Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part IX: "Moo & Improved"

Old 11-08-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
I think I was a quacker in denial about my quacking. And I did a lot of self-quacking. Which is just plain pitiful.

Hello, kitty!

In denial of quacking? Add it to the list. I have found it hardest to shift through my own BS because I really believe that ****. I don't know how many times something has come out of my mouth and I think "hey I've been here before." The difference when I quit drinking was there is no plan B. This has to work and it has to work now.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Hello little kittycat, I remembers you. Of course you is welcome here and can be total honest, I mean, how else is there to be really. What is point to be anything else. Is bummer about you momma, but not let that be reason you not take care of own self, yes? I does believe cows and kittycats can be good sober companion, they both insouciant and tend toward the narcissistic.

Okay all the hens is quacking now, I so confuse. Maybe they go crazy if you not put rooster in hen house. I maybe allow D into Crones Club, but only if he follow Rules of Crone Club and plus also not riles them up with his phallic snacks with side of Ranch.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

It's been one sucky weekend for me, fellow hens. Guess I feel like quacking, squawking... or something along those lines. Shaking my tail feathers and all that. Ugh.

Job stress + PMS. Husband and I at each other's throats.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
I don't know how many times something has come out of my mouth and I think "hey I've been here before." The difference when I quit drinking was there is no plan B. This has to work and it has to work now.
Ah, yes. I know this feeling, Silentrun.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
I have found it hardest to shift through my own BS because I really believe that ****. ...... The difference when I quit drinking was there is no plan B. This has to work and it has to work now.
Yes & yes. I spin elaborate, elegant, fabulous storylines to explain my own f***-ed up behavior and the threads are 100% horsepiss.

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
It's been one sucky weekend for me, fellow hens. Guess I feel like quacking, squawking... or something along those lines. Shaking my tail feathers and all that. Ugh.

Job stress + PMS. Husband and I at each other's throats.
((Jennie)) SnarkMD prescribes 45 minutes of self-indulgence in a hot bath with your favorite tunes or an old familiar story, followed by 15 minutes meditation and gratitude.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

SJ, if you gonna go for his throat, maybe you take mountain lion for back up. Not can imagine having husband, or job, right now. PMS I not has to worry about, but I should advises you that if you still menstruating, we maybe has to kick you out of Crones Club. I sorry but rules is rules, see below. (I just kid, shhhh, we sneak you in.) Well I just gonna watch football today. Do ice/heat rotations on the shoulders/arms.
The crone is a an old woman, disagreeable, malicious, or sinister in manner, often with magical or supernatural associations that can make her either helpful or obstructing. The Crone is also an archetypal figure, a Wise Woman. She is marginalized by her exclusion from the reproductive cycle. As a character type, the crone shares characteristics with the hag.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

cow, that description is patriarchical! Crones are wise women! youve heard about how 60 is the new 40? Well! today's Crone is just an almost still blushing Maiden! I am not a hag! I have no warts (maybe a few barnacles here and there that get scraped off) and I am neatly groomed, tidy mani/pedied

I vote we sneak Kittycat in. And Dee too. For we are wise women.

love from LeeLee
Old 11-09-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
p***enger

Rather than asking for membership in the Crones Club, I think I'll be your self-appointed security officer and let everyone in regardless of sex, age, and shoe size --

-- the only qualification is a desire to stop drinking/using and a high level of terminal uniqueness.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Omnivore

Hi Cow and friends,

I have a tail of moo to tell. I fell in the hole. A few times over the last month. I have some really awful stuff going on with my wife. But that's no excuse. I had similar stuff with her before, when sober and dealt with it fine. I think my drinking is largely opportunistic. She drinks every day and I see it sitting there. I feel it calling me. I took a sip or two first and that was all. Then when something got bad and I got a pain in my guts from relationship trouble, I then drank more and more to make that pain go away for a while.

I'm not back to where I was before I quit but I can see I'm on my way there. Part of me really wants to stop trying and just let go and be that drunk person again. But not all of me. As much pain as there is from my wife, I still value her respect and want to be sober to have that respect. I want to do it for my kids too. I want to be sober for my own health and well being. But when I feel that awful pain in my gut and see the quick fix there handy to make it go away, I reach for it.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:41 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hey, walk; sorry to hear that things are difficult for you.

My husband is a light and normal drinker but the alcohol is always around my home, too. Acceptance that alcohol had nothing good to offer me was and remains key in not picking up; it took a while to get to that point and I feel fornyou. I hope you can listen to the part of you that wants to be healthy and respected.

Have you and your wife considered counseling?
Old 11-09-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Omnivore

Yes SL we tried that. I also am going to my own and that has some hope. It is why I was able to quit at all for a while.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Glad that you posted; lean on your SR buds; we are here for you.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:37 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Cow, I check up on moo, too.

Have a song...

Old 11-09-2014, 12:42 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
p***enger

Schweet turkle!
Old 11-09-2014, 12:48 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Darn, I can't open the link in trach's post.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:58 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
p***enger

Try this Lenina: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmoXCTPdBEE
Old 11-09-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

try this The Black Crowes - Sometimes Salvation (Official Music Video) [720p] - YouTube
Old 11-09-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Trach! How you doin'?

WB4R, I not know what to say about marriage problem, I always been a runner. And that probable for best cuz I always pick worst possible mens. But what we all know is that the booze only ever make any situation worse, even if it masquerading as making it better, yes? You and you wife gonna has to face state of your union sooner or later.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I'm good. And Moo?

Have another from the last good southern rock band

Old 11-09-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Thanks, guys; got it!!!!