Notices

stopping again!

Old 05-25-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

stopping again!

Hi folks.i have decided to stop drinking again,it's been coming along time!75 units a week I got it down to and thought I was doing well because I had them over 4 days having 3 off!great eh!?as I'm sure you all know life is a monster struggle because of drink and I'm having a moment of clarity where I'm just so tired of being ill. I'm 50lbs overweight because of drink and seem just to be living to get to a drink to feel good.self medicating as it were.this is my day one!best regards to all.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back hothow

got any ideas on a plan to stay sober?

D
Old 05-25-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hothow View Post
Hi folks.i have decided to stop drinking again,it's been coming along time!75 units a week I got it down to and thought I was doing well because I had them over 4 days having 3 off!great eh!?as I'm sure you all know life is a monster struggle because of drink and I'm having a moment of clarity where I'm just so tired of being ill. I'm 50lbs overweight because of drink and seem just to be living to get to a drink to feel good.self medicating as it were.this is my day one!best regards to all.

Hi.
It would help if you perhaps looked into why you don’t feel good and work on that in conjunction with not drinking?

BE WELL
Old 05-25-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wink

not sure what a "unit" means.. but, you sound a LOT like me about 8 and a half years ago!
i was Miserable and also quite SICK.. i gave AA one last shot... and i've been sober ever since.. (one day at a time)
Old 05-25-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi.i think it's just the addiction to be honest.feel crap because or drink so look to a drink to alleviate the feeling which it does then it's rinse and repeat!I'm not off it long enough to see how I really feel so going to try that first.dee.going to altar diet try to sleep properly and come hear or go to meetings as much as possible .
Old 05-25-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't stop trying hothow... if I can do it anybody can.. (i was DESPERATE though)
Old 05-25-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi.i think it's just the addiction to be honest.feel crap because or drink so look to a drink to alleviate the feeling which it does then it's rinse and repeat!I'm not off it long enough to see how I really feel so going to try that first.dee.going to altar diet try to sleep properly and come hear or go to meetings as much as possible .
Having a plan is very inportant, as well as being around others who understand. I think going to meetings is a good idea as you suggest, there you will find many who know how help. SR is also a great place to find help and support, don't be afraid to ask for it. You also may want to check out the newcomers section and join one of the monthly or daily threads.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Meetings are a great idea. If you go to meetings and ask for help you will get it. For me the drink got to where it didn't make me feel better at all until I was passed out into oblivion. Its a bad feeling when the only solution you know of isn't a solution anymore. I had to ask for help.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Every time I wanted a drink I came here. If someone was in the chat room I went there, if not I posted. People were so supportive. You can do this and we are here to help. One day at a time, you got this. I am proud of you for trying again. Never give up.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks folks
Old 05-27-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

One day at a time hothow..they add up. Trust me!