Notices

New here and could use some advice

Old 07-24-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AudreyH View Post
Its not that Im stuck on labels..
I didn't mean that as a criticism. I was just saying if alcohol consumption causes you grief it is best to stop drinking. Life is better for me now that I don't drink.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ru12 View Post
I didn't mean that as a criticism. I was just saying if alcohol consumption causes you grief it is best to stop drinking. Life is better for me now that I don't drink.
It does cause me grief, it makes hard situations even worse and I develop new problems I never had in the first place because of it. We all deserve better then what alcohol gives to us.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
quat

I self identify as a nondrinker , and according to the rules I proscribed/subscribe to, I'm fine with that.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Audrey, you can stop drinking and you can take your power back in your relationship with your mother. One day at a time, live in this moment.

The not drinking gets much easier after a month or so. Hang in there.

The mom thing? Been there, moved 3000 miles away, limited my contact to when she was being reasonable, told her, "Mom, I'm not having this discussion," when she wasn't.

She didn't change - I did.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Audrey, you can stop drinking and you can take your power back in your relationship with your mother. One day at a time, live in this moment.

The not drinking gets much easier after a month or so. Hang in there.

The mom thing? Been there, moved 3000 miles away, limited my contact to when she was being reasonable, told her, "Mom, I'm not having this discussion," when she wasn't.

She didn't change - I did.
Im hanging on, today I will not drink. And if I have take it moment by moment I will. Its good to know there are people who you can talk too. Im not into going to meetings or anything like that, its just not me. Ill work on going 30 days, I made it half way now to just keep plugging along and keep pushing.