Notices

bad day drug myself to a meeting

Old 10-23-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zjw

bad day drug myself to a meeting

I had a bad day the usual. my job etc.. I'm trying to find some other work but no luck. Anyhow my wife kept poken at me to go to a meeting. its too late i've been sick for over a week the last thing i wanna do is drag myself to a meeting.

I finally go. Topic is the second and 3rd step and higher powers and such. I figure well this is a topic i know a thing or 2 about. I painfully shared. no not that it was hard for me to share per say but I had a bad day i didnt wanna be there and frankly i didnt feel like given squat! but i kept feeling like i was being pushed and pushed to share. so finally I thought UGG i'll share my 2 cents I'll give something here maybe someone needs to hear what i need to say. I didnt want to share why? because it didnt help me! self serving i know. I new it would not change the fact that i had a crummy day and i hated my job so i didnt wanna share.

I shared anyhow I reached deep to share for everyone elses sake not mine. I walked away realizing that ya know part of my issue with my problems these days is each day I gotta start over each day I gotta look at those steps again each day I might have to turn some problems over to my higher power instead of letting them get the best of me like they almost did tonight.

After the meeting the guy who's always chairing the meeting and has been a while came over to me and thanked me for what i said etc.. said it meant a lot etc.. He really seemed pretty stinken sincere and i've shared before I dont think he was BS'ing.

Anyhow I hope my day tommorrow is better But there ya have it i drug myself to meeting when i didnt want to all i wanted to do swas be a bump on a log and be angry at the world and again I walked away feeling a tiny bit better.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you went zjw

D
Old 10-23-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
Anyhow I hope my day tommorrow is better But there ya have it i drug myself to meeting when i didnt want to all i wanted to do swas be a bump on a log and be angry at the world and again I walked away feeling a tiny bit better.
Well there you have it.

Thanks for posting because 'feeling a tiny bit better' is very hopeful. My day was rotten as well. The kind of day where I put in a lot of effort, feel lousy, and am not sure that it even offered the world anything.

Tomorrow is a new day zjw. May the shine keep shining even a tiny bit longer for you

Old 10-23-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Candid post, thanx for sharing it friend!
Old 10-24-2014, 01:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good on ya, friend.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah sometimes you know what to do to feel better but you just dont wanna. I'm not one to stew in my own nonsense willingly anyhow. but theres been a few instances latly where I willingly wanted too. In my head I new what would help but no i wanted to remain bitter. Course most times i'm just stuck in a rut but being an idiot when you got a clear pathway out of the misery is simply stupid.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
zjw

well life at work is going south really fast again now today at work as well. I'll try and take what was discuss last night at that meeting and turn it over to god. I really have no answers here and all this stuff does is make me worry and freak out and feel awful. My hands are tied. I dont wanna give my family leftovers again today after another crummy day at the job.

I guess i'll just ignore these problems its in gods hands nothing i can do. I'd honestly like to turn in my resignation. I cant stomach this anymore. But that wont feed my family so since my hands are tied and nothing i can do I'll just sit here and pray that god works this all out for me.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sometimes a "tiny bit better" is very huge, especially if you were in a downward spiral before the meeting and are now heading upwards, regardless of how small of an incline. The differences between those 2 destinations can be light years.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zjw

I cant let these problems with my job get me again. I gotta hang on to my happiness. Stuff is burning down all around me now at work problems and I have 0 solutions my hands are tied and I feel so trapped. Thats the negative.

I'm going to not focus on it. some really bad stuff is happening if i dont fix it it could cost me my job very easily. But I have 0 solutions and I dont want to sit here in a pit of worry and misery. So i turned it over. I"m done with it. I'm ignoreing it and going to focus on stuff that keeps me happy instead.

Looking for another job. There really just is nothing out there. I found the perfect job got totally excited looked at the pay its less then half what i make now and quite honestly criminal for what there asking of the individual. Oh well I'm gonna keep looking.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good luck zjw