Notices

Not doing well

Old 10-08-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I am so glad your day has gone sober, sleepie! Kudos!!!

Only human...as are we all. A little compassion. Live and let live. I think people rushed here to your thread, sleepie, to offer support then felt almost attacked, or rejected. Your earliest posts were so relentless and angry, I think it was simply overwhelming for some...it was overwhelming for me.

Just saying, from purely my own point of view... People really care. And each of us has the power to offend, hurt, scare, overwhelm each other. If people don't care, they can't be offended or hurt.

We CAN say what we need to say. We can't control how it is received. For our own sakes, we must use these pages to our best advantage. Chew the meat. Spit out the bones. The beauty of SR is that we are legion! Everyone can find their own cup of tea/support/info/truth. Very cool indeed.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I don't understand how I attacked anyone. I mean there is an ignore function?
How is being worried sick about my health attacking?
I really don't want to rehash this.

How about that 3 month anniversary coming up around the corner...
Old 10-08-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Sleepie, I think you're fantastic to have stayed sober! Please keep posting!
Old 10-08-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

3-month is totally FAB!!! I am jealous!
Old 10-08-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thank you, sadly this is the most time I have had not drinking in 6 years.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

You'll get there Bixbee. Sometimes you gotta just not do that one thing (drinking) in a day. It's hard.
After your brain chemistry gets dependent, what a fight.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I hear that.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Well, I'm especially thrilled about your getting off benzos. That's a major accomplishment, and you've still got a long road ahead.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I really want it. And I'll finish today sober, too. Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Way to go Bixbee!
I think I have a good head start as far as the valium. It was 10 days without and only one day of weird withdrawal. I'm trying not to have fears about it.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Sleepie
I have been reading your threads for some time now. It seems that one thing that stands out in most of your threads is that you feel your past and current problems are far worse than anybody on SR could ever understand or relate to. Many people have given you some great advice but I don't know how any advice would be helpful to you and long as you feel they don't understand or have never been what you have been through.
Yes, you do a really good job expressing your feelings and challenges on SR and I commend you for that, but as long as you continue to find reasons to see your situation as unique your going to continue to have a hard time connecting and using the advice people have given you. John
Old 10-08-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

How did the doctors appointment go, Sleepie?
Old 10-08-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hang in there. It seems like the 3 to 4 month range was a real turning point for me and others.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:55 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

That's what I've heard sg, I really hope that turning point happens.

Thanks Ajax, there will be further investigation and appointments as to why this weight loss is happening and the other stuff. No simple answers today. I'm trying not to be upset because I am aware that unintended weight loss is not usually a benign thing. I just hope I get a break.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:43 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I'm reeaaaaally glad you stopped with the valium after all the hard work you've done, Sleepie. Phew :-) There's an interesting post somewhere in newcomers today from someone who has been there - they weren't the OP and I can't remember which thread. Sorry, I guess that's not overly helpful!!!

Edit: Found it. It's under teatree's Hallucinations from Xanax withdrawal. You've prolly read it. Looks like Equinox joined just so they could post their experience.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:07 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 Months, that is fantastic. I am thinking of you, and hope that the next doctors appointment gives you some answers.

I am not discounting your fears, but when I had extreme anxiety and stopped drinking at the same time, I lost LOTS of weight for no other reason. Which for me was a good thing, but not for everyone. Then add in stopping valium and the sugar issues, and this could very well be the reason.

So try to hang on. I love the lego house. I have peace points and a peace bank that I have to break if I drink, but lego house is better and way easier.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Love the lego house idea sleepie

congrats on the sober day
and happy 3-month eve
Old 10-09-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Thanks guys it's no small feat for me, anxiety has always been near crippling for me. To not rely on a pill or medication for a very valid mental health condition is just a testament to my strength- I know not everyone can do that and toss addiction into the mix, well some don't make it out alive. I'm here, I made it and I'm not gonna shut up about it
Old 10-09-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

My 3 months is next week, I too am hoping for this "turn around" that others speak of.

I never did take any medication, not really in counseling, not dieting and exercising as much as I should. I am taking supplements, praying, taking it 1 day at a time etc.

It is difficult, sometimes we just don't have all the tools others do and I wish that were possible.

I'm curious as to your reason for not taking anti-depressants or some other medication like that. Mine is because they terrify me that it'll make things worse. I understand that there are people that do really well on them, I just get worried that I wont do well with them.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Holds1325 View Post
I too am hoping for this "turn around" that others speak of.

I never did take any medication, not really in counseling, not dieting and exercising as much as I should. I am taking supplements, praying, taking it 1 day at a time etc.
Holds....just an observation, but read the two sentences you wrote above and notice the contradiction. Hoping for something to happen yet not doing everything you can to make it happen is not conducive to success.