Notices

Fire away

Old 08-02-2014, 01:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fire away

Feeling really sad right now. I just want to drink. I dont come here that often anymore, but i really need you guys today. C'mon people, hit me with your best shot. You know what to do.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you know what to do too RQ.
You've already been down the drinking road. It leads nowhere and solves nothing.

I don't know whats making you sad but I'm willing to bet you'll feel better in a day or two.

If you drink you may not feel better for weeks, if not months.

There's a lot of support here. If you want to give us more details maybe we can help?

D
Old 08-02-2014, 01:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

RocketQueen, you are FANTASTIC, rootin for ya.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's so easy to think that booze will make the sadness dissapear. It's not going to. Drinking anything when you're in that frame of mind is just going to increase those feelings. When you wake up you are going to feel even worse. 100 times worse. It's just not worth it. I'm sorry you're feeling sad and feeling overwhelmed by it. But you can cope with this pain without alcohol. That Nasty,stinky poison is not what you want right now.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

In my experience alcohol doesn't seem to fix much, it only makes things worse.

You only want that drink to numb those feelings, but what about the next time and then the next time? because life is always going to have ups and downs.

I blurred many years away in a haze of alcohol, but that approach isn't a long-term strategy to dealing with life, we have to find an alternative!!

You can do this!!
Old 08-02-2014, 02:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dunno why I feel so sad, D. Just lonely I guess. Haven't had a visitor since I moved into my new place and my daughter is at her dads for the weekend. Plus, I can't get my hair to sit straight lol. I must be PMSing hardcore right now. Got the whole fkit attitude going on.

Just poured myself a wine glass full of cranberry juice. Looks good, but it's just not the same.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Drinking's never what it's cracked up to be in our minds.
You won't regret the cranberry juice tomorrow morning tho

Can you think of something nice and non-alcoholic to do tomorrow?

D
Old 08-02-2014, 02:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RocketQueen View Post
Just poured myself a wine glass full of cranberry juice. Looks good, but it's just not the same.
That's a good thing.

They do recommend using different glasses by the way.

I do understand. I stopped pouring my drinks into wine glasses after my first slip.

It's also Ok for you to feel lonely. Can you spend this quiet time reading a self-help book, something on alcoholism?

A few months ago you were under huge stress....isn't it nice just to have some downtime? Enjoying your own company without drinking is part of being sober. :/
Old 08-02-2014, 02:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
They do recommend using different glasses by the way.
I actually did know that, and knew someone was going to bring that up lol.

I did think about it as I was pouring, but my fkit attitude kicked in, and I figured it was better than filling it with wine. Dangerous? Possibly. That said, I never drank my wine out of a wine glass anyway, so the association isn't really there.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

And yes, enjoying your own company is part of being sober, but in the year and 3/4 of being sober, I'm sick and tired of being alone.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Looks good, but it's just not the same.
The same as what? the fun and happiness that a glass of wine would create? alcohol at the end of the day doesn't create happiness or solve loneliness it just let's us escape from our reality!!

The problem though is the same reality wakes us up the next morning and nothing will have changed, it's not the quick fix our minds tell us it is!!
Old 08-02-2014, 03:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I actually did know that, and knew someone was going to bring that up lol.

I did think about it as I was pouring, but my fkit attitude kicked in, and I figured it was better than filling it with wine. Dangerous? Possibly. That said, I never drank my wine out of a wine glass anyway, so the association isn't really there.
Neither did I.

I used wine glasses when out though. I was an alone drinker at home, however.

I still think the association is there. You said so yourself, the red cranberry isn't the same as wine.

Maybe some volunteering would keep you busy on a Saturday night?
Old 08-02-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Hi RQ. Your doing great. You know the emotional rollercoaster drill. The second year is so much easier don't you think?
Old 08-02-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yeah, I only drank premixed drinks when out. Wine was my last resort drink at home, and by that stage I was drinking straight out of the bottle, or grabbed the nearest glass I could find. I don't think we even ever owned wine glasses back then :/ But you're right, there is some sort of association there. After all, they aren't called "WINE" glasses for nothing, and there was a reason I used one tonight rather than a normal glass.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
Hi RQ. Your doing great. You know the emotional rollercoaster drill. The second year is so much easier don't you think?
Definitely easier but even though the struggles are less, they're still there waiting to rear their ugly heads.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You don't drink! So...that opens many other doors--walking, running, cleaning the basement, making a sandwich, dusting the ceiling fans, cleaning that kitchen floor, calling my sister, mowing that grass, calling that sponsor, ....oh, sorry (MY list ; )
Old 08-02-2014, 06:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Lonely, daughter not there...time to do rocket queen stuff. Go somewhere where people congregate: a park, coffee shop, museum.

Not to long ago your situation was dire. Now things seem better. Not that that is supposed to carry you through the rest of time happy. But when you put things in perspective, you have no reason to be drinking and a lot to be thankful for.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

RocketQueen, you don't want to pick up the first drink because it probably won't be the last. You've been working to start a sober life. Free of hangovers, embarrassing actions, broken promises and letting alcohol define you. You don't want to go back to the place that got you here in the first place. Can you call a friend and go out window shopping and stop for ice cream? Or find something you enjoy to distract you till the loneliness goes away?
Old 08-02-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

DGC - Very very true. The second part of your post is EXACTLY what i needed to hear. I've been wallowing in self pity all day and I never stopped to smell the roses. Thank you.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Don't be so hard on your self.. things will change if you let them..
Be good..