Notices

Scott Weiland is a good deterrant

Old 05-02-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So horrible. I saw David Lee Roth in 1982 do the same thing at the US festival. I have never respected DLR since then! This poor man needs rehab. He is a self proclaimed heroin addict who is obviously not sober. People in the expected spotlight of the media should not allow themselves to be exposed like this. Those who have followed this band, KNOW he is not ok.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

I has read his book and interviews on his struggle. Is the horrorshow we all know. Smart and talented and addicted. I not think it really matter how much you "got going for you" if you got addict brain. I hope he make it.

On that note, HBO releasing authorize Kurt Cobain documentary "Montage of Heck" Monday. I has copy, but I not watch yet. I hesitant. For me, it gonna be very tought watch, cuz he, along with my much belove Spalding Gray, is biggest "talent" addiction losses for me.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

This happened on 04.29.2015 so yes it is recent. There's no way that was just a few beers that caused that. It looks like some soft brain apathy is now occurring after all the years of damage. My biggest thought though is why no one around him is trying to intervene. If his manager cared about more than Scott as a commodity he would have spoken the truth and declared an attempt to get Scott help. It's a shame.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Wow, that's really, really sad to see.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

I couldn't even get through that- so very, very sad. Seems to me like he was getting ready to nod off.....just finished Slash's biography and Scott was battling addiction when he was lead singer for Velvet Revolver.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NikTes View Post
Oh man. This made me feel really sad. And it got me to re-watch Alice In Chains MTV unplugged. Seriously cried seeing Layne Staley in that condition, so broken and still that incredible voice and strength. He tried to get help and couldn't find his way through.
Sad so many highly talented dudes like Layne, Andrew Wood, Cobain, Hendrix, Morrison, etc, etc, etc, self destructed. I'm sure it all started out as a good time they lost control of. Not judging, I've been there myself. Scott has a long history of battling drug addiction, I hope he's able to get his life back on track.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:38 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

yes it is sad to see........

the energetic clean and sober firecracker who led velvet revolver with their vicious and snarling reimagining of The Sunset Strip heyday is a sight to behold and a good reminder of what Weiland is capable of.

This video is tragic and I hope he gets well, as no one deserves this.

Peace

V
Old 05-10-2015, 12:49 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ilovemysonjj View Post
So horrible. I saw David Lee Roth in 1982 do the same thing at the US festival. I have never respected DLR since then! This poor man needs rehab. He is a self proclaimed heroin addict who is obviously not sober. People in the expected spotlight of the media should not allow themselves to be exposed like this. Those who have followed this band, KNOW he is not ok.
It was largely an act with Roth and part of the stage show. The man has always been fairly health conscious.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:48 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
formerly luvSOBERlife

Originally Posted by NikTes View Post
Oh man. This made me feel really sad. And it got me to re-watch Alice In Chains MTV unplugged. Seriously cried seeing Layne Staley in that condition, so broken and still that incredible voice and strength. He tried to get help and couldn't find his way through.
For some reason, like so many others, Layne's story has always stuck with me. AIC was such a unique band and their music was so raw and emotional. Their lyrics were so unflinching, powerful, and really a warning to us all. Layne's voice was truly in a class of its own. Their will never be another voice like that.
I will always use his experience to keep my from my own slow death to alcohol, my DOC. The fact that he died so slowly from heroin reverberates in me my own possible future should I choose anything other than full sobriety.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:02 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Layne, Scott, Kurt Cobain and Chris Cornell live on through their great music. It is so sad that they all have left us.