Notices

Bluebird journal

Old 04-22-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Not posted for a few days, sorting my head out I suppose. Depressed day today, generally feeling like rubbish, no inclination to drink as I know alcohol caused this depression. I wish I could remember the bad times when I'm starting to feel good :/
Old 04-22-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Bluebird1927 View Post
Not posted for a few days, sorting my head out I suppose. Depressed day today, generally feeling like rubbish, no inclination to drink as I know alcohol caused this depression. I wish I could remember the bad times when I'm starting to feel good :/
Have you thought about what you can do, recovery wise, to ensure you remain on the sober path? Repeating the same old thing will just give you the same old results--drinking.

And if you've thought about it, take it to the next step--doing it.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Lock myself in a dark room for months? In all seriousness, I need to either go to a meeting or my local church. I NEED spiritual support for sure.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

D
Old 04-24-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Just checking in pre weekend. I'm working tomorrow which means no chance of drink tonight. Had the usual, "do you want a drink this weekend texts from my mates".Even, what are you doing for the boxing next weekend texts. Answered honestly and said I am quitting alcohol, mixed responses, heard it before, man up. Just proves that no one understands how bad alcohol makes me feel but I have to be selfish and put myself and my recovery first. Have to keep reminding myself not to pick up that first drink. Got myself a sponsor, the gentleman who goes to the AA meetings. I am planning on going but in the meantime he's said to contact him whenever I feel necessary. All in all had a good first look at myself and my situation. Told myself some hard home truths and have been using the link Dee posted to set myself a strategy to deal with temptation. Have a happy, sober weekend everyone.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Have a good weekend BB
don't worry what your friends think, what is important is what you know about yourself.
Next time you think about that glass of whatever, go look at yourself in the mirror and remember what the last bad drinking episode was like.

How did you feel the next day or more likely the next few days.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Thank you Bloss, yes I need to be selfish. Week after the drink, it takes me that long to recover. I must keep reminding myself of that
Old 04-25-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Need to vent, feeling very low. Literally all of my friends are out and drinking in some shape or another, my girlfriend is out tonight which brings extra worry and stress. I've got a feeling it's going to be a long old night. I'm dropping my girlfriend and her mate to town and then planning a bath and a night stuffing myself full of pizza. Just needed to get it off my chest
Old 04-25-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Do your best

it might be a long night but its made easier with your sober friends around BB

Your not alone you might feel down but stay focused on the good your doing you got a sponser you can call because you took positive action

I read a lot in early sobriety i really liked the aa publication living sober made so much sense and the big book too but i read that second

I came to believe is another

if you want to chat feel free to pm
Old 04-25-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
it might be a long night but its made easier with your sober friends around BB

Your not alone you might feel down but stay focused on the good your doing you got a sponser you can call because you took positive action

I read a lot in early sobriety i really liked the aa publication living sober made so much sense and the big book too but i read that second

I came to believe is another

if you want to chat feel free to pm
I'm relaxing in aforementioned bath and enjoying the peace and quiet. I am reading, SR and other material. Thanks for your continued support
Old 04-26-2015, 12:06 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff BB
Old 04-26-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Tired this morning, never relax when night girlfriend is out drinking, alcohol never sits well with me even when I'm not drinking. She got in at 3am, doesn't do it often and I've done it more than enough times to her and we're talking 6, 7am. Seeing her drunk made me realise what I must be like but worse and it's horrible.

Anyway, off to the gym this morning then I feel an afternoon siesta coming on ha ha. Hope you all had a relaxing weekend
Old 04-27-2015, 11:33 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Monday done, easy when sober. Everything is easier sober, nothing feels like a struggle.

Got an issue to overcome, it's my best mates wedding soon, big drinker and there is a stag do to handle. Now, as you can imagine not going would be a big no no. So, I am going to have to go along and not drink. It's in a months time but as you can imagine it's already on my mind. Can I go along and not drink? Yes, will the temptation be massive? Yes. I've done it before though many times. I guess I'm just going to have to man up and do it again.

I know the advice will be, don't go, what's more important, answer, my sobriety is the most important thing but I can't let my best mate down. Any advice would be welcome.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:53 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi blue bird.. Don't really have advice about the stag do.. If i had to go id keep topping up the bar snacks and keep hydrated.. It'll keep you awake and fresh

However i was following your threads and just wanted to say thoroughly decent you seemed and good luck with all your efforts
Old 04-27-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Do your best

If your going to go then just know that no matter what you wont drink do your friends know why your not drinking ?
Old 04-27-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimdiGriz View Post
Hi blue bird.. Don't really have advice about the stag do.. If i had to go id keep topping up the bar snacks and keep hydrated.. It'll keep you awake and fresh

However i was following your threads and just wanted to say thoroughly decent you seemed and good luck with all your efforts
Thank you :-) Appreciate your kind words.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
If your going to go then just know that no matter what you wont drink do your friends know why your not drinking ?
I've mentioned it but they don't believe me (and I can't blame them)
Old 04-27-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Now, as you can imagine not going would be a big no no.
I can imagine not going...It's you who feels you must go. The wedding is the key event. Not going to that is a big No No. But the reception, the stag event, that's not mandatory. But it doesn't matter what I think. You think it's crucial, you think you'll be letting your mate down big time.

In the grand scheme of things, this stag event is a little drop in the bucket.

Perhaps if you stay sober for the coming month you'll have a different perspective. Or at least a better chance of staying sober.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post

I can imagine not going...It's you who feels you must go. The wedding is the key event. Not going to that is a big No No. But the reception, the stag event, that's not mandatory. But it doesn't matter what I think. You think it's crucial, you think you'll be letting your mate down big time.

In the grand scheme of things, this stag event is a little drop in the bucket.

Perhaps if you stay sober for the coming month you'll have a different perspective. Or at least a better chance of staying sober.
You're right, I know that. Either way, as you say, in a month I will be better equipt whatever decision I make.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I know the advice will be, don't go, what's more important, answer, my sobriety is the most important thing but I can't let my best mate down. Any advice would be welcome.
See bolded above - you already know the answer ;-)

Bachelor/Stag parties are one of the few events out there that I will not go to even with multiple years of sobriety under my belt. Why? Because they are specifically designed for drinking...that is really the only goal. And not just drinking, but trying to get as drunk as you possibly can. And not only that, but trying to coerce others into getting as drunk as they possibly can - even against their will. If sobriety is the most important thing in your life, you don't belong there. There are a lot of things you can do to support your friend without going - have a night out with him on your own. You'll be at the wedding, the reception, etc.