Notices

Bluebird journal

Old 04-16-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Doctor reckons the pins and needles could just be the way I'm sleeping, I'm a well built fella so he thinks I'm cutting off the blood supply to my arms. Took blood anyway to be sure.

Alcohol wise, drinking hasn't even crossed my mind. Still reading, praying, mediating though, keeping on top of any triggers and staying positive.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Bluebird the other day my shoulder was aching from the way i slept

Hopefully the pins and needles will fade glad you took bloodtests just in case

Great job on staying on top of your sobriety have a great day tomorrow friend
Old 04-18-2015, 03:01 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

It's with a heavy heart that I write this, got drunk last night. Tough week in work and that seemed the only way out. Angry angry angry with myself. Let myself down and all of you down. I noticed the triggers, I tried to stop but my mind was made up. I'm really at a loss where to go from here. It would seem 20 days is impossible for me to reach, some people would kill for one day, I know that. That's why I feel like such a fraud. I just can't seem to live a normal life without alcohol. I'm messaging my mate and I'm going to have to go to a meeting sharpish. Sorry for the long vent guys, I know I'm a let down and I'm sorry and thank each and every one of you for your support. Sorry
Old 04-18-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Happy, joyous, and free

Bluebird, it's happened to so many of us. Stop beating yourself up. I'm so glad to hear that you're going to a meeting. Blessings, Bluebird. Let us know how it goes.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

It's said we must learn from our relapses.

Originally Posted by Bluebird1927 View Post
I'm really at a loss where to go from here.
If you are at a loss, it might be that you fail to comprehend fully the problem you have with alcohol, and the solution. Objectively look back at what you've been doing for your sobriety. What has it been? A post every couple of days to SR and working out? Did you really think that was enough? It hadn't worked in the past. Nothing changes if nothing changes. I'm not sure I understand your "loss" of where to go. Do you lack the direction? Or the committment?

Can you in all honesty say you are fully committed to your recovery and doing everything in your power to attain it? I'm going to guess no, and if you put some thought on it, I think you can figure out what you need to do. You've been avoiding a number of options. Time to embrace what you've been fearing.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Self loathing over, not moping about it anymore. Thanks for all the support and straight talking. We go again.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:24 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Been lying awake since 1am, it's just passed five am and here I am again. It'll be different this time blah blah blah. Work in two hours and a long long day ahead. Just venting so no need for replies or sympathy. I've let down people on here who've been helpful to me, again so sympathy isn't what I need. A good kick up the arse is what I need.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:29 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry I missed this.

I have to say - I think you're really underestimating what it's going to take to stay sober.
Drinking will always be the easy option, at least for a while.

You need to have a little determination - a plan helps too
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...very-plan.html
Old 04-19-2015, 11:36 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Sorry I missed this.

I have to say - I think you're really underestimating what it's going to take to stay sober.
Drinking will always be the easy option, at least for a while.

You need to have a little determination - a plan helps too
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...very-plan.html
You are exactly right and thanks for the link :-)
Old 04-20-2015, 12:48 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bluebird1927 View Post
Isn't it strange how we know we're feeling good from not drinking but our mind tricks us into thinking, in that case drink. It'll be fine. Honestly, it's unbelievable at times. Fear not, no booze in the flat and I won't be drinking tonight. That's the main thing, nice sober sleep ahead.

My favourite quote I've seen so far, "life is never 100% but it's 100% better than when I was drinking".
Yes Bluebird ... I hate how our mind or AV tricks us into drinking when we are feeling so ..... I understand entirely ....
Old 04-20-2015, 01:19 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hey Bluebird, don't give up...
Do not take the first drink, no matter what your "voice" tells you...
The addiction wants the drink, no matter if it hurts you
Starve the addictive voice....don't give it the first drink
Alcohol is not your friend, it won't make a bad day better, down deep you know that, don't listen to the voice, shout it down, remember the urge to drink will return. Give up trying to drink one drink, it doesn't work. Don't take the first drink and you won't get drunk, just do it one day at a time. Take care
Old 04-20-2015, 01:41 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
It's said we must learn from our relapses.

If you are at a loss, it might be that you fail to comprehend fully the problem you have with alcohol, and the solution. Objectively look back at what you've been doing for your sobriety. What has it been? A post every couple of days to SR and working out? Did you really think that was enough? It hadn't worked in the past. Nothing changes if nothing changes. I'm not sure I understand your "loss" of where to go. Do you lack the direction? Or the committment?

Can you in all honesty say you are fully committed to your recovery and doing everything in your power to attain it? I'm going to guess no, and if you put some thought on it, I think you can figure out what you need to do. You've been avoiding a number of options. Time to embrace what you've been fearing.
Sorry I didn't give your post the proper recognition it deserved yesterday. I agree with everything you said and thank you.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:42 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bloss View Post
Hey Bluebird, don't give up...
Do not take the first drink, no matter what your "voice" tells you...
The addiction wants the drink, no matter if it hurts you
Starve the addictive voice....don't give it the first drink
Alcohol is not your friend, it won't make a bad day better, down deep you know that, don't listen to the voice, shout it down, remember the urge to drink will return. Give up trying to drink one drink, it doesn't work. Don't take the first drink and you won't get drunk, just do it one day at a time. Take care
Thank you very much :-)
Old 04-20-2015, 01:43 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Julie59 View Post

Yes Bluebird ... I hate how our mind or AV tricks us into drinking when we are feeling so ..... I understand entirely ....
And it did it again :/ Utterly baffles me.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

It used to baffle me too, then I admitted to myself I could not take a drink...I did not want one drink, the cycle repeated itself for far too many years, took a lot of bad things happening to finally end it. I hope you decide to not take the first drink, because it just gets worse as time goes on. But, it takes what it takes for each of us.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

It used to baffle me too, then I admitted to myself I could not take a drink...I did not want one drink, the cycle repeated itself for far too many years, took a lot of bad things happening to finally end it. I hope you decide to not take the first drink, because it just gets worse as time goes on. But, it takes what it takes for each of us.
Thank you. Its cost me my marriage, my house, I almost died (all this was in my really really bad drinking days) yet I still do it. I'm nowhere near that bad now but I know that slip is one bit of bad news away and it scares the crap outta me
Old 04-20-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

None of us can turn back time, what is done is done. All we can do today is the best for ourself and anyone associated with us. The best for me and I hope for you is to not take a drink today.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

None of us can turn back time, what is done is done. All we can do today is the best for ourself and anyone associated with us. The best for me and I hope for you is to not take a drink today.
Very true, I took a drink but a peppermint tea :-)
Old 04-20-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad your here Bluebird
Old 04-20-2015, 11:28 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Glad your here Bluebird
Thank you for your support, really appreciate it