Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part XVIII: "New Year, New Moo!"

Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part XVIII: "New Year, New Moo!"

Old 02-03-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

sleepie, you can do ANYTHING with the attitude that "I try so hard". Maybe you're starting to believe that now. Keep on.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Pretty much everything is shaking, Drops, and not in a pretty fashion. Would-be tight buns look like a couple of sad poached eggs

How are you doing, Cow? How are things going on the giving up coffee etc front? I remember in one of Stephen Fry's (many) autobiographies him saying that he found work was quite a trigger for him. I think it might have something to do with some kinds of artistic temperaments....I know when I feel excited or revved up about something it can be a big trigger for me. I feel like I want to quell it, but I think I'm learning to tolerate it a bit better now.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Hi Dumplings, I would has write sooner, but Sleepies say something that perhaps almost maybe possibly sound little bit happy/positive last page, and I passes out from shock, and just now wakes up. ....I keed.... I total thrill that you sparkled. I not sure I ever hear you sparkle before. You keepa go!

I doing well with my writing, but yes Shabs, while it not physiological trigger, I use to writing with substances, be it stimulant or booze. So far, I has keep it to a few Diet Pepsi when my brain feel low energy, but I has come within hairsbreadth of getting my hooves around a coffee, and it was huge triumph that I shut that down and come home, well, with the Diet Pepsi, but still!

Meanwhile, I still struggling with depressions and deprivations, waiting for sobriety's big pay off of better health and joys and laughter ...

In hummy bird land, King Fatty is face a rebellion. Teeny tiny miss Lil' Bit just decided one day she not playing that. Fatty will charge and poke at her on the feeder but she just look at him, like, seriously? She not move! And then Fatty all like, "um, well, huh, what does I do now, cuz bitch ain't movin'!" Then he kind of sheepishly submit to sharing feeder with her. Lil' Bit even will share with Pris now. Is like Lil' Bit just tired of the drama! Pris and Fatty still mortal enemy though.

I got you package, Sleepies! I force self to wait until end of very frantic work session yesterday to open, cuz that my treat. And such a treat it was! You food pyramid too funny. I not think you ever post that one online, you should.

What else? Today I talk to friend who just relapse. And I also meet new lady friend, from the coffee shop. I maybe mention her some time ago. Really like her. I think this friendship maybe has legs which good, cuz I does need some "fresh" friends in my life.

And how is you all going?
Old 02-04-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Shabby, don't make me...Oh, why not...

Old 02-04-2016, 07:30 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Glad you got the package Cow, I posted the pyramid in the Cafe a little while back. Tales of the Hummies delight me as always, glad you updated Good to hear writing is going well and that you avoided coffee

Wow a friend at the cafe! Cool. Except you'll be in the near vicinity of coffee if you see her...

Ugh I am coughing up a storm, still sick and ended up being called to work tomorrow on my day off for an extra long shift. I have to get through the next 5 days, they are going to be extremely stressful. I feel like I'm walking into a land mine field every time I go in but weekends are the worst.

I just stress ate 2 grilled cheeses and there is a definite danger of a 3rd going down the hatch...
Old 02-05-2016, 12:35 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hee hee....love it, Trach :-D

Cow, that is a SCREAMING success. What's a little diet pepsi as long as it doesn't lead anywhere? Suitably impressed :-)
Old 02-05-2016, 06:35 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Omnivore

Cow - that is great that you avoided the hard stuff! How impressive is that!

Now, about diet soda..... Surely you have heard its not a good thing. The artificial sweeter is poison. Plus it fools your body into thinking it has had some calories when it has not. Which then leads you to have incredible hunger later. If you are going to have a Pepsi it is best just to have a Pepsi. Don't make it worse than it is by making it a diet Pepsi.

Getting off the soap box now. Congratulations again on working sober!
Old 02-05-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

The kosher Coke or Mexican sodas actually use sugar instead of HF corn syrup.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Kosher coke?! Oy vey....now I've heard everything.

Walk, you're hilarious without even trying :-D
Old 02-05-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Yes, yes, I knows all about the cokes and the pepsi, okay? I like the Diet Pepsi cuz aspartame cause little surge of phenylethylamine (PEA) in you brain and plus also is the caffeine, so is immediate anti-depressant energy boost ... ...while it eat you brain. I know is not good, and I try to stop.

Old 02-05-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Diet Pepsi causes pee? Who knew?
Old 02-05-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Yeah, yeah. It's a diarrheatic. True.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

So, I asks how everybody going, and I get 10 post on Pepsi. ... ...How much they paying you?
Old 02-05-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hey, I had a post about Alan.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Okay, now how about post about Trach...
Old 02-05-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Hi Cow, I prefer Diet Coke
Old 02-05-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Hi Puff, thank you for you cola report. How you going besides cola? I has couple free hour tonight then is back submerge in work again, so was hoping to get update on everybody.

I will shares something. I was so excite to have "fresh new friend," which I just talk about, but then today she send me blog link about "Star Childrens" and ask what I think. I like, holy shht. I knew she more woo woo/spiritual than I is, but she seem to understands and accept my perspective. Now I think I eventual gonna alienate her with my being atheist. Like I say, atheist is the new gay. Anyways, I give her honest answer, so we see if she okay to have friend on the "dark side." I total willing and open to has friend on the "light side."
Old 02-05-2016, 07:21 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

That's mighty big of you Cow, to be open to the light side. Best thing is that you are being honest and seeing where it takes you.

I can report that I have graduated to 3 days/week of Intensive Outpatient Treatment starting next week, disclosed to my younger brother that I'm sober 25 days now, and am caught up on all of my bills but haven't started taxes. Which is dumb because I always get a refund and I (almost always) wait until a minute before the last minute.

Christmas stuff hasn't all been put away yet, but I'm a at least month ahead of last year with that task. Sometimes one needs to mark progress with procrastination even if it's "at least I didn't procrastinate as bad this time."
Old 02-05-2016, 07:35 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Christmas stuff hasn't all been put away yet

Well that at least make me feel better about my dishes.

Good on you for get treatment you need and gaining confidence in you sobriety.

I use to be Catholic, then atheist, then woo woo spiritual, then atheist again. Pretty much now, after detour of study into subparticle, theoretical and astrophysics, I just believe universe got enough awe and mystery all on it own. It not need human interpretations to be wondrous. Certainly, it not need ... ... Star Childrens.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:47 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

I was thinking about UhZoom have you guys seen, a new person here? He went to inpatient today I think. I think I saw some of you on his thread... I was so happy to see someone actually take good advice about withdrawals, they scare the hell out of me for other people after having 'em myself. I really really hope he sticks with it and all after inpatient.

Obladi congrats on 25 days of sobriety

Glad you stopped by Cow. I got not a lot but work so sorry... I am working a really long day like 12 hours on Sunday and then extra hours on Monday so someone else can have family time. I never had a caring family myself but it makes me almost cry to see others who actually have a family where the members want to spend time with each other so I am a pushover and end up working a ton. I was so sick and sleep deprived today and went in on my day off also.

I might be getting used as it has happened before but I am thing that's not a "dumb dumb" 'cause TRACH SAID not to say that about myself but anyway this thing I am is of a nature to be a pushover because I am desperate for others to like me even though I cant stand much of them. I dunno.