Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Cow's "No More Bullcrap" Summer Shape Up for Sick, Sadsack Weaklings

Notices

Cow's "No More Bullcrap" Summer Shape Up for Sick, Sadsack Weaklings

Old 06-17-2016, 08:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am going for a walk/jog after work today and I am glad you started this thread. It helps to have a group of people motivate me. Thank you!!
Old 06-17-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
zjw

i know for me if i'm feeling antsy, anxious, angry, frustrated, depressed, cold a simple walk or some sittups pushups or stretches all help. tho a simple walk is usually a good fix. and in my case theres no cure for any of the above conditions they come and go and as they do i try and do something about it. so when it happens again its not that the walk isnt helping its that i might need another one or something.

i know in early sobriety i must have looked like a wack job walking multipe itmes a day at odd hours rain, snow, shine etc... I was going nuts in my head but at the same time it was helping and i melted away out on those roads .
Old 06-17-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
zjw

its funny just prior to cow starting this thread i had a no more bull crap moment. as some of you know i've battled various injuries for months and its been really depressing me. The other day i guess i got mad enough? I dunno I decided to take this one supplment that can sometimes help me not feel depressed I'm not sure if it helped i think it did tho. and I had enough is enough moment. Licked my wounds and said EFF this and started pounding out the miles running like i was doing before my miseries. My attitude started to change My aches are pains are all easeing up and i'm logging the milage like i was and i'm getting back up to speed.

so there is something to the old "enough of this bull crap" and just going out mad if you have to to jsut get it done so that you can start to feel good about yourself again etc..

i've actually had a string of almost 4 good days in a row now as a result ::knock on wood:: ::looks over shoulder::.

now back to finsihing my 10 banana pineapple and chocolate smoothie
Old 06-17-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
zjw

oh yeah theres like 8 dates in the smoothie too gotta sweeten it up as much as possible. I'm a carboholic these days
Old 06-17-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Delf good luck in the dating pool!

I did 100 "wall"push ups as soon as I got up today.... at 1:00 in the afternoon.

So anyway I really need to tone my arms. I would love to be really physically active, I actually prefer it. But, my life being as it is of course there is a rather major caveat to that. I have an eye condition that could cause my retinas to detach because they are so thin because of my high myopia I was yesterday told by my eye surgeon's office no jumping rope or jumping jacks. So yeah... healthy exercise could make me blind. I can walk now that I am finally in a safer neighborhood. But I prefer the cardio from my stepper. It is annoying not being able to do a real work out.

The whole thing is nerve wracking and makes my anxiety 100 times worse.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
zjw

sleepie do you think you could use a rowing machine maybe? I know i use one when i'm licking my running wounds and can get a pretty decent work out all over my only complaint with it is I do struggle to get my HR to levels ic an easily achieve by running. But it is low impact works the arms abs legs lower back etc...

I started off on an elipitical but my fat butt at the time broke it lol. I coudlnt say how good or bad it is to be honest I only used it for a month before it died.

then theres race walking lol youtube that. Very interesting. Sorry kinda funny looking too but i bet they are getting a good cardio work out.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
zjw

keep doing the wall pushups too. I wanna hear how your BF is mad that there is hand print stains on the walls and you can reply thats right theres handprint stains on the wall cause i'm awesome thats why

lke when my wife walks into my office where the treadmill is and wines about the sweat smell and how we need to shampoo the carpets and i'm like yeah thats the smell of how awesome i am lol.

some problems are good to have.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi zjw well I do my wall push ups actually on the door... door push ups? I walked a little today, not a lot but still, was not in bed all day.

As far as the rowing, I guess anything that can cause pressure on the eyes, or anything that might jerk my head at all or be to high impact is out? I am not entirely sure as there are no hard and fast lines just a lot of possibilities, I mean I don't even want to take one single chance with my vision. So I am really hyper aware of anything that might cause too much back and forth motion, or cause any kind of strain on the eyes... but I might have a detachment even if I don't do anything, or sneeze, or we tale off to fast in the car, or I cough (I was terrified when I had a virus twice last fall and could not stop coughing).

Basically this hangs over my head and has for many, many years and was the cause of me first starting to drink way back when.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
Nice to see you, Cow. I ate a fig.

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Are you cautious of figs courage? Is this out of your comfort zone?
Thank you both that made my morning.

I'd like to sign up I started to ride my bike yesterday but today I am already to give up.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi aussie! I adore biking omg it lights up my life. What is the matter? Let's try and make this a good thing for you?

Would love for someone to get the kind of happy from a bike that I have experienced.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
orangutan

I do enjoy it but today I am stiff and the lazy me is winning out. I use to ride a lot , I don't know what happened I just got lazy and haven't had the bike out for a long time.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Oh ok. Maybe every other day? Are you a really fast rider? I just do joy riding basically.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
orangutan

Not any more , I use to go at a good pace but I have put on a lot of weight , so it's just cruising now.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

That is the way to be, aussie. Enjoy the ride, take it every other day or even 3 times a week. No need to go crazy!

It is ok to pace yourself you know?

I started my tiny amount of exercise and I will worry about weight later. Adjusting to one thing at a time.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
orangutan

You are right there sleepie I will be staying away from those scales.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
zjw

yep one thing at a time sleepie keep it simple if it aint simple you wont wanna do it. thats what i found. Even when i progressed to running i thought nope if i dont keept his simple i'll give up. And its funny lots of people think i run to burn caloires or win races or get faster all the usual reasons people run. Nope I run to relieve stress and anxiety i never race because that will just give me anxiety and i'm not a morning person. and as for trying to faster and faster blah i just go do what i can and try and be happy with that.

I figure you do anything excercise wise your doing ions better then zillions of other people and deserve to pat yourself on the back for it.

even on my worst days its like oh well least i did something theres always tommorrow whatever.

as far as scales go i have i htink 4 currently in my bathroom ...... yeah sooner or later they need to fly out the window and into the yard. I dunno why i bother the numbers are always the same. and i'm sure having that many in there is a sign of another problem....
Old 06-17-2016, 03:52 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
zjw

food what did I eat today this is always fun.

Probably ate about 30 dates and 25 bananas. A ton of salad greens half a pine apple some hemp protein and a huge bowl of rice with lentils salsa green onions tomatos and hot sauce.

i'm still not done porobably eat a handful more bannas and 10-15 dates and a bowl of air popped pop corn before bed
Old 06-17-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Its hard, and Im still a huge work in progress.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:04 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

z is you a fruitanarian?

Well, I very withdrawal sick and depress today, so I keep it easy with little bit jumping on trampoline to move lymph system and ate nice salad ...but salad did no stay with me. But still I eat it, so I taking credit.

Tonight was suppose to go to poker game, but I not feeling well enough. Hard to decide if is better to relax or force self to go. I decide to call brother and tell him truth about how I depress and not well and would feel miserable to has to "fake a personality" all night. He was kind and understood, so I glad I not make up work excuse or something.
Old 06-17-2016, 07:46 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
zjw

Yeah just about I do all raw fruit some days and other days all raw fruit then a starchy cooked dinner. All the carbs keep me running. I've eaten many ways but physically this has been the best for me.