Notices

I am sick of being alone

Old 06-29-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Always around if you need to chat. I can totally relate.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi.
Life is at times very hard when we keep playing the same roll all the time.

Isolation is perhaps the worst thing an alcoholic can wrap around themselves, that comes from experience I’m familiar with after a lot of sober years experience. Today it’s much better because I still go to 3-5 AA meetings a week where most people understand each other.

Getting out of it for me required me to work and change many things with the help of these people. The first thing was to go to a meeting a day, until I wanted to go. Next was to get involved in the fellowship by making coffee, greeting people, participating, cleaning up AND going out with others after a meeting for a sandwich, ice cream, bowling and other activities that would keep me from isolating.
These choices are a matter of misery or the joy of living.

BE WELL
Old 07-02-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

i've read all the responses here and it's kinda humbling to receive two pages of support from people who have never met me. i did some stupid things on sunday that culminated in me getting into a fair bit of trouble and a ridiculous mess and i wish i'd just gone home and chatted with you guys... i've thought about hopping into the chatroom like wolfie suggested. if i get into that headspace again i'll join the room instead. i need the perspective and positivity that you all offer and i'm sorry for behaving like nothing matters except the sound of my own screaming. i don't really want to go into everything i did or what happened because there's no real point, except to move forward. i don't want to put myself in that position ever again.

i managed to get to a support group and forced myself to stay through the anxiety. one of the guys there got talking to me and offered to meet me to go to some AA meetings if i was too screwed up about going on my own. it's funny how even when you think you don't believe in anything, you end up praying when you're in deep ****. between waking up alive, the messages here, and the support from the group, i kinda feel like maybe someone heard me.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I am glad you come here Lycan, I urge you to take the help that has been offered by your local support group too. There is unlimited support here and elsewhere, but it does no good if you aren't willing to utilize it. Do it for yourself first and foremost, but for your family and friends too.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you checked back in Lyc

D
Old 07-02-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Do your best

Me too really glad your here with us Laz
Old 07-02-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

That's nice to hear. I'm glad things are looking up for you.
When one door closes, another opens - but it is hell being in the hallway for a while.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

thanks guys. a couple of you have left messages on my wall but whenever i go to reply, i'm not able to? i don't know if it's my computer like a browser issue or something or i'm just being a dumbass but it either tells me i don't have permission to view conversations or the page is blank on the the visitor messages section. so i'm not ignoring the messages i just dunno how to respond.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

lycanlaz,

I'm very alone and lonely too. (Newly moved) That was part of my motivator to try AA.

I've been to 4 meetings in 2 locations and have already made a few friends. Some have initiated contact, some have invited me along after the meeting for food.

CJ.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

hey CJ. isolation is rough as ****. i used to love my own space and being alone but there's something about an empty house that grates against me now unbearably. i'm craving human contact where before i wasn't exactly repulsed by it but my own company seemed preferable to anything else.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Do your best

Youd definatly meet ppl at Smart or AA mtns Laz you know if you call them youd proberly get someone to take you i was scared too but it turned out to be one of the best things i done to help my sobriety & i met ppl that was the best bit i wasnt alone

Here for you anytime bud
Old 07-03-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Youd definatly meet ppl at Smart or AA mtns Laz you know if you call them youd proberly get someone to take you i was scared too but it turned out to be one of the best things i done to help my sobriety & i met ppl that was the best bit i wasnt alone

Here for you anytime bud
Here for you anytime bud. Yeah, right. Soon today gone tomorrow or something like that. Nothing personal, just the way it is. I've had one person that has remained my friend on SR for the past year and I feel lucky for that. I'm sure you mean while, but it doesn't work that way. John
Old 07-03-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by lycanlaz View Post
thanks guys. a couple of you have left messages on my wall but whenever i go to reply, i'm not able to? i don't know if it's my computer like a browser issue or something or i'm just being a dumbass but it either tells me i don't have permission to view conversations or the page is blank on the the visitor messages section. so i'm not ignoring the messages i just dunno how to respond.
There should be no problem lyc. Maybe clean out your cookie cache?

D