Notices

I lasted a week...

Old 11-20-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I lasted a week...

I came home today and seen the movers moving my wife out. All I saw were my memeries of 26 yrs. of marriage being loaded on a truck. I gave in to the voices in my head and as I type this I am drunk. She is in her new home and I am alone here with my demons. I thank all of you who supported me in my quest to be sober but I have decided that being soberr is not for me. Mabey there are people out there like me that can't go through the ups and downs of life without something to take the edge off. I wish you all the best.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

sorry to hear that, it's never too late to turn your life around,

why give in to the bottle? the fact that you posted tells me you are not ready to quit on life.

why not start fresh - do this for yourself
Old 11-20-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This will only get much worse if you go back to drinking. I'm so sorry
Old 11-20-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I used to think I was hopeless too. I was sure I'd die a drunk. But now with almost five years sobriety, I know that wasn't real. It was my drunken sob story I kept telling myself. I know better now.

Don't give up. Living sober makes everything better. Please don't give up.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope you receive the comfort you need
Old 11-20-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zjw

Do what you wish but I would not recomend giving up. I'd recomend you keep trying becasue sooner or later it will stick. when your ready dust yourself off and get back on the wagon and fight the good fight. It will get easier.

I dont want to discount todays events for you I cant imagine what it must be like to be in your shoes and watching that happen. But there are folks out there who can and can help explain how to get through that sort of thing and remain sober.

Hang in there. I have a feeling you'll be back to sobriety.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Went through a similar situation with my wife last March. Take my word for it booze will not help with the pain. As a matter of fact it's gonna make it much worse. Please don't do what I did.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Never give up, never give in.............

Good luck, you're not alone with your demons, you have all of us!

stay tuned................
Old 11-20-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Please don't give up. You made it a whole week, dude! That's amazing. Stay here with us...we are here to support you during this tough time. You can do it.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 11-20-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Guess you showed HER, didn't you?

Dude, seriously. I get that you're sad, I get dealing with strong emotions without a drink is VERY difficult in early sobriety--TBH, that was the very hardest thing for me.

I'm hoping that after this little foray into self-pity is done, you will look around and realize this is NOT how you want the rest of your life to look. And that you will turn to others who HAVE navigated the difficulties to show you how you, too, can have a REAL LIFE. And you can.

The worst has already happened, in terms of what you feared, right? You're still alive. Your choice as to whether it is to be alive as a miserable drunk or as a happy, healthy, productive person.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Tried AA?
You are alone right now but it need not to be that way. Let others help you get sober.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

A recovery path will always be open to you.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, I can't imagine the pain you must be going thru.. I do know from personal experience that drinking to cope with loss and pain will only keep the wounds open and you will remain stagnant in this misery. I hope you wake up tomorrow and decide that you will not give up. You can be sober and happy but you have to fight.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I understand that lonely feeling.

When you get over her try to be sober again one day. And remember she has her demons too trust me...
Old 11-20-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I tried to quit many many times before I made it. I failed several times around the 7 day mark. Anyone here thats been through this knows it ain't easy.
I always learned from my failures. I think the first few weeks it's very important to plan ahead and do your best to avoid things you know are going to push you over the edge.
Yea,the movers was something that couldn't be avoided. But that ain't a reason to give up.
Tomorrow is a new day. You can live the rest of your life sober.
All you have to do is not pick up the first drink.
Just make up your mind and do it.

Fred
Old 11-20-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hoping you'll come back sb. We'll all be here if you want to give it another go. Drinking to take the edge off ends up backfiring. It took me many years to admit that. Sorry you are hurting - things can be good again if you never stop trying.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I can't say I wouldn't grab for the bottle too if I was in your situation. I would probably go on quite a bender in fact. Thing is, the pain would still be there. I would just be postponing it until I sobered up. I numbed myself for years like that. I found the best way to deal with my pain was to seek therapy. I have been in therapy for 10 months now and it's no coincidence that I have been sober for 10 months.

Hope you choose a different route to heal your pain other than the bottle.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:32 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Geez if my wife left me I would only have trouble deciding which of the thousand things on my bucket list to do first. Grabbing a drink would be the last thing on my mind!
Not saying it's not a bad turn of events for you but sobriety has taught me to always make the best out of a crappy situation, this too shall pass and things are only as bad as you perceive them to be. Let go and let god. Accept the things we cannot change. Live your life as no else will live it for you. Believe me things will turn out for the best if you have the right attitude and do the right thing. Booze is neither, it's just taking a loan out on misery, you have to pay it back with interest later on.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:12 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Todays a brand new day SB.

Drink on that pain and the wound will never heal...putting the bottle down is your best chance of moving on and finding future happiness, man.

Been there...believe me.
D