Notices

Ashamed

Old 07-29-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ashamed

Finally made very overdue dental appts. for my son and I and talking to my husband realized my son needed his wisdom teeth out--I had just forgotten all about it. Last he saw a dentist was a year ago now and we'd run out of insurance so we we're going to do all that when my insurance turned over at the first of the year. This was the kind of thing I neglected when drinking...I'm starting to realize just how much was affected. I'm so glad I stopped really. Just went to see Alice cooper and Motley Crue-- all former addicts who are now sober. Was really cool to see how good they are doing when really some should be dead the way they were going. Really starting to be very happy (at almost 3 months in) I quit!
Old 07-29-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Fwiw i think you have made great progress congrats on your sober time bluefairy
Old 07-29-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm happy for you, BlueFairy!

Feels good doesn't it?

Keep up the great work.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on three months sober!
Old 07-29-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Nice that you're so positive, Blue. I let all sorts of things slide too. I always thought I was on top of things, but I wasn't. Thankfully, we are back - and getting better every day.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's fantastic blue fairy thank you so much for the share!!
Old 07-30-2015, 12:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

At least I don't have to worry about filling time right now- I have so many appts I'd put off --they're filling up the calendar. And I definitely need to make more. Keeping track of everything will now be the trick. It turned out allright with the kid--he's 24 but high functioning autistic. Even with having to do all new xrays he'll be able to get his teeth pulled this year, in fact it's good he had to do all new xrays because he had a broken tooth. The dentist said I looked pretty good and I was pretty amazed by that with all the sugar I've been eating. That's starting to calm down a little. Someone actually told me they thought I was 30 yesterday in the sauna-- that hasn't happened for a few years. (I'm 47) I'm still fighting fatigue and need to fix my job issues but I think I'm doing ok for now anyway. I checked the sober calculator and it's been 88 days :-)