Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part V: "Rise of Sober Cow" –everybody run!

Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part V: "Rise of Sober Cow" –everybody run!

Old 07-17-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I am glad you have hope. Hope is a positive quality. I have observed, though, that you often express great bitterness at not having joy. That is what I interpreted as "pining." Often I have to just tell myself to shut up when I begin to get negative. I circumvent further negativity by refusing to indulge the initial urge--otherwise I feel ten times worse.

I don't mean to impose my methods on you--I don't want you to go through life feeling even worse than you have to.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
No get carry away, Robot. My hopes is like single fire fly in the darkness, not light of a thousand suns!
Yeah, I hear you. Still though, a single fire fly in the darkness is bright enough, yeah?

Been there and done that.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Silly goose Gilmer. Please always speak you candid mind to Cow. I total know you in my corner.

I has indeed express outrage, sadness, bitterness, despair, envy, etc. over inability to feel joy, and it maybe would seem kinder if I just let go, but ...how can I say... for me, sometime 'bad-feeling' emotion still better than no emotion at all. If that make sense?

for Robot too! Yes, in blackest darkness, even tiny light can be seen from very very far away.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Here's a another helpful goddess, just for us! And maybe just in time....

Durga -*Invincible, Radiant, Powerful, Supreme, Divinely Feminine and Destroyer of Demons

Dear Old Self,
I’ve set fire to you – destroying the old demons – you’re not needed here anymore.
Making way for change and grace. A choice to grow and be strong.*
The New Self is like that – destroying all that isn’t needed to create a powerful, loving, supreme woman. A woman who is going to make a difference in the world.*
It isn’t enough to connect with my soul’s deepest desires. I have to act. My choices have to align with my desires or I risk it becoming a daydream that never unfolds into precious reality.
It isn’t enough that I know my yearnings, I must fully live the life that I know only I can.

Love from Lenina. And I need one of those wands.....
Old 07-17-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Lenina, see AO for magic wand, I think she selling them out of trunk of her car at swap meet.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Yes, I completely understand.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Oh, goodie! I love a good bargain on magic wands. Just as long as it's not covered in stripper glitter. I have it from a very reliable source that most of the one dollar bills in the US are contaminated with stripper glitter.

Love from Lenina

now I'm afraid to go to the dollar store. Maybe good bargains but a lady my age doesn't need glitter in her wrinkles. T'aint proper.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Anybody who has not exhausted all of the avenues of potential self-discovery should, indeed, not abandon ship, Robby. It is very possible that Cow, in her previous discussions, was in error when she said that she had tried everything. It is only in taking her at her word that I suggested she stop banging her head against the wall.
I'm not in deep disagreement, Gilmer. Its just sometimes broken can eventually become the new fixed, is my experience anyways. What any of us may sometimes consider beyond useless for ourselves may yet have some worth for others relative to their own situations. I spent some seriously dark years sorting myself out. I'm still a work in progress nonetheless for all my accomplishments. This is not surprising. Darkness is not our enemy for it is within the darkness our light shines brightest.

I suppose so much of this is subjective. How we choose to suffer or not suffer speaks also to how we come to terms with ourselves. How we balance our lives all the while creates a life worth living. The alternatives are grim.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
I used to say I was broken. Or damaged. For a long time I thought so. Now I think I just thought that. Really, I was only human, and didn't know.

O, & as to family members, yes -- did you think sobriety would make you stupid LOL? Things we shielded ourselves from tend to become more clear when you're not in the bag all the time. You can take it, though. I'm sure of it.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

My hopes is like single fire fly in the darkness, not light of a thousand suns!

crumbs, Cow ...isn't that exactly what hope IS?

light of a thousand suns, that's not hope. that's a burning-bush-blinding-blast of uh...out of aliteration here.

go with the fly!
Old 07-17-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi Cow, just wanted to pop in and say I'm glad you seem to be going OK at least and are back. xx

Lenina, see AO for magic wand, I think she selling them out of trunk of her car at swap meet.
See, you have a glorious sense of humour, there must be some spark of happiness there that it can ignite. I think if you were completely without joy or happiness, then you would have no sense of humour.

The seed is there in your humour. I'm sure it can grow.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:18 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Yes, I think a sense of humor is the shield and the saving grace. mine developed as a protective device. If I could laugh, I didn't have to cry in front of people I didn't want to see my pain. Cow, I think you've done this too, to a degree. And as you've mentioned before, it was your safe place, your ability to write. to express what was going on inside.

OK, I have to go. About to lose connection to the Internet, if not reality.

Love from Lenina
Old 07-17-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
p***enger

Oh god I wouldn't buy someone's Hitachi Magic Wand at a swap meet. Do you all not believe in cooties?
Old 07-17-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new signature quote cow.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Hitachisan cure for many ailment Cow. Can help produce much oxytocin in brain matter.

Now if you all will excuse me, I got a Buick trunk to pack up.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:35 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
Oh god I wouldn't buy someone's Hitachi Magic Wand at a swap meet. Do you all not believe in cooties?
you mean, that's not stripper glitter? Eww!

love from Lenina
Old 07-18-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by courage2
Oh god I wouldn't buy someone's Hitachi Magic Wand at a swap meet.
You wouldn't be able to anyway. No one in their right mind who owned one would ever part with it.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

When you guys is end up in D Jail, I not posting bond, okay? I telling you right now. Not even calls me.

As for senses of humor, is not veil or mask for me, in fact is maybe only sincere aspect of persona I fake to interact with world. Cuz, I truly IS actual sarcastic wise ass, and other seem to enjoy this. Whereas having to pretend, hey, I care about you, and we having good time, and I in pleasant mood, and smiling, ugh, so exhausting and all total performance. So humor easier, plus it entertain other and maybe they not notice I really dark detach miserable sot.

I appreciate humor as clever use of intellect, but I never laugh or feel amuse or like it gonna be gateway to good feelings. I always has have same cynical irreverent sense of humor. Could be maybe it start as coping thing. Way to talk own self through very tough times. God know, cruel absurdity of life can always be tempered by some wise ass sarcasms and a few offensive quips.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
quat

well perhaps you can take some small solace in at least (i hope) not being afflicted with glitter in your taint wrinkles a la Lenina
Old 07-18-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Too much glitter can be itchy. Confirmed by field research.