Authenticity II

Old 04-25-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Robby...you're an inspiration and encouragement as always.
I saw my dr yesterday because of a little setback I've had and in the course of my visit he commented on my high spirits and my fight like hell attitude. I told him I was taking my cue from the best (that would be you good sir!).
Pick your battles and fight like hell!
Xoxo
Old 04-25-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Quite, Brynn. Who needs to waste thousands of bucks on some so-called 'inspirational speaker' (complete with slick hair and Lamborghini waiting outside), when we can be part of SR?

I too often mention SR and what the community here offers to my GP and others. Most people don't get it - just stare at me as if I'm more nuts than they first thought
Old 04-25-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

I have no words right now except to say if I could take some of the pain away and bear it myself for the two of you I would in an instant.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Robby...you're an inspiration and encouragement as always.
I saw my dr yesterday because of a little setback I've had and in the course of my visit he commented on my high spirits and my fight like hell attitude. I told him I was taking my cue from the best (that would be you good sir!).
Pick your battles and fight like hell!
Xoxo
YAY!! (((Brynn)))

So proud you now wear with a surety your ongoing success, even against a setback, and others important in your life take sure notice. Such a wonderfully well-crafted look for you!!

Old 04-25-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
learning to live

Hi Robby. I know we have not been introduced. I have read many of your posts though.

I want you to know how much wisdom I get from all of your posts. It's also fun to watch yours and Cow's great relationship! lol So, thank you, first of all, for that

Secondly, I just wanted to let you know another SR member has got you in their prayers. I sincerely hope the very best for you.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
I have no words right now except to say if I could take some of the pain away and bear it myself for the two of you I would in an instant.
(((DELLA)))

Please know from me, you have more than once already done just so. The taking away I'm meaning. I am so serious. And others here as well, all in your own magical ways, have been so generous to me, and to my good wife Melissa.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Hi growpath.
Welcome to this wonderful thread.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

No worries, bemyself. Her and I haven't actually yet spoken of your post as yet. Last nights news is a bit much for her as yet. She has though already known before last night by many weeks ago I already dismissed the said internist.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

(((Gilmer))) (((Puffy))) (Jeni26))) (((Ken33xx))) (((Verte))) (((soberwolf))) (((dwtbd))) (((AlphaOmega))) (((fini)))

Old 04-25-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

I am just now catching up on this thread, my dear friend.

Tripling up on the prayers and sending an abundance of love.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:05 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
EndGame

Hi Robby.

I have many more conversations with you in my imagination than I do on your thread or in PMs. Just so you know, they're always good.

I'm most happy to see that you and Melissa are getting such tremendous support from so many good people, and that your giving hearts are so open to taking it in. Not everyone is blessed in that way...the taking it in part.

Taking care of my sister has become my main activity. Even when I'm not with her, I'm thinking about her, and you, and what else it is that I can do. When I offer and give support and it doesn't produce the desired outcome, I lose nothing from the offering and the giving, and I gain a whole lot from the experience. So thank you for allowing me and all these good people to enter your heart.

What's so inspiring for me is that you likely become much more than you ever imagined.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:35 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

I'm very much thinking of you two as Monday's next set of consults approaches. It seems (from reading back) that so very much has emerged for you, and that you've had to endure, in only a week or so. And that's just after all the trials over the post-polio complications etc.

All I can think of right now is an ear-worm from Robyn Williams AKA Adrian Kroner in Good Morning Vietnam: 'It's HOT, DAMNED HOT!!' [Substitute 'Hard'].

'Sleep tight.....' as Annie sang.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:40 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Dalai Lama: Everything happens for a reason, Cow.
Cow: Bullshht! Universe total impersonal! Good thing happen to very bad peoples all the time, and, very bad thing happen to good peoples.
Dalai: Okay, yeah. You got me. But doesn't it just feel better to think things happen for a reason?
Cow: No! Not unless I knows the reason.
Dalai: Oh. Well, then you're screwed, this is a blind faith based paradigm.
Cow: But I think that make up fantasy of human to help deal with untenable pain of life.
Dalai: Shhhh!
Cow: But is it okay to admit I feeling outrage and grief. That I feel like constant positivity, for me, is disengenuous. Should I be honest about my fear and sadness, or should I stay away...
Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

(((COW)))

No. No need on my part for you to stay aware. This thread is on Authenticity, yeah? You know I love you and who you are, yeah

Express freely dearest friend. I wouldn't have it any other way on my or your threads, lol.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Okay. Um, I didn't mean "don't stay aware." I meant "don't stay away." Course, y'all knew that right... ...RIGHT!!!

Old 04-26-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
p***enger

Robby, I have a friend who is stuck on Mt Everest above the icefall. As of last word, they have food for several days, no one is hurt, and they have one satellite phone among them -- my friend's, he's a very fore-thoughtful guy. But there's no way down, and since I last heard, there's been a big aftershock.

You & he have a lot in common. I'm sure you'll make it down this particular mountain, and as he told his wife in their brief call, you'll have the story to tell.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Just saying I had a good and early sleep last night. Still woke up a zillion times, but went dozing again, lol. Dreamless. I'm grateful for that let me say, lol. I've enough internalized drama for now, lol.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Courage, all my best hopes and strengths for your friend and his team of brave expert mountaineers. Mt. Everest. Wow. That is something right there.

Thanks for sharing such an important real-life happening. Glad I'm part of the chorus of well-wishers for the team. Life is so beautifully tough and fragile all in the same moments. Wondrous adventure.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
p***enger

Thanks, Robby. The world doesn't stop hurtling through space just to let us catch a breath, does it?

I'm glad you got some sleep. It knits up the ragged sleeves.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Hi EndGame.

I'm happy to hear I'm not misbehaving.

Yes, it is a something to receive. And yet something more to give, imo. I think of you often, how you proactively give to accomplish the most good in the presented circumstances. I believe you have a well-tuned instinct, well earned while in your youth in your relationship building with your mother. You said as much in an earlier and recent post on AO's thread I believe. It is amazing how the young can, with varying results, integrate imagination into a morphed practicality to resolve certain dilemmas. I think such skills are serving you so very well with your sister in f2f life, and with your SR relationships here. I, one of many, certainly benefit from your clarity of vision and purpose. Thank you, friend.

Yes, I am too a believer we can eclipse our own limitations more than once or twice in our lifetimes. Indeed, we can several times over renew are finer tweaks to yet more effective collective experiences.