Notices

Was that me...?

Old 01-17-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Was that me...?

O.k. so I had dinner with some co-workers including two that no longer work with me. One fellow (ex-coworker) showed up late and my guess is he had a few drinks before arriving. He waved a friendly hello to everyone and we were all happy to see him but right away he was loud. It became apparent to me after fifteen minutes the guy was already drunk and it was no use discussing anything with him. Another member in the group decided to leave maybe 45 minutes after he arrived. I took the opportunity to bow out as well. I don't think I'll join this group again if he's invited along again. This is he second time he's behaved this way and while some fine him amusing/interesting others don't.

He wasn't mean or necessarily rude but his behavior was obnoxious and after I left I thought to myself: Was I just as bad when I was drinking?

I used to down a few drinks before getting together with friends so I didn't trip too much on that. However, his obnoxious/loud behavior was a turn-off and I was probably the same.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh man, I must have been pretty obnoxious too. Nothing crazy but lots of over-emotional over-talking for probably too long about not much.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, I was. And not proud I might add
Old 01-17-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Ken33xx View Post
O.k. so I had dinner with some co-workers including two that no longer work with me. One fellow (ex-coworker) showed up late and my guess is he had a few drinks before arriving. He waved a friendly hello to everyone and we were all happy to see him but right away he was loud. It became apparent to me after fifteen minutes the guy was already drunk and it was no use discussing anything with him. Another member in the group decided to leave maybe 45 minutes after he arrived. I took the opportunity to bow out as well. I don't think I'll join this group again if he's invited along again. This is he second time he's behaved this way and while some fine him amusing/interesting others don't.

He wasn't mean or necessarily rude but his behavior was obnoxious and after I left I thought to myself: Was I just as bad when I was drinking?

I used to down a few drinks before getting together with friends so I didn't trip too much on that. However, his obnoxious/loud behavior was a turn-off and I was probably the same.
Man, sorry you don't have a sense of humor! What's wrong with YOU?!?! I was the life of the party......maybe YOU just don't realize how much fun I AM!!! Of course I got primed a little. That's when I am at my best!

In fact, maybe I won't show up next time and you'll miss out on all my clever, witty comments and jokes. Maybe you're the one who shouldn't come......

WOW, that was indeed me
Old 01-17-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I dont know about you, but yes, that was me. I was always loaded before the party.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Been there and got the T-Shirt!!
Old 01-17-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Unfortunatly yes
Old 01-17-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Had to save on the price of booze.

Let me emphasize the word "had". Past Tense
Old 01-17-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I always had to have At Least a bottle of wine before any socializing, plus my usual morning drinks. God only knows how stupid I was, so- Yes, that was probably me. Never again
Old 01-17-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by airwick View Post

Me too.

Used to have a few before going out to save money.

The guy at the dinner last night has a lot of drama going on in his life which is interesting. But it is difficult to discuss anything with someone already half in the bag. You can either listen as his conversation dominates the table or take off.

He showed up late and we'd pretty much already eaten so it was easy to bow out. Situations like that tend to get worse as more drinks are ordered.

Let the others deal with him.

My sister can be like that after she's been drinking and I've learned to say nothing or stay away.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by airwick View Post

Me too.

Used to have a few before going out to save money.

The guy at the dinner last night has a lot of drama going on in his life which is entertaining. But it is difficult to discuss anything with someone already half in the bag. You can either listen as his conversation dominates the table or take off.

He showed up late and we'd pretty much already eaten so it was easy to bow out. Situations like that tend to get worse as more drinks are order.

Let the others deal with him.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Years ago when I first started drinking, even then, I was so intent on not appearing that I was drinking more than everybody else, I would have a few strong ones before leaving the house. Twice I did this so quickly I ended up vomiting on the way to the event. Back then my tolerance was low so my body rejected that much so quickly. Yucky memories!
Old 01-24-2015, 01:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Done this too. Helps me to stay sober thinking about it.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
zjw

I was around a few like this at a party after sobering up. and I was offended and repulsed. you could get drunk off there breathes and they where acting like jackasses. I was very glad to leave and myself thought the same was I that bad? Yeah probably *sigh*.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Always drank before leaving the house for a party/get together. Used to tell myself it was just to 'get in the party mood'.

What a crock of bs. I was just unable to wait that extra hour or two, I had already known I was going to drink that night, I was already tense so any excuse was good enough to start early.
Wicked AV.