Notices

litmus test for recovery

Old 07-29-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Oh lighten up. Not everything in sobriety has to be so serious. Live, love, laugh
Me? I'm usually chastised for my sophomoric humor. I do laugh a lot…when things are actually funny.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Me? I'm usually chastised for my sophomoric humor. I do laugh a lot…when things are actually funny.
I don't think this thread is funny at all, but I do think that it's gone miles and miles past the turnoff where it was relevant to the spirit of SR, and that being helping others get sober. It's boiled down to a personal grudge match with each side either touting the superior nature of their program, or attempting to shoot holes in the program of others. And I know that once this thread dies down, another will pop up in it's place, and then another, and then another, etc. But frankly it really gets old after a while.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
quat

Anyone remember the old Steve Martin routine "How to have a million dollars and not pay taxes"?

"First, get a million dollars.."
Old 07-29-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I don't think this thread is funny at all, but I do think that it's gone miles and miles past the turnoff where it was relevant to the spirit of SR, and that being helping others get sober. It's boiled down to a personal grudge match with each side either touting the superior nature of their program, or attempting to shoot holes in the program of others. And I know that once this thread dies down, another will pop up in it's place, and then another, and then another, etc. But frankly it really gets old after a while.
Just another example of how we are all different, because I've found this thread to be highly amusing.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Me, I think a have a more sophistamucated humor palate, I'm more partial to fart and dick jokes.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:43 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Administrator

I removed some posts.
It's safe to say this thread has clearly run it's course.

4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.

It is also our policy not to allow threads that are purely to announce that you are unhappy here and "leaving the site'" or to post threads discussing why someone left or was banned. Such posts often detract from our purpose of providing support in recovery. Posts of this nature may be removed and continued posting of this nature could jeopardize your membership. If you wish to “leave” SR or just take a break from the site you are welcome to notify your friends via the Private Message feature.

Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.
Dee
SR