Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part XIV: "Happy Birthday to Moo"

Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part XIV: "Happy Birthday to Moo"

Old 09-25-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Post Diary of a Mad Cow, Part XIV: "Happy Birthday to Moo"

No, it not my birthday ...but it coming soon. The big FIVE-O. Now, I not give crap about birthday. Never have. For me, just cuz you plops out of some bitch's vagina one day is not really miraculous spiritual event. (Pretty much happen all the time.)

But, I does want life to be different. I also say this at 40, and life did change then ...for the worse! So I kind of been living at rock bottom for lot of past few years, and I still kind of feeling rock bottom even though I final getting around to getting sober.

So, in effort toward try to focus mind to where I wish to be instead of where I was or am, I gonna try very hard to no whine and complain and talk about all my sufferings. (You can just assume at any given moment I sick, miserable, depress and in pain.) But I gonna try to talk about positives, if any, or, use old standby, say nothing if nothing positive to say. Is just experiment to go along with my cleanse and such. (And I total reserve right to go back to being relentless whiny sad sack in next thread!)

You guys free to talk about whatever, of course.

So...how bout today? Well, I was not kidnap by ISIS, and a check come in mail.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bithday cowsmall.jpg (37.6 KB, 609 views)
Old 09-25-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi doll I am not too far behind. I am 47 this year. Love the party hat. I do think for me at least, sometimes faking it till you make it works. A check in the mail and not getting kidnapped and beheaded works as well
Old 09-25-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Della shush you are not, that is your picture right?
Old 09-25-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Sounds like a plan, Cow.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hey Cow,

fyi: babies don't just plop out of bitches' vaginas. i've been there, done that.
hard work. painful work. and things don't always happen like this, either. things go wrong. terribly wrong.
yeah i know, you can say it how you see it, so i just choose to say i find that offensive.

not even puppies just plop out of bitches' vaginas. even that is hard work.

i've just passed through the big 60, and it's mighty weird!
so if i don't speak up at this age, when would be the right time????
Old 09-25-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

47 here
I didn't have birthday's growing up because of a beheading 2000 years ago (allegedly). I enjoyed my daughter's birthday parties very much but my own I never got into.

I had a pretty good day. I saw you sample diet Cow and I decided I needed to get back on the whole30 kick again. I am getting to old to put junk in my body anymore. I am eating a lot of spinach because I think I needed some Magnesium. If you have any other tips for the Magnesium I am all ears.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Dear fini, that just my (often offensive) sense of humor, okay? (But I does think humans is hyper-self-celebratory. ) I apologizes if was disrespectful to you. You probable not would even talk to me if you hear some of my stand up jokes.

And hell yes, lady, speaks you mind!

Bunny, I did see you last post on last thread ...but I wish you be more specific when you suggest I could dig deeper to help self, cuz that sting little bit, and I really not even know what you mean. Is like you wanted to say something even more BAM POW but you hold back. (I know you good intentions, of course.)

SR, I total recommend mag supplement, as is hard to get enough through food. Just cuz plant has it not mean it easily absorb into body. It bound up in fiber of plant.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I take magnesium and D supplements. They help. Yes Sleepie that's me. It helps me feel accountable if my face is out there.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

D3 really must be take with K2 for proper balances in body and also with lot of mag. Be aware D3 can cause overstimulation/mania in some peoples if not enough mag. It kick me into mania, but that before I do proper research of co-factors. I does think it have anti-D potential, so I gonna re-start with lower dosage.

You has warm, welcoming face Della.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Della is a sweetheart!

I've been told the best way to get magnesium is through the skin. As in soaking in Epsom salts. Twenty minute soak in warm water.

Since my varicose vein surgery I cannot soak or swim since it takes a long time to heal. I still have some soreness and hurty spots.

You lot are pack of youngsters! Count those rosebuds while ye may......

Love from Lenina
Old 09-25-2015, 08:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I can't take potassium because it always shows up as high in my blood work even without a supplement.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Della, vitamin K2 is not potassium, which is mineral. (But on periodic table potassium is symbol K, so I understands you confusion.) They total different nutrients.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I couldn't give a rat's arse about my birthday either. In fact, I always have to ask my partner to remind me how old I am - I can never remember. I do know that my next birthday is (also) the big 50....I guess because it's considered some monumental event. So I'm already rounding it up now and just saying I'm 50 because for once it's easy to remember. Once I turn 51 it will all turn to custard again.

SR - that must have been so shite being a child and not being allowed to celebrate your birthday. Poor little darling I was forced to go to mass every Sunday which was a form of boredom torture, and 'confess' my sins, which of course I had to make up, then reel off several Hail Mary's, Our Father's, and Acts of Contrition. My parents would frequently get roaring drunk and violent and scream at each other things like "You're not an effing Catholic's ********!!!!" Pretty funny really, in retrospect. Something a tad wrong with that picture. For the record, I'm not knocking Catholicism per se, in fact I adore the current Pope. But yes, religion has not been a pleasant experience for me.

I love your irreverent sense of humour, Cow. Keep it coming :-)
Old 09-25-2015, 10:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Shabs, I also raise Catholic and make up crap for confessions, cuz as kid, I not really understand my "sins" but you was total pressure to CONFESS, and I just want my donut. (Cuz they brainwash us via donut after mass!) I was made to go to church and catechism. At 16 or 18, or whatever age it was, right after Confirmation by the Bishop, I just toss all that BS right out window and own fact that I not believe in gods. I think was pretty bold of young girl already damage by trauma to take ownership of her beliefs. (That me being positive about self.)

PS. Cow on Bill Maher tonight!
Old 09-25-2015, 10:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yes, that took guts alright.

O.m.g.....I want to see that!!! Just checked online and I can watch it on his website. How exciting!!!! 'Our' Cow on Bill Maher??!! Awesome :-D
Old 09-26-2015, 03:08 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I have to see this! So not to appear more clueless....I need to get K2??

Recovering Catholic here too. Even 8 years of Catholic school. And left handed to boot lolol.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm not sure, Della. I think we can't get HBO in this part of the world, but I notice he uploads Real Time with Bill Maher onto youtube....so am thinking I will wait for it to appear there. Is Real Time the show, Cow?
Old 09-26-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yeah the newest one I found was 9/11.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Gotta walk a dog...
tired.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Omnivore

You think Catholic school is something, try Missouri Synod Lutheran school. I had 12 years of that. And my family wasn't even Lutheran. We were Episcopalian. So I went to Sunday School and debated with Lutheran doctrine and went to grammar school and took the Episcopal side. I guess that's why I eventually became a lawyer. My teachers at both we're pulling their hair out. I loved it.