Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part XVI: "Last Call"

Old 11-15-2015, 10:42 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm glad you got a friend to help you. I hope it's all done now. No wonder you are feeling blue. What a year you have had. I wonder if there's some kind of group/night class or something social you could join to meet people(?) Why did you move to Boston? I missed that....
Old 11-15-2015, 10:49 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Melissa! How can we best support you? First of all, please not feel bad for if you feeling stuck and needing help. I mean, Jesus God, of course you is. I not can even tell you how many time I think of Robby and his words, but then also, I think of you. Moo mwah, little dove. You will fly again.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:50 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

My kids are in Boston, or at least my 2 youngest, 14 and 15. The other 2 are in college.
My mother who is 82 lives here, too.
My friend is coming this weekend and then I'm driving back with her to Ottawa to refill my prescriptions before I cancel my Canadian insurance. Crazy, but I can't get Mass insurance until I've proven my Canadian insurance is cancelled. Then I can't get Mass insurance until there's an " open enrollment" event!
Old 11-15-2015, 10:53 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks, Cow. I need to know that.

I think of him all the time, too.
Like the other day, I read this news article that this woman went to court and won the right to wear a spaghetti strainer on her head for her drivers license picture.
He would have loved that!
Old 11-15-2015, 10:58 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Melissa

D
Old 11-15-2015, 10:59 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Oh cripes, all that red tape is so maddening.

It's good you are near your little ones :-) I've got the impression your Mum can be hard work at times. Sounded familiar!

You will be looking forward to spending time with your friend. I love a good road trip :-)
Old 11-15-2015, 11:10 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I wish I could take a road trip- I love them, too.
Unfortunately, we will get to Ottawa late Monday. I'll pick up my rental car and check into a hotel and Tues morning I have to go to the health center, get my scrips filled at the pharmacy, cancel my health insurance at a Service Ontario center-think DMV before getting on a 6:20 plane home so I can have early Thanksgiving with my brother, his new family and my mother on Wed.
Thursday is Thanksgiving again with my mother at my ex's house,(my old house).
He's been so generous inviting me to Thanksgiving and to their Halloween party. I'm very lucky in that regard.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:16 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Is tough times starting whole new life, yes? ... ... I maybe need to says that to my self also.

Anyways, we always here for you, Melissa. You will get insurance sorted out. You will settle in. You will go forward. You strong woman and that one of reason Robby love you so much.

Okay, this strange, my eccentric neighbor just come back from Japan, and though he travel a lot and never has bring me anything from his travels, all of sudden, from Japan, he bring me "spaghetti strainer" cuz he say Japan has superior plastics. (?) I like, wow, that so random and weird. Not think other thing about it ...until now! Where is Lenina to tell us this mystical synchronicity.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:17 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

He sounds like a sweetie...I remember you saying he was the first person to ring you. I doubt it's to do with luck though - he probably loves you to bits.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:18 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Love it!! So will AO and Lenina :-)
Old 11-15-2015, 11:55 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Trying to catch up on the thread...

Melissa- It has to be tough moving on without Robby. I think of him often and wish I could share with him. I wish you could fast forward a bit to get through the Holidays and the settling in.

That is weird that is was a spaghetti strainer.

Sleepie!!!! Don't be afraid of your voice. I welcome it.

Oh, and I played soccer for many years. Even after my college career ended I tried to stay active in adult leagues but not so much anymore.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:17 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Mellissa! Hey! So good to see you.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Syncronicities and serendipities.

You absolutely gotta know Robbie is whispering in many ears...

Cow, probably your neighbor hasn't the slightest clue why he felt the need to buy you a strainer. Haha ! And ((((MELISSA)))), goodness knows he would use something so absurd so as to let us all know he is right here with us.

It's common practice from those who have gone back Home, to find the most absurd ways of letting us know they are still with us. Just so there is no question as to "who the ? what the ? how ?"

Oh that Robbie. What a little joker...

Signs.

Sealed. Delivered.

He's ours.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hey Cow and Co :-)

Continuing the sports theme....I had never heard of UFC sports before yesterday and had no idea who Ronda Rousey was. I've been catching up and watched a few clips of interviews and various fights on youtube....fun :-) 'Pride goeth before a fall', Ronda Rousey! Holly Holm seems like a real sweetie.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Old 11-16-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I stalked you today sleepie and saw on the whiners thread you are unwell (via the sick smilies you posted). Big hugs and I hope you feel better soon. I miss you talking :-(
Old 11-16-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Old 11-16-2015, 08:42 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Old 11-17-2015, 01:07 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Melissa
Old 11-17-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Is tough times starting whole new life, yes? ... ... I maybe need to says that to my self also.

Anyways, we always here for you, Melissa. You will get insurance sorted out. You will settle in. You will go forward. You strong woman and that one of reason Robby love you so much.

Okay, this strange, my eccentric neighbor just come back from Japan, and though he travel a lot and never has bring me anything from his travels, all of sudden, from Japan, he bring me "spaghetti strainer" cuz he say Japan has superior plastics. (?) I like, wow, that so random and weird. Not think other thing about it ...until now! Where is Lenina to tell us this mystical synchronicity.
Wow, what a smoove romancer your neighbor is! I think this is a sign from the almighty flying spaghetti monster that you are supposed to become a "Pastafarian". I'm sure Lenina would agree! And yes, you are supposed to wear the colander on your head.