Notices

Sharing.

Old 07-20-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

Sharing.

Again, not sure if this is the right thread area but I'm going to post here anyway. Tomorrow morning, I will be spending my first EVER and last EVER three days in jail due to my addiction to alcohol. I had a DUI. This is my punishment. I'm terrified too death but I know this must be done because these are the consequences. I've never hurt anyone except myself. I only blame myself and this horrible disease. However, it's a constant disease I will fight for the rest of my life.

So, I wanted to share that tidbit about myself. I know three days aren't THAT bad and it COULD BE a LOT WORSE, but still... I'm terrified, and will not know what to expect. I will get through this. I will be strong. All I ask is please send your prayers and forgiveness my way. I haven't been able to sleep for days because of these three days.

Talk to you all Thursday morning when I'm home. Who knows if I'll be the same woman I am right now. You never know who you will meet within.

xoxo Zana
Old 07-20-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thoughts are with you Zana!! You can get through this and then put it behind you!!
Old 07-20-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
LDT

(((Zanabanana))) .... Sending prayers and hugs. I've been where you are. You can do it . Spend those 3 days in prayer and meditation, and forming your game plan for when you get out. Three days will go by more quickly than you might think.

Peace.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

It's boring, the clothes are ugly, and the food sucks. Still, you should clean your plate as there won't be any snacks. While they're processing you in, ask if you can get a book from their collection if they won't let you bring one. They sometimes let you bring your own bible. You probably won't have time to get in the rhythm of the schedule in just three days. Relax, don't panic, you aren't going to die from this.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

3 days ain't bad. Use the time to think about how you will change your life on the outside. Good luck, and see you on the other side.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes Zana - I hope it won't be too bad, and you'll have a clean slate at the end

D
Old 07-20-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zanabanana View Post
Who knows if I'll be the same woman I am right now. You never know who you will meet within.

xoxo Zana
I'm going with a wiser, more compassionate, more determined woman.
Why not? You and only you get to determine the meaning behind it.

Looking at it any other way will serve no purpose other than beating you down further. Nothing good will come from that.

When sh*t hit my fan the only thing I could see to do was just be humble, remorseful, forgive myself and then move on to what works about this experience. I had plenty of experience with the self loathing. That got me nowhere.

Hang in there.
xoxo back at ya
Old 07-24-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

Thank you everyone for your wonderful, encouraging words and advice. I am FINALLY home. The first two days went pretty quick because I slept for most of the time. I was in a holding block the "drunk" tank the entire time. No windows. No books. Nothing to do but sit and think. I was in solidarity. Food sucked. I rarely ate. I brought a gallon of water with me so when I was released I drank the heck out of that. They never turned off the lights in this place. It was small, and gross. I have a headache now because I think I slept too much.

Oh well... it's done. It's over with. I can move forward. I made plenty of times to do what needs to be done for my future. That is NOT where I want to be again. It was miserable. I'm just soooo glad it's over.

Again, thank you for your warm support. I appreciate every single one of you.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad you're out. Been there it is no fun.

What are you going to do to stay sober? I saw this:

I only blame myself and this horrible disease. However, it's a constant disease I will fight for the rest of my life.
It doesn't have to be a fight. AA has shown me and others how to give up booze without a fight. Booze won - there is no rematch. This is what AA calls surrender. This is the first paradox of AA - we surrender to win.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zanabanana View Post
Thank you everyone for your wonderful, encouraging words and advice. I am FINALLY home. The first two days went pretty quick because I slept for most of the time. I was in a holding block the "drunk" tank the entire time. No windows. No books. Nothing to do but sit and think. I was in solidarity. Food sucked. I rarely ate. I brought a gallon of water with me so when I was released I drank the heck out of that. They never turned off the lights in this place. It was small, and gross. I have a headache now because I think I slept too much.

Oh well... it's done. It's over with. I can move forward. I made plenty of times to do what needs to be done for my future. That is NOT where I want to be again. It was miserable. I'm just soooo glad it's over.

Again, thank you for your warm support. I appreciate every single one of you.
Not a mention of a plan, not a single mention. Got some great advice to clean your plate - you slept to make the time go by. Thoughts without action are just thoughts. I hope for your sake and the next person you might maim in a DUI that you form a plan.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

I have a plan, jdooner. That's all I do is plan but plans never seem to work out so I stopped making them for the long future ahead of me. That's why I gave that up, and instead I'm taking just one day at a time. I have my sponsor. We've made goals for me to start attending AA meetings regularly. I can only take one day at a time. That's all I can do right now.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

One day at a time zana, thats a great plan. Don't drink today.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Zana - I'm so glad you made it through that frightening time. I know how relieved you are. As you said, this never has to happen again. I'm glad you're here with us.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

I'm glad I'm here too.