Old 11-21-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally - I've stopped (Long Post)

Well, after some of my previous posts (a re-cap):

* Face going red when drinking
* Bedwetting
* Sleeping in
* Fatigue

I still continued to drink (hard to believe, eh?) until last Wednesday 12 November, I woke up the next morning with a bad stomach ache. Ache may not be the right term... it was hard to describe. I almost felt constipated. It was in my epigastric region. Anyway, following being treated for constipation, I realized yesterday (Thur 20 Nov) that there's something else going on. I feared Acute Pancreatitis. Went to A&E and blood tests were run - everything normal!!! I was overwhelmed with happiness! Doctor felt my stomach and everything was fine, until he hit a tender spot - which he thinks is an ulcer

I had gastritis diagnosed in August by endoscopy, and he now thinks it's started to bleed! As well as the ulcer. We also had a chat about my drinking problem... He was probably the nicest Dr I've come across, but due to his role in an emergency department, he had to cut the conversation short.

It's been two days since I've had a drink...And it's tough. But he's given me chlordiazepoxide - has anyone had any experience with this? IT seems to be great so far, although I feel quite tired!

I know it may seem hard to believe, but here are some ways I feel better having been off the Demon Drink for just 48 hours:

* My stomach pain has eased considerably
* Appetite has increased
* (TMI) I found the alcohol seemed to give me diarrhea - now everything feels normal down there again!!
* My thinking seems clearer

But one thing I did notice is, I woke up this morning feeling hungover? Is that normal? It's impossible because I didn't drink last night?!

Sorry this post was so long!!

- Amoore658
Old 11-21-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey am658-

Good for you for stopping. I think as more time goes by, you'll find yourself feeling even better. I don't think we really realize how much excessive drinking can affect our health; from pains, to skin conditions, unhealthy weight, and much worse stuff, like liver issues.

You've done a smart thing by stopping, and your body will thank you dearly.

Lusher
Old 11-21-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Am im really glad you have stopped well done on 2days

we cant give medical advice but i would get the ulcer dealt with asap keep booking apts with doc

big well done Am
Old 11-21-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hey! sorry you are having a tough time. i took librium once when i quit. and then another time i took valium. both made me feel foggy. you can actually go into seizure and/or worse if you just quit and not get medical help. i would read everything you can about the librium/chlordiazepoxide. im glad you quit drinking and that you 'fessed up to your doctor about what is going on. hugs and hand in there!