Notices

Strange drinking and drugging dream

Old 07-19-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Strange drinking and drugging dream

i had a dream recently where i was so drunk and high..that i blacked out in my dream..the next day i'm walking around..all these people either comforting me or giving me a dirty look...a whole group of people took me in like something really bad happened and i could barley remember any of them..at my house I had all this strange merchandise i couldn't remember buying. bootleg dvds and stuff

i never blacked out in real life

the worst thing about this dream was that there was this impending state of psychosis in my dream...I became more and more confused and disabled as the dream went on. I really thought i was going schizo...i really felt it

for the last 4 years or so i've been having this reuccuring dream of of having schizophrenia...i don't know what it comes from..but i can tell you it's a really horrible dream..i woke up last time sweating bullets..it's a very convincing dream
Old 07-19-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you on any meds or sleeping pills? (Sorry to ask a personal question). I take trazodone as a sleeping aid, and I often have dreams of paralysis and being very uncomfortably high on something.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Can you write it out? That helps me a lot when I have bad dreams.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Are you on any meds or sleeping pills? (Sorry to ask a personal question). I take trazodone as a sleeping aid, and I often have dreams of paralysis and being very uncomfortably high on something.
no sleeping meds..actually on antibiotics now..ate a a few pieces of pie before bed and sometimes that can trigger night terrors..so maybe it can trigger these dreams too
Old 07-19-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Probably. I have noticed with myself that once I get a really disturbing dream, I will ponder it afterward--then the next thing you know, I have a similar one a week later. I think that often just by considering them and worrying about them, we plant them in our minds.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry about the frustrating experience, Cabo... but it's interesting! In dreams, the exact symbols and narrative are very often do not mean what they say literally. Or our minds speak to us in vague, indirect ways.

I also tend to have recurring dreams - there are the kinds that I'm very familiar with as they have had the same symbols for decades. And there are the kinds that seem to be repeating themselves (of course with some variety in them as well) during specific phases, then they disappear.

I've had all sorts of "mental illnesses" in my dreams... I believe because mental illness is a subject area that have always interested me, I think about it a lot, and also work on these problems. Also drugs: for example, about a month ago I had a series of dreams where I was always using marijuana, in all sorts of ways. They were pretty sophisticated stories. And I really dislike using pot myself, have not tried more than ~5 times and had pretty negative experiences with it each time. But I do research on it, so it's always on my mind

I also often have dreams where the "experience" is something that really terrifies me in waking life. Yours sounds a bit like that, the drinking part definitely, not sure about your thoughts of psychosis and the like. Maybe the schizophrenia thing is something you had been exposed to in some ways, just don't remember because it's blocked from your consciousness for some reason?

Something I used to dream about a lot, and still do occasionally (but it has a very different storyline and feeling now): my deceased mother. I had some of the most horrible nightmares involving "her" and it all started after her death. I was really puzzled as consciously, awake, I did not have such strong feelings about her, not at that point in my life. Much more a state of indifference. But then those dreams...
I figured it out for me pretty well in a series of lucid dreaming exercises, it was pretty fascinating. I think now I have very different dreams with her (rarely) because I finally managed to process a lot of stuff. Just one of my stories regarding dreams, I have many
Old 07-19-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

a lot of people on here believe in karma...i really don't..not in the way that they think it is anyway..but if it does exist maybe dream time is heavy karma and dharma time...payback for the son of a bitch i've been in past lives and maybe this life too...and information about my path
Old 07-19-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Dreams are as open to interpretations as we think them to be. Like imagination, the only limits are entirely subjectively imposed. We make what we will of our own dreams, and so on and whatever.

I think when we try to reason out our dreams, as if they had relative standing in our external objective lives, we start crossing boundary's that begin to have unmerited assumptions.

For me anyways, dreams are born in the realm of imagination. Creating direct connections with my objective life from my dreams can be entertaining or frightening as the case maybe, but dreams are certainly not anything but subjective experiences for me.

Dreaming is a normal and healthy aspect of a persons life.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I agree with Robby. If anything, dreams are the ultimate land of subjectivity. Our minds are of course a sophisticated "kitchen" that cooks up these nocturnal musings from a zillion pieces of information, memories (including emotional memories), impressions, whatnot - in completely subjective and personally processed combinations. That's imagination

I personally love my dream world mostly because it's yet another interesting and colorful areas of the reality, the way I experience reality. Subjective reality, in this case. I think it's cool to have these "adventures" while we lie in the bed and do nothing I also love to dissect my mind and dreams (among many other processes) are good medium for this.

I also do not believe that dreams transmit any objective / external meaning, but it's my belief... no problem if others have different views.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

You have said before that you have some experiences you are afraid to share for fear of being judged. It is more likely you have dreams about schizophrenia because you feel judged rather than some universal truth trying to communicate with you while you sleep. Someone on here said feeling like you are going crazy is actually a good sign of personal growth esp for people like us leaving alcohol delusional land. Nothing you have ever written to me makes me think you are mentally ill Cabo. If anything sometimes I think you don't give yourself enough credit.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Be grateful it was a bad dream and not the real thing.
A lot of my drinking was during black outs.
Still frightening to me today after a lot of years sober
Old 07-21-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

no these was just a dream silent...but for some reason maybe i have a fear of schizophrenia..but i never had it..which is the weird thing...i also have strange reuccurring dream of this puppy that follows me around that is filthy..but i refuse o wash him because he isn't mine...strange stuff..really i don't think dreams are anything but the subcounscious ..im just wondering why that is in my brain at all
Old 07-21-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

or maybe dreams have a deeper meaning..i just don't have much experience with that