Notices

I feel blessed

Old 07-29-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cat Lady

I'm so early in my recovery but I have a great boyfriend who supports me in every step that I take. I feel like he's taken on the role of my sponsor. He doesn't have a drinking problem at all but hasn't touched alcohol in who knows how long. He'd just rather drink Mountain Dew. Lol He's planned out things that he knows I enjoy doing, like playing chess, taking walks, going to parks outside of the city where I can take my cat on a walk etc. He makes sure I do those things when I'm feeling down. I live with him too so it makes it perfect that it's a no alcohol household. I'm also happy I found this message board. Everyone here is so helpful and kind. I'm looking forward to a sober future! I'm excited actually! Just a happy post! Hope everyone has a fabulous Tuesday!
Old 07-29-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Aw. That is so nice!

Wait. Your cat goes on walks...in public? I can't get past the harness and leash in the house. It becomes cat-flat-on-floor
Old 07-29-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Cat Lady

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Aw. That is so nice! Wait. Your cat goes on walks...in public? I can't get past the harness and leash in the house. It becomes cat-flat-on-floor
Haha yeah he's a strange boy. He's almost 11 months now. He's a ragdoll cat. I feel a bit bad for not rescuing a cat but my dad is a ragdoll fanatic and bought me a Raggie for Christmas.

Ragdolls have a very dog like demeanor though. It's quite cute. He loves walking around in the grass. We have to take him outside of the city though because he thinks everyone and everything loves him. He'd go up to a rabid dog walking down the street and try to make friends if he could! He has no fear of cars either.

They get huge though!! The males top out at 20 lb!!!

My Henry is around 13ish lb currently. Still a growing bundle of sunshine!

Lol if you can't tell... I'm a bit of a cat lady hahaha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-2884447625.jpg (78.9 KB, 108 views)
Old 07-29-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds great Rosie!! You can do this!!
Old 07-29-2014, 10:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

That's excellent that you have such good support from your BF, and your cat seems like a very interesting fellow too!
Old 07-29-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's lovely. I'm so glad you are getting on okay. Keep up the positivity!
Old 07-29-2014, 10:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh, I understand now. Rags are the best of the best. My little tortie, not so understanding.

I will rescue all the cats for you.

Ugh. No, I won't. I've rescued four of them so far. I'm down to two. Two at a time is enough.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My kind of thread....gratitude, sobriety and CATS!
Old 07-29-2014, 11:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zjw

he sounds like someone who knows how to beat addictive habits / behaviors etc.. Your lucky you have him your probably even luckier that you appreciate and are greatful for having him!

lot of people have no one. or have someone whos not helpful. or they got the greatest person in the world but fail to see it and would prefer to demonize the person instead etc..

I dunno sounds to me like your able to see the good things in life and latch on to them. Thats something I have to be mindful of myself it is not something that comes easy to me.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Rosie,
I'm another one....alcoholic who loves her cats. I also live in a sober home. Both my husband and our son are recovering alcoholics. I was the last hold out. Your post was so upbeat & positive. We have a Maine Coon and a mixed breed...just love the photo you shared.
Bobbi