Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Replaced the drinking for exercise and i'm feeling great.

Notices

Replaced the drinking for exercise and i'm feeling great.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I've become a real gym rat and do a crossfit-type workout 3-4 times a week.
It has made me strong and I'm able to do quite a bit of heavy lifting and work in the Summer heat on my farm, so I'm getting lots of benefit.

Last week I bought a tank top with a big barbell on the front and the caption
"Meet me at the bar" which was so ironic (for me) that I just couldn't pass it up
Old 07-27-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just wanted to give an update on how i'm doing. I'm 62 days sober and 20 pounds slimmer. I still have about 15 pounds to go but I feel great. I'm in the lead to win our shop's weight loss competition too!

Going sober has been the best decision I have ever made. The most difficult time for me has been the social gatherings during the summer. We visit the lake a lot and it's always a huge drink fest. Everyone seems to ask why you aren't drinking and it stays on my mind in those situations. Oh well, I've found new ways to have a good time w/o the booze.

I hope everyone else is doing great and thanks for reading.
Old 07-29-2015, 02:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Congrats Ares! You had done a wonderful job! Deviating our thoughts by other interesting hobbies is an effective technique to get rid of an addiction. I had been addicted for alcohol for 4 years and had joined in Canada alcohol and drug rehab programs, an addiction treatment center in Calgary to quit drinking. They inspired me to get involved in many activities like sports and painting. It really helped me overcome the thoughts of drinking. Yeah, It's true that being clean and sober is a great feeling. I too had great improvement in my health.
Old 07-29-2015, 02:43 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Jenny

D
Old 07-29-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on 62 days

Welcome Jenny
Old 07-31-2015, 01:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!

And thank you for the post about exercise. It's a great reminder that physical activity is an important part of our recovery process. Time for me to dust off my gym shoes!
Old 07-31-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Great post, congrats to your weight loss, and it's awesome that you are 60 plus days sober. I've taken the same approach as you. I've become a sort of an outdoors men, and fitness buff. If I'm not working out, I'm biking, hiking, or planning camping trips. It's an awesome feeling waking up in the morning not having a hangover.