and whole foods for 30 days and ate in abundance they'd loose weight and feel great. Its just very difficult to stick too i guess. I dunno.

I've done this crazy diet for over 3 years now. I'm not sure that i'll ever go back to eating meat and junk food again.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
zjw

ONe good documentary is "may i be frank" I think i've mentioned it before on this board. Its a good watch and I think was available free on hulu at one point. Bu tthe gist of it the guy has drinking / drugging problems turns his life around not just by going vegan but a full spiritual makeover as well etc.. its the whole picture view I felt anyhow.

now in the end I dont think he's some die hard vegan or something I think he still eats some chicken now adn then and so on but he really does do his body some good.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:33 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Old 06-18-2016, 12:13 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

z, I has research nutrition for 30 year trying to help self with seizure disorder and other health afflictions. I try every diet and back again. I pretty much coming to believe is too much variable within individuals to say what is best diet, but, in general, whether it plant or animal, just eat real food. We still needs some drama though, so I gonna ask, why you think higher metabolism better? Usual things with higher metabolism live shorter life. I mean, look at turtles, they live forever.

Sleepies, is you ever try gelatin? I using it to help cut back on my benzo. It have lot of glycine which very calming. I put 1 teaspoon in hot water at night and it put near knock me out. (Must be said, I canary in coalmine and most people use tablespoon or more) ...and plus also why does technological advance country like US still measure in TSP and TBL?!?!

Gelatin for Anxiety, Sleep and Appetite Suppression | Primal Docs