Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part VII: "This Is the End?"

Old 09-15-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Olive,
you could move to Saskatchewan: no time changing there.
are there states in the US that keep the same time all year long?
Old 09-15-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Fini, yes, Arizona does not change times. the city of Indianopoiis in Indiana does not but the rest of the State of Illnois does, I think I remember. There might be one other but I can't remember.

I am very rarely late, either Olive.

Love from Lenina
Old 09-15-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Cow,
let's remember that we're all walking into the sunset of death.
for some reason, i like to point this out when i hear people say things like:"i might die" or "if i die at some point..." or "i'm probably gonna die sooner or later..."
i understand emotionally that it's different if it's closer-seeming, or more drastically NOW, apparently, and that this reaction must relate to pushing away the reality somehow of death really happening and being the inevitable end result...because we all KNOW this but don't, it seems.

and i will apologize for posting the poem, which was disregarding your specific wish for no advice and no encouragement. because the poem is both, of course.

but just as "even if you are not ready for day it cannot always be night" this is so while you're/we are alive, so you will always be getting from A to B. every second.
you can't ever stay on A; not possible.

glad to hear you're finding some measure of solace here.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Fini, yes, Arizona does not change times. the city of Indianopoiis in Indiana does not but the rest of the State of Illnois does, I think I remember.
Arizona my former state proudly defies the scourge of daylight savings time! And Indiana is just plain wacky -- there are a couple of corners of Indiana on Central time, and the rest is Eastern. And then until 2006 it was on a county-by-county basis I think whether to do daylight savings time. It used to be you could drive around inside Indiana and hit 3 time zones in one trip.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

hmmm, I guess time can be a purely subjective sorta thing. I know! Let's all get sucked into the mire of space/time continuum! spin some string theory. I think we've had that very discussion here before. me? I like to spin. Webs. we are the Weavers. We are the Web.

since we are discussing Life and Death and not giving any advice.

Love from Lenina
Old 09-15-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I think I'm with Cow. I think it'll be preferable to sit here and die. Regardless of how much life I have left, I'm willing to squander it for the mess of my past.

NO!

My past was not that bad. I built factories. I made jobs for tens of thousands of people all over the world. I MADE A DIFFERENCE.

We ALL have. We've made differences in the lives around us. When we stop trying to make differences WE DIE.

Screw the mistakes, screw the addictions, we have and can make a difference.

GET UP!
Old 09-15-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Crap these Cow threads move fast! I think you may have been on to something about time in post #39 Lenina when you said time only matters when you don't have enough of it. Oh I feel my Telomeres shortening as we type.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
p***enger

Lenina, re this:
Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
I spent time in the sleep lab about 20 years ago. It's my brain! They found it and everything!
My husband has what they call nocturnal episodic wanderings. They’re like epileptic seizures in his sleep, at the brain wave level. Is that what you have? They’re quite intense!

Cow, here’s a link to my cow post: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4900743

And re this from you yesterday, before you go thinking we all just like you because of your entertainment value:
Originally Posted by Cow View Post
issues fade into background as people gravitates to Cow’s most positive and entertaining characteristic –my humor. It most enjoyable aspect of Cow
I personally have never found you particularly funny. No offense, just not my style. Humor has not been why I’ve kept tuning in. I believe I tune in because I sense something in your posts that desperately wants my attention, and though I can do so little, I can give that much. Any time, sweetheart.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
p***enger

Silentrun, the new avatar is either unfathomably sick & twisted, or not. I like it!
Old 09-15-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
pray for strength

SR is talking about this, which she never gonna forgives me for posting cuz we both total disturb by it ever since. The Last Lions - Lioness leaves her cub - YouTube Warning: not watch unless you need really good cleansing cry.
Yes, Cow. I took your challenge posed in Robby's thread and watched the documentary clip all the way through, albeit muted. The entire clip is now burned in my mind's eye - and did contribute to a much needed, long awaited cleansing cry (for an analogous story line in life). So thanks.

So, I saw massage healer today. She say my liver is "resigned" and that she see very wide road line with trees that end in horizon of very blue sky.
Sounds like France!

Thanks for coming back. The turtle's baying and howling at the moon was taking on a fevered pitch that was almost impossible to ignore

Old 09-15-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Cow what do you think of this.
Freaky Physics Experiment May Prove Our Universe Is A Two-Dimensional Hologram
I came across it looking for this freaky article I read about advances in medicine.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by LeTheVerte View Post

Thanks for coming back. The turtle's baying and howling at the moon was taking on a fevered pitch that was almost impossible to ignore

At least SOMEONE noticed.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Alright Cow I found it. Submitted for your approval
The World In 2050 - Business Insider
Old 09-15-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I know what Cow needs.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:46 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Cow, I don't know what you need. I can't do anything but tell you to fight to stay alive. You fight to live. I'm almost dead myself. It's autumn, right?

Old 09-15-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Silent run, thanks for the article. Interesting. Something to think about and meditate on.

Trach, I did notice you were baying. I rather enjoyed it. But then, I run with a weird crowd.

Yes, the nocturnal wanderings are something to do with seizures. Sadly, the anti seizure meds gave me terrible side effects. It's thought the sleep walking happens mostly when Im extra stressed and extra fatigued. My brain doesn't stay in the restorative sleep stage long enough to heal my body. This brain activity is thought to be related to chronic pain disorders like rheumatoid arthritis. A chicken or egg thing.

Courage. I actually like the hanging man tarot card. I'm sure you understand the meaning?

Cow, I do remember when I was in that stage of not caring if I lived or died. I actually got a lot done in that "don't give a poop" state. I did some scary stuff that I probably wouldn't have otherwise. maybe I made a difference in a few lives. I hope I did.

I don't really care if I live long, I just want it to matter that I passed this way. I am scared I'll reincarnate f'ed up. Believe it or not, this fear drove my sobriety for a long time. my version of that what ya call it wager. The Void or ?? I'd prefer the Void but wonder....in any case, I can't control then. Just Now.

This probably makes no sense. I'm not a good writer and express myself poorly. I'm much better in person. maybe? LOL

love from Lenina
Old 09-15-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Wait.

This is not our thread.

This is Cow's thread.

We are trampling on it.

Cow?
Old 09-15-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

Pshaw...I think you write goodly Lee Lee
D
Old 09-15-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

(((((DeeDee)))) Thank you! Many hugs to you.

For those who do not know the Tarot card....here's an explanation. It's a very fitting card. Hope our Bunny doesn't mind.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_H...an_(Tarot_card)

Trach, I don't think we are trampling Cows thread. You never know what might reach someone who is struggling.

XXOO LeeLee
Old 09-15-2014, 09:08 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I was just sitting there working on another link of music for another thought I had about Cow's thread when I realized I should stop.