Notices

Crash and Burn after 2 decades

Old 08-19-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

To paraphrase the book, what we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition, living in steps 10,11 & 12. This is what the book means by recovered. You were doing this for many years so according to the book, you were recovered.

Then, it seems, you stopped doing the things that were keeping you in that state, some other factors came into play, and you found yourself without an effective defence, and you were overwhelmed. This could happen to any of us. Ebby told Bill about this right at the start. Roughly, if a man failed to perfect and enlarge his spriritual life through self sacrifice and service to others, he would not survive the CERTAIN trials and low spots that lay ahead.

The solution is to get back on the spiritual path. You now have even more valuable experience which can help others.

I don't agree with, nor do I see any point in what those old timers have been telling you. They are not a great example of what the program is about.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

20 years thats a long time the most I ever got was four years now I have four days. I say you were recovered think of Bill Wilson in the BB he had a spiritual exsperience but later in the book it talks about him almost drinking in a bar but he turned his thoughts towards others and ask GOD for help when I relapsed a year and a half ago my thoughts weren't towards others and I was mad at GOD and I started relapsing. I say you were recovered but what we really have is a daily repreave based on are spiritual fitness I didn't remain spiritually fit for over a year and a half and had a selfish program so whats the bb say alcohol is a subtial foe and the bb on page 85 resting on your laurels is what I did so AA work for me and the warnings in the bb I chose to ignore I'm not saying you did Im just talking about what I did.