Notices

California Love

Old 10-09-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

California Love

Welp,

I am off to Cali to see my sister get married to a real real great guy. (navy man). I've never been to Cali so I know I am going to have a blast. I am 20 days sober now and it will be a tru test to see if I can fly back home to Texas and remain on track at day 24 on tuesday. My sister is prego and can't drink at her wedding so I will be staying close by her with a glass of diet coke and lime...

Thanks SR for all your support and replys thus far . I look to return being a sober man. I'll let you all know how it goes . Wish me well. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Stay sober my friends.

Peace

Dru -
Old 10-09-2015, 02:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I wish you well, Dru :-)
Old 10-09-2015, 02:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Me too Dru. Have a great sober weekend

D
Old 10-09-2015, 03:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have a good one mate, you'll be fine, just not too much lime
Old 10-09-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have a great time man!

Remember - fireworks! Not champagne!
Old 10-09-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zjw

wow dru for a guy to talk so highly of there sisters future husband is pretty cool!! he must be a great guy then.

It shouldnt be too bad then staying sober if your sister cant drink neither etc.. Good job
Old 10-09-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dru1085 View Post
Welp, I am off to Cali to see my sister get married to a real real great guy. (navy man). I've never been to Cali so I know I am going to have a blast. I am 20 days sober now and it will be a tru test to see if I can fly back home to Texas and remain on track at day 24 on tuesday. My sister is prego and can't drink at her wedding so I will be staying close by her with a glass of diet coke and lime... Thanks SR for all your support and replys thus far . I look to return being a sober man. I'll let you all know how it goes . Wish me well. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay sober my friends. Peace Dru -
Hope you have a good trip. The weather has been great here lately. Hell, the weather's always great out here.
It may be difficult being in the celebratory atmosphere of a wedding- check in here often. If cravings hit you, post here before you pick up the first drink. Good luck.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Remember you can always log in on your phone bud I watched that straight outta Compton recently great movie

Congrats on your sister getting married & enjoy the weather Dru
Old 10-09-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good luck! Have some fun I really liked california when I visited some years back.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Professional zombie fighter

Good luck! I'm leaving for the wedding I'm going to right now, too. Log on if you need to ... Idk if you use the app but it works pretty great
Old 10-09-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Have a nice time at the wedding, dru.

Safe travels.

See you on Day 24!!!!!
Old 10-09-2015, 11:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The app does work great! If you don't have it, it's 99 cent and SR is a tap away
Old 10-10-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dru1085 View Post
Welp,

I am off to Cali to see my sister get married to a real real great guy. (navy man). I've never been to Cali so I know I am going to have a blast. I am 20 days sober now and it will be a tru test to see if I can fly back home to Texas and remain on track at day 24 on tuesday. My sister is prego and can't drink at her wedding so I will be staying close by her with a glass of diet coke and lime...

Thanks SR for all your support and replys thus far . I look to return being a sober man. I'll let you all know how it goes . Wish me well. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Stay sober my friends.

Peace

Dru -
Congratulations and have a great time!

One suggestion that was helpful to me especially during my early years of sobriety and going to weddings or other big drinking events was to make sure I always have a get away car available in case I needed to get out of there!

Remember, your sobriety comes before everything! You have to protect your sobriety just as you would protect a baby!