Notices

Today is Yet Another Day

Old 04-12-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hello my friend,

I am so very sorry for going radio silence -- will PM to explain, but for now, just wanted to say that all that packing up houses is more difficult than one recognises.

But I would suggest that you do very careful labelling and find separate places, so you know what is what -- my sister and I did this about three times by not being careful abut labelling and separation. If there are things that your mom wants, of course you keep them, just be sure you know later what is what.

Love you girl
Old 04-12-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Hugs, my Dropsie.

I am actually doing a good job of segregating, marking, etc. One room will be the things she is ok with the movers moving, one room is for fragile things she will trust only to family, and another is for the things going to the church rummage sale.

It did occur to me yesterday that the next time I do this is likely to be after mom dies. Which makes this time, I think, good. Because she is in charge and making the decisions and unlike my bossy little brother I'm glad to "let" her have that. (His bossiness, no doubt, comes from the exact same place it's just a different manifestation.)

The worst of it thus far was this morning when I went through my bratty little sister's junk. It was only a couple of boxes, but it was I dunno.... I'm at a loss for words at my reaction as to why one would leave one's angsty 20s journals and whatnot in your mothers house for three decades? Let's just say I'm glad I'm the one who found them rather than mom. It would have been better if it had been one of my brothers because they wouldn't have paid any nevermind whatsoever, but you know - it is what it is.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I can relate to what you are feeling about this sorting, that the next time you do this, circumstances will be different. In two months I'll be helping my parents move to a new apartment, and that will probably be the last time I help both of them move. It's the circle of life.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Sitting here in limbo (is that a lyric? I think it's a lyric ) leaves me with not much to say. Just wanting to check in.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

It's Jimmy Cliff!
That makes me happy.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Limbo? How come?
Old 04-14-2016, 01:09 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Limbo can be good -- you will be back at the grind soon enough.

How is your relationship with your mom -- nice mother Obladi lunch before you go??

I had a wonderful mother but we were not that close and I wonder if I could have changed that with a bit more concerted effort on my part -- I was always there for her, but not sure how much we really let each other in. I notice it now as my eldest is the same with me, where as the little one is a sharer.

Probably completely irrelevant to you, but musings...
Old 04-14-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening O
Old 04-14-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Fabs, it's limbo in that I'm neither here nor there.

But in real life I think it's more like I'm blocking out the being here part because there's actually some bad mojo in these walls for me. So I turned myself "off" if that makes sense?

Dropsie, my mom and I get along fine, but I wouldn't say we were close. It's not as if I feel I could tell her anything (or even much of anything) if you know what I mean. Not sure if your musings are irrelevant - I think maybe we are a product of our time. Back in our day we were mostly to be seen and not heard, no?

The packing has to happen on mom's timeline and she's quite busy. She's now quietly freaking out (not a thing she does, so I way exaggerate) because I'm due to leave day after tomorrow. I'll look into staying a few more days, but isn't that a bit bizarre as I've five siblings (with spouses and grown children) who live way closer than I do? Most of them within 30 minutes. Alright the one with cancer gets a pass. But still, we're an odd lot, this family.
Old 04-15-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Bad mojo is not good. I bet you'll be happy to be out of there, and I agree that it's weird that your siblings don't do their bit. Anyways, just wanted to wish you a good day.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Dropsie, I'm looking for my PM? No pressure - but I'm here for you should you wish to chat.

Fabs, thanks. It's really odd. I'm holding up OK, but avoiding mirrors because I can't stand what I look like here. I need to go home.

Even though middle daughter warns me that youngest trashed the house.

Well aren't I just a little ray of sunshine?

Hugs to you my friend Wolfie.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Maybe the sibs figure I owe because I only come home every few years?
Old 04-15-2016, 09:33 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Maybe the sibs figure I owe because I only come home every few years?
That's one thing I've learned over the years. We can never know what other people are thinking, so I've stopped wondering.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:51 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm sorry the house is a bit trashed if I was there I would help & try to not beat yourself up I don't have a lot of mirrors either x

Think you deserve a nice relaxing sober friday hot bath soak

You have us my beautiful friend x
Old 04-16-2016, 12:09 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

SW, that is so kind you bring a tear to my eye. I do yearn sometimes for a person who would just quietly deal with stuff for me periodically. But apparently I have to be open to that to make it possible. I'll get there...
Old 04-16-2016, 02:11 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 04-16-2016, 02:36 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi O, you sound like a gorgeous gal, bad mojo and not much sunshine currently and all.

I admire your efforts and your self-awareness, so there
Old 04-16-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

bemyself,
The feeling is mutual I'm sure.

Looking forward to being home tonight...

Feeling way off.
Old 04-16-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Do your best

If you want to talk were here x
Old 04-16-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

I feel a bit like Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. There's no place like home even while I have the audacity to wish home was something "more."